06/23/16 - Detroit - Ford Field (More Pre-Party Info, Pg 10)

downzy

Gotta give it to Frank he nailed Rocket Queen. The whole band did. Tempo, groove was perfect! :headbang:Much better than the previous clusterfuck!

Brownstone was still noticeably fast.

Hopefully Slash just forgot how to play the Nightrain outro and he won't be changing it up ever night:facepalm:

Edited by Top-Hatted One

1 minute ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Gotta give it to Frank he nailed Rocket Queen. The whole band did. Tempo, groove was perfect! :headbang:Much better than the previous clusterfuck!

Brownstone and don't cry still noticeably fast.

Hopefully Slash just forgot how to play the Nightrain outro and he won't be changing it up ever night:facepalm:

Slash broke a string during Nightrain, that's why the outro was so different. Can't fault him for that one. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

Don't care about the record, it's shitty to me. I can't consider this solo as great just because you say so?  

What you on about you pleb, I'm agreeing with you. That solo slash just played kicked ass. Think you have misunderstood my post.

8 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Read what I said.  I never said it would all be abandoned.  Of course there will be songs from that era... that will be redone with Slash and Duff, just like they are redoing every CD song they play now with Slash and Duff.  It certainly will not be called Chinese Democracy 2 or anything related to that name and I guarantee a good amount of the songs will be songs that they all collaborate on.

Look at the current setlist...it is obviusly heavily influenced by Slash and Duff....Axl even said the setlist is influenced by Slash and Duff.

Axl last night, in the middle of the show looked over at Slash and asked him. " What do you want to do next? . Axl has grown and matured.  It's very obvious he has moved on from CD...the fact that he seems pleased with Slash doing his own take on the CD songs is proof positive enough.  It's a shame Axlites and NuGuns fans have not.

If we are lucky enough to get a new album, it won't be Chinese Democracy 2.  

Still all speculation and the few things you mention that only very lightly support the idea that the next album wont be mostly vault material are very small next to everything from the last 14 years that says it will. 

I agree, it wont be called Chinese 2, that would be ridiculous. Nobody has ever suggested it would. It's just the thing that makes the most sense to call it because Axl thinks of the next record as being THE SECOND HALF OF CHINESE. To use your own type of language and sentiment, you need to get over the likelihood that the China Exchange interview suggests nothing has changed Axl's feeling in this regard, despite the setlists etc. 

You offer guarantees and state that a new album wont be the second half of Chinese. Are you Constanzo? Or maybe friends with Axl's girlfriend or something? Has Fernando told you something via PM that nobody else knows about?

I hope Finck and Bucket are all over a healthy portion of the next record and that songs from the last 15 years take up a good chunk of the set of the tour that supports it. 

23 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Slash broke a string during Nightrain, that's why the outro was so different. Can't fault him for that one. 

When I saw Slash in 2012 he busted a string right ahead of the SCOM solo, so what followed was a mostly improvised but pretty cool rendition of the solo. He's good at that sort of off the cuff stuff. I actually don't mind when stuff like that happens!

• Like 3

Honestly as amazing an experience to see these guys in their prime and being at their full potential would be I think these NITL tour shows might be more enjoyable for the audience. 

Obviously im not saying they are better but definitely could see these shows being more enjoyable than an UYI show

2 hours ago, KURT19 said:

Fuck all of these pages of comments.

I'm STILL trapped in @RussTCB's basement.  For the love of GOD, somebody get me outta here...

Wait, what's that noise...hello? HELLO?!

@Powerage5's Mom, Is that you?  

Somebody? Who's there?  Axl?  

Pittman?!

Shit, they cloverfield'd your ass!  :lol:

• Like 3