06/23/16 - Detroit - Ford Field (More Pre-Party Info, Pg 10)

downzy

Just now, Slash787 said:

That's cool man, I will be aiming for Sydney if things work out for me.

You prefer to be in GA or you be in the back or the sides?

Probably in the seats have stuffed back so I struggle standing for long periods 

Edited by Gibbo 27

9 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

No dude.  My point is that the vast majority of Guns N' Roses sings HAVE no freakin' rasp in them to begin with.

The entire rasp thing is the most overblown, ridiculous thing that I read coming out of these forums everyday.

Go listen to every studio version G n' R song and come back and tell me how many and what % of G N' R songs are sung with rasp?

Axl started using rasp in live shows during the Illusions tour to compensate for his voice getting strained during the tour.  Even back then fans knew when he would go rasp, his voice was off because the songs didn't sound like the studio version.  I

t wasn't until a lot of these live shows were mastered and recorded that the rasp actually began to be real part of the songs (live) because it actually sounded decent.  But go listen to the studio version of G N' R songs and the only real time you hear rasp is during screams....the vast majority of G N' R songs are sung clean or in his low voice.  

So put all this rasp nonsense to bed already.

Ok, ok... You have your point.

So, for you, Axl doesn't sing all the songs with rasp just because they were not meant to be sung with rasp. The studio version of them doesn't have rasp. 

Fine.

So I must conclude that Brian uses a hell of rasp in AC/DC songs, because that is how Axl sang them in the last month, right?

15 hours ago, Slash787 said:

@RussTCB tag me when some one posts a video of Better, btw Slash played the Anaconda Green guitar on which song?

Meant to reply to this and got sidetracked. I'm sure you've seen by now, but there's video of Better a page or 2 back. I'm honestly not sure about the guitar. The only time I really took note of his guitars was when it was something really odd like the one he used on CD. I just saw them a few months ago and he used his LP on that. So seeing the different guitar stood out and I noticed it. 

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Meant to reply to this and got sidetracked. I'm sure you've seen by now, but there's video of Better a page or 2 back. I'm honestly not sure about the guitar. The only time I really took note of his guitars was when it was something really odd like the one he used on CD. I just saw them a few months ago and he used his LP on that. So seeing the different guitar stood out and I noticed it. 

Slash used a B.C. Rich Mockingbird during CD and LP Anaconda during New Rose.

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, tbignoto said:

So, for you, Axl doesn't sing all the songs with rasp just because they were not meant to be sung with rasp. The studio version of them doesn't have rasp. 

Fine.

So I must conclude that Brian uses a hell of rasp in AC/DC songs, because that is how Axl sang them in the last month, right?

I'm just a casual AC/DC fan but most of the AC/DC songs I'm familiar with have a lot of rasp in the studio versions.  

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

I'm just a casual AC/DC fan but most of the AC/DC songs I'm familiar with have a lot of rasp in the studio versions.  

I don't agree. Rock or Bust, the first song of the shows, was totally different. 

Anyway, we will never reach a consensus.

Even this morning, my wife just said "I have guns n roses STILL swimming through my brain." She then said "I have the one song (tried to sing the intro to better) stuck in my head, what song was that?" She went with me in 2011, and was not nearly as impressed. Two days later, she STILL wants to talk about it, that never happens with us, lol. I'm always the one bringing up guns n roses topics, lol.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, tbignoto said:

Fine.

Brian has/had arguably the raspiest voice in all of rock. He had a clean voice, but he literally never used it after he left Geordie. With AC/DC it was all rasp all the time on the albums, and to varying degrees of success live once his voice started deteriorating. 

Listen, I wasn't particularly fond of how he sounded on recordings from Vegas. Better than 2011 through 2013, but still not great. He sounded legitimately great the other night. Maybe not the best vocal performance I've seen in person (I'd say that still belongs to Hamilton 2010), but still damn good. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, tbignoto said:

Fine.

Yes that is right, glad you could see it.

16 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Replying to @Slash787 reminded me to go back and listen to Better again:

That thing Slash does at 4:23 is so bad ass. I'm glad he's kept it in his version of the solo.

Imo the first solo is even better. Bluesy, meaty, rock n' roll awesomeness. This is how this song would sound like if Slash was there back then. 

5 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

Axl sounded fucking incredible in person at Ford Field.

Please don't waste any more time analyzing iPhone videos,

For anyone that is going to these upcoming shows, you will NOT be disappointed.

I would argue that you get a better representation of what he actually sounds like from the youtube videos. Vocal flaws are easily covered at live Rock shows due to to the loud amps and crowd. Sure Axl struggle at times, but he also kicked ass at times. Overall he seemed to have put on a pretty damn solid performance. He certainly seems to be giving it 100% which is all I hoped for going into this. He sounds better than he has in awhile from what I have seen and seems to have improved from the first few shows. Some people over state how awesome he sounds but he is still doing a damn fine job. The band seems to have stepped it up a notch the last  show which is huge. I think it takes some of the weight off his shoulders and kind of balances things when he is struggling. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChrisMaciel said:

Amazing stage, amazing camera angles and screenshots.

anybody else noticed that axl didnt leave the stage during song intros and solos?

I wonder if it's partly because he can't do that with AC/DC. Because he said the reason he always did that was because he felt like a plonker just standing around dancing during long instrumentals. But it was really bad back in 2002 when he'd literally run off during every song, sometimes more than once. He's clearly enjoyed dancing around all over Angus's solos and has realised it's more fun to be on stage than in the back. Makes for a much better show. 

19 hours ago, killuridols said:

Your gentle criticism a.k.a. condescence is not needed around. You can have your opinion, you can enjoy your setlist as much as you want and I can have my different opinion too, expect things, suggest things and even demand them, as the recurring Guns N' Roses customer than I am :thumbsup:

You deserve it for talking absolute bollocks. It's getting your knickers in a twist about the setlist after the first goddam show of the tour that "is not needed around." 

I corrected every brainfart in your previous post line-by line and you responded with more tripe. You're going on ignore. 

• Like 1

I really don't understand those of you saying that the reason he doesn't sound ''perfect'' is that he is not motivated enough and does not give it all. Have you seen him during Nightrain, ISE, OTGM...? Does that look like someone who's bored or doesn't give 100%? It certainly does not look like that to me! He just goes MENTAL! He might have said that he would rather be into film music that GN'R, but that's because that's Axl Rose and he's just too proud to admit that he's got fire up his belly just by standing next to Slash and singing songs they wrote together 30 years ago....

I allready pointed this in other thread, but just look at this:

3:19

That just blew my mind! Pure magic! That energy, that rage, that swagger.....just beautifull

And I followed all of the Axl/DC gigs on periscope, watching videos and all; Axl did sound amazing and looked like he was enjoying himself, but I have not seen him being THIS happy and fullfiled. It's just not the same singing somebody else's songs and singing your own, even for the 354th time. Even DJ Ashba knows that ;)

Rock on :heart:

Edited by nn18
grammar
  • Like 3

Just now, Powerage5 said:

It was the first time I've seen them do OTGM. I honestly wasn't too fussed about seeing it live, but damn - it kicks serious ass live. 

Yeah that song just bleeds what Guns N' Roses were all about to me.. It has such big fucking balls and they nail it. I hope it stays in the set for Foxboro. Love me some OTGM!! 

• Like 3