06/23/16 - Detroit - Ford Field (More Pre-Party Info, Pg 10)

downzy

Just got an email with an offer for a new Detroit shirt that wasn't available at the show. It's the logo they tweeted with the Detroit skyline in the middle of the bullet. 

In news that willing shock no one, they got me and I ordered it. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I totally agree that Axl is doing his thing.  His "thing" now is much different than what his "thing" was a few years ago.  He comes on stage 2 minutes early now.  He cares about what Slash and Duff think of his music.  He thinks Chinese Democracy should have been "cleaner".  He's ok with Slash making the CD songs his own.  He's cool with Slash and Duff having influence over the setlist.  Everything Axl has done this year shows that he has moved on and has put the past behind him.  "Not in this Lifetime" is the perfect example of Axl moving on to the point that he jokes about it now.  That's huge

Axl isn't blind to the fact that he is currently headlining 60,000 seat stadiums @ $300+ a ticket, in the U.S. (hardest country in the world to sell out stadiums for concerts)....when just 2 years ago he was playing residencies in Las Vegas.  He knows the importance of Slash and Duff.... to the extent of him not being sure whether or not to release an autobiography because he doesn't want to cause any undo tension with the band.  So yes, he wants to put out a new record....and he wants to do it no matter what.....and of course he wants Slash and Duff involved. 

Alright. His thing now is much different compared to a few years ago cause even if he still has control, Slash and Duff do have some say I would imagine when it comes to some things that perhaps his former employees did not.

But the late start times kinda already became a none issue before Slash and Duff rejoined Guns. And he never wanted Slash and Duff to leave, it was their choice for whatever reason. Let's say Axl's way of doing things.

And he didn't say Chinese should have been cleaner vocally. He said he chose a clearer style of singing for that album and it didn't resonate with a lot of Guns fans. Nu band members like Tommy did have some influence when it came to what they played, at least partially. He's still not going to do shit he doesn't want to do. He seems to enjoy and support other members and what they want as well, not just what gets him off musically. It makes the show better if everyone is into it so in a way it serves his agenda too. And yes, he seems to respect Slash (and Duff) enough to not want to call them liars or insult them, but he still said "yes" to writing a book. Still wants to tell his side of the story it seems. Not really all in the past is it? he could have just said "no, no book" if his only interest was to spare Slash's feelings.

He always wanted Slash involved imo cause he's not stupid, he knows how talented he is and understands the value of what Slash and Duff bring to the table. Still, I don't really believe he just forgot everything that went down in the past 20 years. Not likely. He's willing to try to work it out, but he didn't just bury all the issues. Seems like he still wants to share more about that in the future.

Just because Slash and Duff are back doesn't mean he gave up on everything he wanted to do musically, or his damaged reputation. It's possible there are still some mixed emotions. I don't mean it's negative to the point he's still as bitter as he was, but the China exchange did show that he still thinks Slash lied and he shared that with everyone. (like what he said about Slash's book and how some shit that was written there never even happened)

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Alright. His thing now is much different compared to a few years ago cause even if he still has control, Slash and Duff do have some say I would imagine when it comes to some things that perhaps his former employees did not have.

But he late start times were not really an issue before Slash and Duff rejoined Guns. And he never wanted Slash and Duff to leave, it was their choice for whatever reason. Let's say Axl's way of doing things.

He didn't say Chinese should have been cleaner vocally. He said he chose a clearer style of singing for that album and it didn't resonate with a lot of Guns fans. Nu band members like Tommy did have some influence when it came to what they played, at least partially. He's still not going to do shit he doesn't want to do. He seems to enjoy and support other members and what they want as well, not just what gets him off musically. It makes the show better if everyone is into it so in a way it serves his agenda too. And yes, he seems to respect Slash (and Duff) enough to not want to call them a liar, but he still said "yes" to writing a book. Still wants to tell his side of the story it seems. Not really all in the past is it? he could have just said "no, no book" if his only interest was to spare Slash's feelings.

