06/23/16 - Detroit - Ford Field (More Pre-Party Info, Pg 10)

downzy

12 minutes ago, nn18 said:

I really don't understand those of you saying that the reason he doesn't sound ''perfect'' is that he is not motivated enough and does not give it all. Have you seen him during Nightrain, ISE, OTGM...? Does that look like someone who's bored or doesn't give 100%? It certainly does not look like that to me! He just goes MENTAL! He might have said that he would rather be into film music that GN'R, but that's because that's Axl Rose and he's just too proud to admit that he's got fire up his belly just by standing next to Slash and singing songs they wrote together 30 years ago....

I allready pointed this in other thread, but just look at this:

3:19

That just blew my mind! Pure magic! That energy, that rage, that swagger.....just beautifull

And I followed all of the Axl/DC gigs on periscope, watching videos and all; Axl did sound amazing and looked like he was enjoying himself, but I have not seen him being THIS happy and fullfiled. It's just not the same singing somebody else's songs and singing your own, even for the 354 times. Even DJ Ashba knows that ;)

Rock on :heart:

Out Ta Get me was a highlight for me.  I think the band sounded great... perfect?  No but Rock N Roll isn't supposed to be perfect people. It is supposed to be REAL.  Axl not giving his all?  No lie a few times I thought dude your 54 your gonna have a stroke singing that hard lol and then I read these boards and hear fans saying he didn't give his all nonesense but he did for acdc? Dont get it

Edited by metalms
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, nn18 said:

I really don't understand those of you saying that the reason he doesn't sound ''perfect'' is that he is not motivated enough and does not give it all. Have you seen him during Nightrain, ISE, OTGM...? Does that look like someone who's bored or doesn't give 100%? It certainly does not look like that to me! He just goes MENTAL! He might have said that he would rather be into film music that GN'R, but that's because that's Axl Rose and he's just too proud to admit that he's got fire up his belly just by standing next to Slash and singing songs they wrote together 30 years ago....

I allready pointed this in other thread, but just look at this:

3:19

That just blew my mind! Pure magic! That energy, that rage, that swagger.....just beautifull

And I followed all of the Axl/DC gigs on periscope, watching videos and all; Axl did sound amazing and looked like he was enjoying himself, but I have not seen him being THIS happy and fullfiled. It's just not the same singing somebody else's songs and singing your own, even for the 354th time. Even DJ Ashba knows that ;)

Rock on :heart:

I like Slash's little skip at 1:04 +.

If Adler was there that would sound perfection.

8 minutes ago, nn18 said:

Although his exact meaning wasn't clear, he seemed to be saying in the China Exchange interview that by singing cleanly in 2002 and 2011-2014 it has afforded him the opportunity to sing with AC/DC, presumably meaning he saved his voice. 

If he really does end up fronting both bands for the next 5-10 years then I really hope he sings with Guns as he did in Detroit. My personal preference is full-on 2010 rasp but i'd rather he used a healthy mix of clean and raspy a la 2006-7 than burned his voice the fuck out. 

It's funny, I never wanted any kind of reunion: I wanted album number 6 from the Bucket lineup. But I am absolutely overjoyed at how amazingly this whole things is turning out. Yet it seems the people who've been desperate for a reunion all along are the ones picking holes in things already.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah that song just bleeds what Guns N' Roses were all about to me.. It has such big fucking balls and they nail it. I hope it stays in the set for Foxboro. Love me some OTGM!! 

On a side note, what did you think of Frank at this show? I know you aren't exactly his biggest fan but always give credit where it's due. From the videos I've watched so far, it seems like he's locked into a better tempo and feel. He's even toned down some of the big extra fills. I say that as someone who always liked Frank, so I'm curious what you thought of these videos.

