06/23/16 - Detroit - Ford Field (More Pre-Party Info, Pg 10)

downzy

6 minutes ago, Kickingthehabit said:

I might consider it "crawling back" after 23 days, or 23 weeks, or even 23 months, but 23 YEARS? I mean, say that out loud. "Slash came crawling back to Axl after 23 years."

Stupid.

He called him a cancer just a few years ago, he still likes Elton John ballads, still owns the name and not much has changed when it comes to how Axl is doing things. Somehow I don't think This I Love is something Slash will do if it wasn't Axl's song, in his own band. 7 Slash albums and I don't hear no Seymour weeping. A lot of compromise on Slash's part. Much more compared to what Axl "had" to change. He shows up on time and lets them choose what they want to play as well.

Crawling back cause much of what Slash and Duff had a problem with is just the way Axl operates and that hasn't changed. Late start times was not Slash's only problem with Axl according to Slash himself. Just because 23 years have passed doesn't make it any less submissive in my stupid opinion.

Edited by Rovim

3 minutes ago, moreblack said:

There's been no crawling back. 

I think they got old and figured it's not or never so they did whatever it took to get back in Guns playing stadiums, making money, and also perhaps they missed being in a band with Axl.

But is he not a dictator anymore? if not, that's great news! I've said all I'm going to say about this matter in this thread.

Edited by Rovim

11 minutes ago, Rovim said:

He called him a cancer just a few years ago, he still likes Elton John ballads, still owns the name and not much has changed when it comes to how Axl is doing things. Somehow I don't think This I Love is something Slash will do if it wasn't Axl's song, in his own band.

Crawling back cause much of what Slash and Duff had a problem with is just the way Axl operates and that hasn't changed. Late start times was not Slash's only problem with Axl according to Slash himself. Just because 23 years have passed doesn't make it any less submissive in my stupid opinion.

Yeah, but it's all presumption. I could argue Axl joined ACDC as an insurance policy because he's now sharing control of GNR with Slash and Duff and knows that if they leave again, he'll never have the credibility with fans or promoters to continue as Guns N' Roses. That's as realistic as anything you're suggesting, stupid.

Edited by Kickingthehabit
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Rovim, what the hell man? This is the detroit show thread. Come on

Last one.

10 minutes ago, Kickingthehabit said:

Yeah, but it's all presumption. I could argue Axl joined ACDC as an insurance policy because he's now sharing control of GNR with Slash and Duff and knows that if they leave again, he'll never have the credibility with fans or promoters to continue as Guns N' Roses. That's as realistic as anything you're suggesting, stupid.

No it isn't as realistic. It's something you've made up. We know why Axl joined AC/DC and Axl doesn't share control with anyone. Not really. Everything I've suggested is at least much more likely compared to what you've just said.

Edited by Rovim

My analysis of the show:

1. The band put on a good show. They delivered on stage presence. 

2. The music sounded very good. Frank still sucks.

3. Axl delivered on swagger and it was nice seeing him move around again. Unfortunately, he didn't deliver vocally for the entire show. He was good in Jungle. 

I don't know what Axl's deal is.We will probably never know, but Axl is intentionally not singing to his full potential with GNR. I am bummed by this because I always felt that Slash would be the person to motivate him to sing 100%. Unfortunately it wasn't , and Axl still doesn't give a fuck. Some of these GNR songs are easy to sing with rasp and he is not doing it. These shows would be 10/10 if he sounded the way he does with ACDC. I had hopes that things were going to be different after listening to the ACDC. 

I will still enjoy the shows because even though we will never hear the Axl of old ever again,( not even from 2010)it is still him with Slash on stage, and that is pretty badass.

Edited by SWINGTRADER

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

He called him a cancer just a few years ago, he still likes Elton John ballads, still owns the name and not much has changed when it comes to how Axl is doing things. Somehow I don't think This I Love is something Slash will do if it wasn't Axl's song, in his own band. 7 Slash albums and I don't hear no Seymour weeping. A lot of compromise on Slash's part. Much more compared to what Axl "had" to change. He shows up on time and lets them choose what they want to play as well.

:facepalm:

9 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

Please explain. 

9 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

Please explain. 

I thought his vocals were very strong last night. To say he is purposely holding back is ridiculous, imo. He showed a ton of effort- OTGM, Nightrain, Civil War, Jungle, etc

• Like 4