06/23/16 - Detroit - Ford Field (More Pre-Party Info, Pg 10)

downzy

18 hours ago, Bumble's Bridge Pickup said:

Remind me, why does Frank get a guitar solo again?

Nothing against this guy, but GNR has 2 other drummers that actually contributed to the success of the band.  Its weird that they couldn't let one be on tour with them

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

Nothing against this guy, but GNR has 2 other drummers that actually contributed to the success of the band.  Its weird that they couldn't let one be on tour with them

This might be sacrilegious but I don't care who plays the drums as long as they do a passable job at it. For me just having Slash, Axl and Duff finally on the same stage for 2 hours is incredible

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

When did Frank play guitar? I have zero recollection of that

23 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

When did Frank play guitar? I have zero recollection of that

He didn't. If you go back and look at my pics you'll see a really odd one that my wife wife got though. The video screen makes it look like frank has Slash's arms lol

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

He didn't. If you go back and look at my pics you'll see a really odd one that my wife wife got though. The video screen makes it look like frank has Slash's arms lol

Ohhhhh ok. I saw that pic and was like wtf

Haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AFGnR said:

One issue is..Axl's weaker songs vocally..SCOM, NR, PC, YCBM...are the most popular songs among the casual fans.

Axl nailed NR in Detroit, it was beautiful. SCOM needs a bit more work, PC wasn't in form yet but better and YCBM I don't like his vocals on. Live everything is great though so fans leave happy.

im still quite impressed with Axl's vocals, I guess i just have different expectations 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl nailed NR in Detroit, it was beautiful. SCOM needs a bit more work, PC wasn't in form yet but better and YCBM I don't like his vocals on. Live everything is great though so fans leave happy.

im still quite impressed with Axl's vocals, I guess i just have different expectations 

November Rain sounded a lot better in Detroit. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KeifferGNR said:

Full concert:

Great to see Axl with some energy again instead of the half assed efforts he mailed in with NuGuns at times......He's got his swagger back and seems reborn between his reconciliation with Slash and his time playing with AC/DC...hopefully he will be inspired to make some new music with his old mates..............

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, SheldonR311 said:

When Guns took the stage what happened with the floor situation?   Did people mostly just stand right at their chairs or did everyone just move to the front anyways?  Did the chairs get tossed to the side?

Everyone stayed in their spot. 

1 hour ago, SheldonR311 said:

When Guns took the stage what happened with the floor situation?   Did people mostly just stand right at their chairs or did everyone just move to the front anyways?  Did the chairs get tossed to the side?

Chairs are attached together with zip ties...  lots tried coming up but we're met with walls of security so most stayed in spot 

18 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

I bet Slither replaces Seeker at some point. In SMKC Slash often ended his show Slither, Paradise

That would be the perfect replacement.. Or for one of the CD songs actually.. That would be much better ;)