1 hour ago, metalms said:

wOut Ta Get me was a highlight for me.  I think the band sounded great... perfect?  No but Rock N Roll isn't supposed to be perfect people. It is supposed to be REAL.  Axl not giving his all?  No lie a few times I thought dude your 54 your gonna have a stroke singing that hard lol and then I read these boards and hear fans saying he didn't give his all nonesense but he did for acdc? Dont get it

I agree 100% with this.  people just like to complain about GNR, but have no idea what they are talking about.  I have been going to see them since 1988 and this is how they ALWAYS sound. its 30 years later people!. If you want auto tuned, lip singing garbage that sounds perfect, go back to your Justin Beiber concerts and let us rock fans enjoy the shows

Edited by fabrph5
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, SheldonR311 said:

Everyone is arguing about if Axl is holding back or not, when we should be discussing THIS at length lol.

How did Melissa do at this show? Dizzy was amazing on the bongos during WTTJ. SNL should do a more bongos skit.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

OH MY GOSH! We should like totally start a GNR men's thread devoted to Melissa!

Butt seriously though #I'dFuckingWreckThat.

She certainly is much easier on the eyes than Pitman was. ;)

Edited by Kasanova King

5 minutes ago, AFGnR said:

How did Melissa do at this show? Dizzy was amazing on the bongos during WTTJ. SNL should do a more bongos skit.

I guess you are the first guy in this whole thread who even mentioned Dizzy's name lol

I think Slash and Duff don't even talk to Dizzy, but they seem to get a long with Melissa very well.

I am starting to like her, even though I do want many changes with this line up as im a big AFD 5 fan, but well she is way better than pitman in terms of stage appearance.

Its not about being a girl, its about the attitude you have that's why many people including me prefer her than Dizzy.

She will be a great addition to Slash's solo band

• Like 1

The most annoying posters are the ones who are constantly complaining about other posters not liking the performance as much as they do. Just because you think something was perfect doesn't mean that everybody else had to agree with you. It's called an OPINION and yours isn't any more valid than anybody else's. 

Besides. Who cares? If you loved the show then why let some stranger's opinion bother you so much?

Also lol at the negativity towards people's opinions based on persocope or YouTube videos. If you complain about the few random negative ones then how come you aren't complaining about the people who say the YouTube videos sound amazing?

People should stop being so outraged and offended over a difference of opinion about a rock band. Concerts are a personal experience. If you had a blast - awesome! Who cares if a complete stranger to you didn't have the same experience. Don't be so insecure. Love what you love. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PITBOSS said:

To the folks that attended,  was it loud enough? My main beef with Vegas is that it wasn't very loud. 

Yeah, it was pretty loud. I was in the pit, though. It wasn't blow your head off loud, but the sound was very good. Heard everyone quite well from my spot. Slash's guitar needed more volume on Comas outro, though

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PITBOSS said:

To the folks that attended,  was it loud enough? My main beef with Vegas is that it wasn't very loud. 

Agreed. I couldn't hear Axl when he spoke. And I could hear the 2 drunk fuckin dipshits near me talking the entire time. And I was in the 3rd row floor! That was very surprising to me. NuGuns shows were extremely loud... It's gotta be cranked pretty good now for stadiums I would hope.

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

On a side note, what did you think of Frank at this show? I know you aren't exactly his biggest fan but always give credit where it's due. From the videos I've watched so far, it seems like he's locked into a better tempo and feel. He's even toned down some of the big extra fills. I say that as someone who always liked Frank, so I'm curious what you thought of these videos.

I'm not gonna start sucking his dick just yet but he did seem better, the tempos were noticeably better on November Rain and Jungle. Still not a fan of him and Fortus on Rocket Queen but even that was a little better all around. Axl and Slash nailed the outro..

I notice he blatantly changes those iconic fills of Sorums on songs like November Rain I think Don't Cry.. It sounds a bit awkward  but I don't hate it. 

But yeah, at least for one show there seemed to be improvement in tempo and feel and it appeared Slash fed off of it and was able to get locked in a bit more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AFGnR said:

I watched almost all the videos and didn't even notice her until her solo spot singing the chorus at the beginning of PC.. Didn't like that at all.. Between that and Axl singing that weird part over Slash's iconic lead intro, they really butcher the beginning of that song.

On a plus note, Axl seemed to let Slash jam out for a couple extra bars during the outro which was great.

• Like 3