He always wanted Slash involved imo cause he's not stupid, he knows how talented he is and understands the value of what Slash and Duff bring to the table. Still, I don't really believe he just forgot everything that went down in the past 20 years. Not likely. He's willing to try to work it out, but he didn't just bury all the issues. Seems like he still wants to share more about that in the future.

Just because Slash and Duff are back doesn't mean he gave up on everything he wanted to do musically, or his damaged reputation. It's possible there are still some mixed emotions. I don't mean it's negative to the point he's still as bitter as he was, but the China exchange did show that he still thinks Slash lied and he shared that with everyone. (like what he said about Slash's book and how some shit that was written there never even happened)

OMG...let's get over the books.  All those types of books have fabrications, exaggerations and pontifications in them.  Axl knows this, everyone knows this.  

3 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

OMG...let's get over the books.  All those types of books have fabrications, exaggerations and pontifications in them.  Axl knows this, everyone knows this.  

You mean let's just overlook the fact Axl thinks Slash's book was basically a collection of lies? seems like Axl himself is not really over it, at least not enough to let it go completely. (meaning not mentioning it or not being open to write his own book in the future)

Edited by Rovim

54 minutes ago, Rovim said:

And he's doing his thing. That's exactly what Axl is doing. Can't you see that? it's his thing. He still has the control, while Slash and Duff are basically doing what he wants. Who calls the shots? not much has changed when it comes to who holds the real power, that's just how I think it is.

Is this the new thing?  This is popping up now constantly: "This is Axl's thing" Based on what?  On your opinion of what Duff and Slash do or do not want to play?  Until Slash or Duff says they hate playing the CD tunes this is just a theory people are pulling out of their ass.  Slash may have wanted to play CD, maybe he likes these songs and thought he could add to them.  You see what I'm doing there?  I'm saying "maybe."  If was presenting it like you, I'd say it like this:

"Slash is running the show, this is clear.  Slash felt he could improve the lead work on CD and TIL, and despite Axl's desire to stick to music from the UYI and backward only.  Slash is doing his thing.  Can't you see that? It's his thing. Slash has the control, while Axl and Duff are basically doing what he wants.  Slash is altering the CD era songs and making them his own, he is taking the band over. This is Slash Featuring Axl Rose and Conspirators."  

I'm sorry that the reunion isn't exactly as you has pictured it, but that does not mean Slash and Duff have the exact same thoughts and feelings you do. The fact that you didn't want CD songs on the tour does not mean Slash and Duff feel the same and are being held hostage and forced to play them against their will.

So much area 51 shit with this band.  Sometimes an appleis just a fucking apple and there isn't a whole complex conspiracy hiding the truth that it is really an orange.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rovim said:

You mean let's just overlook the fact Axl thinks Slash's book was basically a collection of lies? seems like Axl himself is not really over it, at least not enough to let it go completely. (meaning not mentioning it or not being open to write his own book in the future)

Yes, why do I or you care what is going on with these two individuals personal lives and relationships. Frankly it is NONE OF OUR BUSINESS, so it's not our problem.    Second, this isn't appropriate for this thread I don't believe.   Finally, like I said that's the nature of these types of books, EVERYONE INCLUDING Axl knows this.  When he makes a comment as such in front of some noobs at whatever the hell that China Exchange thing is, it gets taken completely out of context.   I have no doubt if Axl released a book it would include some non-truths or half-truths.  So, yes we should all get over it, especially you.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeadSlash said:

Is this the new thing?  This is popping up now constantly: "This is Axl's thing" Based on what?  On your opinion of what Duff and Slash do or do not want to play?  Until Slash or Duff says they hate playing the CD tunes this is just a theory people are pulling out of their ass.  Slash may have wanted to play CD, maybe he likes these songs and thought he could add to them.  You see what I'm doing there?  I'm saying "maybe."  If was presenting it like you, I'd say it like this:

"Slash is running the show, this is clear.  Slash felt he could improve the lead work on CD and TIL, and despite Axl's desire to stick to music from the UYI and backward only.  Slash is doing his thing.  Can't you see that? It's his thing. Slash has the control, while Axl and Duff are basically doing what he wants.  Slash is altering the CD era songs and making them his own, he is taking the band over. This is Slash Featuring Axl Rose and Conspirators."  

