06/23/16 - Detroit - Ford Field (More Pre-Party Info, Pg 10)

downzy

1 minute ago, LA_0013 said:

Axl looks the best he has in years. Hands down.

2002 I just couldn't reconcile in my brain that the guy on stage with the cornrows was the same guy I'd seen 9 years previously. 2006 was better, but still bizarre. 2010 onwards he looked much better but had fashion (and moustache) issues .

2016 Axl is a complete throwback to the vintage years, in terms of how he looks and sounds on stage. Kinda like an aged version of his Yesterday's video look. 

yeah the cornrows were an unmitigated disaster! he looks great now IMO... :)

12 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

A big wtf?!?!?! It must not be about slash then......it must be about us, the fans, after all  :wow:

The media - it's Get in the Ring II.

I'll kick your ass like I said that I would.

It's about Mick Wall maybe. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

That was fn incredible.. Just watched 3 times in a row

The moment when Slash looks up at Axl after the solo and points towards him... Holy shit...

Everything is great until Axl sings. I'm so over his weak vocals with GNR after hearing what he did with ACDC. At Vegas, his vocals sucked the energy out of too many songs. And in Detriot, with ACDC ingrained in my mind, it's just a shame. Sing the fucking songs already, Axl!! Just think BIB, and sing Rocket Queen. And do that for the entire setlist, ya know, like a professional singer does it. Like you did it. With Angus. It's enough of this Mt. Everest voice.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I hope someone posts a good version of The Seeker from this show. 

Best performance that I've seen. Really dig the energy. 

Have you seen this one? Pretty good sound quality.

• Like 1

Civil War was one of the better songs of the night vocally for me, and thats up there with some of the better performances. I think his voice in the first chorus is what I'm hoping emerges mpre consistantly, which is a nice hybrid between clean and rasp. I love the biB rasp but even by show 12 of the Euro ACDC tour you could tell his voice was starting to really struggle...and GnR are longer and the tour is double the length, I think he is being very wise with how he is singing at the moment. He could probably go all out, but I think his won't make the end of the tour if he did that.

The best song IMO, OTGM, I think he nailed that.

Ps, LOVED that SCOM ending, Axl just looks at Slash with such a massive grin, almost like he is transfixed. It must still be so surreal to the band to have Slash back doing what he does best.

Edited by koldweather

9 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

That was fn incredible.. Just watched 3 times in a row

The moment when Slash looks up at Axl after the solo and points towards him... Holy shit...

man, fortus's moves are embarrassingly cringeful.  izzy can't return soon enough.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

I bet Slither replaces Seeker at some point. In SMKC Slash often ended his show Slither, Paradise

Slither should replace The Seeker permanently!

Good list of alternatives though. Surprised to see Sorry there over say IRS which, stylistically anyways, has more of the classic Guns vibe (and Slash would probably tear to shreds). Mildly disappointed that Whole Lotta Rosie is on there still. Now that Axl is doing the AC/DC thing there's no need for AC/DC covers in the set. That's precious room for another gem.

I like Don't Cry where it is but Patience is a must every night. No harm in sticking one earlier in the set. It's not like either is particularly demanding vocally so no problems doing both.

• Like 1