06/23/16 - Detroit - Ford Field (More Pre-Party Info, Pg 10)

downzy

4 hours ago, nevergotochurch said:

anyone buy any merch? really curious to know how much they're selling tour t-shirts for...

I got a shirt and 2 lithographs (one for my friend). Shirts are 40 bucks.

I love how each shpw gets a special numbered litho this tour. I'm getting one at each show I do

• Like 1

13522903_10153758524390488_1292549486761

It may have not been a hug but the picture speaks for itself.  I certainly wouldn't lean on another guy unless he was a friend and we were getting along.  It should at the very least, squash any of the pre-tour rumors saying that they weren't on the best terms.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

"Jeez", "shows, voice and general performances and everything we've gotten so far from these few shows feels like 10 Christmases in one" and "Just enjoy it!" they all sound like responses as if I had been complaning about the show, voice and performance or like I had not enjoyed it at all. So I think you did imply I was merely a complainer incapable of appreciating all the positives of the concert.

This line-up has been playing together since April, 2016 and this setlist (with slight variations) has been played exactly like this since April, 2016. So, technically, for me this isn't the first show of this "reunion" endeavor. It is not for me, hence, my expectations of some variations in the setlist. And if I had to consider it actually the first show, I would have also expected the "first show" to have a "surprise". Nothing wrong with it. Other people were/are expecting the appearance of Steven Adler or Izzy Stradlin.

I attended a show in 2011 and the setlist was incredibly well balanced, had lots of CD songs, most of the hits (for the casuals) and AC/DC covers (by then they were kinda new) so I don't see how it is unreasonable to expect a somewhat similar setlist now. I don't understand why any song request from the fans should be labeled as unreasonable. That's authoritarian.

Your "tailored setlist" hyperbole is just another of your tools to try to make someone look like a complainer and to scold people with a different opinion or different expectations than yours. Authoritarian times two.

I talk to a lot of fans and there's a big portion who were expecting a different setlist. No one ever said all current songs should be wiped out and replaced by deep cuts. I don't think even the die-hards like me want "It's So Easy" or "Jungle" or "SCOM" discarded forever. We want songs that are not that great or covers like LALD to be replaced by others that have not been played in a long time (and I only say replace because I assume the show can't last 4 hours) or added to the setlist (if somehow that was possible).

Your gentle criticism a.k.a. condescence is not needed around. You can have your opinion, you can enjoy your setlist as much as you want and I can have my different opinion too, expect things, suggest things and even demand them, as the recurring Guns N' Roses customer than I am :thumbsup:

Mexico City night 2 had the most variation in setlist...off the top of my head I think they played Yesterday's, Used to Love Her, Don't Cry, There Was a Time, Civil War...but other than that the set has been very tight. I'd love to see more songs brought in bc we all know that Illusions catalog has some gems 

6 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

It may have not been a hug but the picture speaks for itself.  I certainly wouldn't lean on another guy unless he was a friend and we were getting along.  It should at the very least, squash any of the pre-tour rumors saying that they weren't on the best terms.

I'm just saying you never know when there is $$$$.

But it looks like they are getting along and enjoying themselves on stage.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

i can't stop looking at this picture :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

We have Coma, DTJ, the hits, sp,e ChiDem, Estranged, some deep cuts each show... great set imo

The set is brilliant, I'd take TIL out and place Catcher in there, replace Seeker with Used to Love Her, if YCBM is still a struggle I'd take it out every other show in favor of Patience, maybe replace Better with Shacklers now and then. But I think they have a good set going, it could flow better though.

• Like 1

Just now, IncitingChaos said:

The set is brilliant, I'd take TIL out and place Catcher in there, replace Seeker with Used to Love Her, if YCBM is still a struggle I'd take it out every other show in favor of Patience, maybe replace Better with Shacklers now and then. But I think they have a good set going, it could flow better though.

YCBM is a song they all enjoy playing, from my understanding and a huge fan favorite.  No way they remove it from any setlist, imo.

The obvious black sheep in terms of songs is "The Seeker" and I'd be surprised if it doesn't go at some point.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Mexico City night 2 had the most variation in setlist...off the top of my head I think they played Yesterday's, Used to Love Her, Don't Cry, There Was a Time, Civil War...but other than that the set has been very tight. I'd love to see more songs brought in bc we all know that Illusions catalog has some gems 

Only 'Yesterdays', 'Don't Cry' and 'TWAT'.

And yes, I think a big portion of fans want more gems from UYI and others, maybe less people, want more stuff from CD :)

Just now, killuridols said:

Only 'Yesterdays', 'Don't Cry' and 'TWAT'.

And yes, I think a big portion of fans want more gems from UYI and others, maybe less people, want more stuff from CD :)

There are songs from both Illusions and CD that could improve or carry the setlist with more momentum than the current one. I've always thought a song like Shacklers does well in a setlist bc it's high energy. From Illusions they have so much to offer its almost not fair that they don't rotate more songs in. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

YCBM is a song they all enjoy playing, from my understanding and a huge fan favorite.  No way they remove it from any setlist, imo.

The obvious black sheep in terms of songs is "The Seeker" and I'd be surprised if it doesn't go at some point.  

I guess for me personally it drags bc Ive heard it so much. But I see why they wouldn't remove it, I just think it would be better if they did. 

Seeker I loved in 13 but with this lineup I hate it bc it takes a spot in what could be an even better set. Oh well it will go in due time. If it gets replaced by another cover I'm hoping for Shoot to Thrill 

11 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

There are songs from both Illusions and CD that could improve or carry the setlist with more momentum than the current one. I've always thought a song like Shacklers does well in a setlist bc it's high energy. From Illusions they have so much to offer its almost not fair that they don't rotate more songs in. 

I like Shacklers and can't wait to hear Slash's and Duff's takes on it...pretty sure they will shread on it.  I believe it was an alt. on the warm up gigs setlist so we should hear them do it at some point.  I don't think it should replace YCBM and it really doesn't have to replace anything....no one will complain if they do a 3 hour set with a few songs added....lol.

Edited by Kasanova King

12 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I love Shackler's, SOD, Madagascar, Prostitute, Sorry, etc. All of them are really good, IMO, and I would LOVE to hear how they sound with Slash and Duff on. From the UYI, 'Dead Horse' should definitely be back and have Axl playing the guitar as well! That'd be a great change, he hasn't played guitar in a show since 1993!

I agree there are lots of songs that could improve the setlist and make it very special. Hopefully, they will read these threads and please us fans, like when they listened the request for 'Coma' :)

10 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I love Shackler's, SOD, Madagascar, Prostitute, Sorry, etc. All of them are really good, IMO, and I would LOVE to hear how they sound with Slash and Duff on. From the UYI, 'Dead Horse' should definitely be back and have Axl playing the guitar as well! That'd be a great change, he hasn't played guitar in a show since 1993!

He played  guitar in Madagascar in Rio 2001 :)

6 minutes ago, Funky.Monkey said:

6 minutes ago, Funky.Monkey said:

OMG this made me literally laugh out loud:  Axl took to the piano at the front and center of the stage for “November Rain,” which many in the audience were screaming for all night, and then ripped through “Night Train,” bouncing on stage left in the same position as a goat preparing to mate.

A guy like Axl who loves to dance, looks much better dancing with a more fit look and without the hats and glasses. And without the late mustache.

And i hope he stays letting his hair grow, the hair movement when he dances is another plus in this great era.

7:15, so cool. The 'swing' is really back.

• Like 1