I'm sorry that the reunion isn't exactly as you has pictured it, but that does not mean Slash and Duff have the exact same thoughts and feelings you do. The fact that you didn't want CD songs on the tour does not mean Slash and Duff feel the same and are being held hostage and forced to play them against their will.

So much area 51 shit with this band.  Sometimes an appleis just a fucking apple and there isn't a whole complex conspiracy hiding the truth that it is really an orange.

Based on the fact Slash and Duff were dying to get back to Guns and after everything they've said about what a tyrant Axl is, after enjoying their freedom, they came crawling back. (harsh, but true)

It's Axl's thing cause Slash and Duff are playing Chinese tunes, Paul Huge tunes, and willing to play with 2 keyboard players. There are many more examples.

You think the next Guns album is gonna be all analog with cock rock riffs? and Axl still owns the name and Slash and Duff are suddenly cool with it. lol. Oh how quickly we forget. All the shit about signing over the name. All the crying and yet they're baack! I guess being in a band with Axl the dictator is better than enjoying their freedom in exile.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Still waiting for the ''Stoned in LA" shirt to come back, had it when i was 10 can't believe my mum let me wear it!

I used to have that one. I feel like I saw it online somewhere when searching for a shirt to wear for Vegas.

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Alright. His thing now is much different compared to a few years ago cause even if he still has control, Slash and Duff do have some say I would imagine when it comes to some things that perhaps his former employees did not have.

But he late start times were not really an issue before Slash and Duff rejoined Guns. And he never wanted Slash and Duff to leave, it was their choice for whatever reason. Let's say Axl's way of doing things.

He didn't say Chinese should have been cleaner vocally. He said he chose a clearer style of singing for that album and it didn't resonate with a lot of Guns fans. Nu band members like Tommy did have some influence when it came to what they played, at least partially. He's still not going to do shit he doesn't want to do. He seems to enjoy and support other members and what they want as well, not just what gets him off musically. It makes the show better if everyone is into it so in a way it serves his agenda too. And yes, he seems to respect Slash (and Duff) enough to not want to call them a liar, but he still said "yes" to writing a book. Still wants to tell his side of the story it seems. Not really all in the past is it? he could have just said "no, no book" if his only interest was to spare Slash's feelings.

Dude, we can go on and on and on about this and we're no longer even saying anything different.  You're looking at it from a glass half empty point of view and I'm looking at it from a glass half full point of view. 

I think they all know they have a really good thing going now.  Have the wounds completely healed?  I think it's close....at least to the point that it no longer seems to bother them.....and they've only been together on stage for a few months, give it some time. As of now, everything seems to point to them being very cool with each other: their stage interactions,  the way they seem to get tighter and tighter musically with each show, the jokes, the way Axl talks about the band, etc.

Other than the money involved, this will become their legacy.....and everyone likes happy endings.....they're no different, imo.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Yes, why do I or you care what is going on with these two individuals personal lives and relationships. Frankly it is NONE OF OUR BUSINESS, so it's not our problem.    Second, this isn't appropriate for this thread I don't believe.   Finally, like I said that's the nature of these types of books, EVERYONE INCLUDING Axl knows this.  When he makes a comment as such in front of some noobs at whatever the hell that China Exchange thing is, it gets taken completely out of context.   I have no doubt if Axl released a book it would include some non-truths or half-truths.  So, yes we should all get over it, especially you.  

Not appropriate? I'm not trying to figure out their penis size, I'm a hardcore fan and just like it was cool to read Slash's book and Duff's books, I want to hear Axl's version of what happened. How is that any different?

Making a general statement about how ALL books contain lies is not a very strong argument. I think Axl knew exactly what it would mean when he answered the book question and said how he told Slash that shit never happened in his book. He wants to share it, I want to know it. There's no problem here.

And you have no doubt Axl will include lies in his book that doesn't exist yet? that no one has even read? how about first reading it when/if it comes out and then judging? it's called benefit of the doubt.

Edited by Rovim

Just now, Rovim said:

Not appropriate? I'm not trying to figure out their penis size, I'm a hardcore fan and just like it was cool to read Slash's book and Duff's books, I want to hear Axl's version of what happened. How is it any different?

Making a general statement about how ALL books contain lies is not a very strong argument. I think Axl knew exactly what it would mean when he answered the book question and said how he told Slash that shit never happened in his book. He wants to share it, I want to know it. There's no problem here.

And you have no doubt Axl will include lies in his book that doesn't exist yet? that no one has even read? how about first reading it when/if it comes out and then judging? it's called benefit of the doubt.

Yes, not appropriate...this thread is for the Detroit show, not your obsession over this.   I never said all books contain lies, I said books like these (tell-alls by band members).  Benefit of doubt LOLOL.

Try to stay in context bro, and PM me because again this is all off topic.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Dude, we can go on and on and on about this and we're no longer even saying anything different.  You're looking at it from a glass half empty point of view and I'm looking at it from a glass half full point of view. 

I think they all know they have a really good thing going now.  Have the wounds completely healed?  I think it's close....at least to the point that it no longer seems to bother them.....and they've only been together on stage for a few months, give it some time. As of now, everything seems to point to them being very cool with each other: their stage interactions,  the way they seem to get tighter and tighter musically with each show, the jokes, the way Axl talks about the band, etc.

Other than the money involved, this will become their legacy.....and everyone likes happy endings.....they're no different, imo.

I think everything is going fine. It's cool, but we're not saying the same thing at all. I'm looking at what Axl has said recently and I'm factoring that as well. No point in just saying "it's cool now so let's not talk about what is happening and what Axl has said about it".

He didn't talk about it as much or at least didn't touch on some things he did recently. That's a part of the story. Doesn't mean I look at it in a negative way. It just so happens that I'm very pleased about what's happening with Guns at the moment, but Axl did not really change his course imo. He's still steering this ship in a similar direction.

I think he wants to incorporate Slash and Duff and probably will, but his musical vision won't die if Slash and Duff suddenly quit. This shit being ignored by some fans just cause they're back.

Edited by Rovim

52 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Yes, not appropriate...this thread is for the Detroit show, not your obsession over this.   I never said all books contain lies, I said books like these (tell-alls by band members).  Benefit of doubt LOLOL.

Try to stay in context bro, and PM me because again this is all off topic.  

You said that's the nature of these types of books. That means the writer or Slash in this case is not fully responsible for what he said in his book. How convenient. You also said you're sure Axl will have "non truths" in his book as well, which is totally unfounded.

Benefit of the doubt meaning first read the fuckin' thing before you judge. I'll try to stay in context if you'll try to improve the quality of your ego driven posts.

But yeah maybe it is inappropriate for this thread. I've said my piece anyway. And calling my deep interest in this band an obsession is laughable. This is a fan forum, it's what this place was created for. To discuss this band in detail and not just the music but also everything that happened with the band that's relevant like Slash's book for example, but maybe not in this thread.

P.S: I've noticed that everytime you can't support your opinion, you just blame it on the shortcomings of the person you're discussing with. Weak. Back on topic now?

Edited by Rovim

Just now, Rovim said:

You said that's the nature of this types of books. That means the writer or Slash in this case is not responsible for what he said in his book. How convenient. You also said you're sure Axl will have "non truths" in his book as well, which is totally unfounded.

Benefit of the doubt meaning first read the fuckin' thing before you judge. I'll try to stay in context if you'll try to improve the quality of your ego driven posts.

But yeah maybe it is inappropriate for this thread. I've said my piece anyway. And calling my deep interest in this band an obsession is laughable. This is a fan forum, it's what this place was created for. To discuss this band in detail and not just the music but also everything that happened with the band that's relevant like Slash's book for example, but maybe not in this thread.

P.S: I've noticed that everytime you can't support your opinion, you just blame it on the shortcomings of the person you're discussing with. Weak. Back on topic now?

Get out of your bubble dude and join reality.   I'm done, you need to look in the mirror.  

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Get out of your bubble dude and join reality.   I'm done, you need to look in the mirror.  

I'll do my best. Back on topic... now? this is getting too inappropriate for me.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1