06/23/16 - Detroit - Ford Field (More Pre-Party Info, Pg 10)

downzy

7 minutes ago, tajandreas said:

Axl isn't "struggling" on the end of Coma. If you listen to the album version it's the same way. It's an endless stream of words;unless you're Eminem you're not going to do that part perfectly every time. I feel like alot of you are grasping at straws though. Imagine if social media was around during the UYI tour. Axl would get flack every night for not singing to people's "standards" of the album versions. The fact that he's 54 years old and still giving his effort to us fans night after night is enough for me. 

The album version is not the same way. He did struggle on the outro. It was rough, and when he was sitting on the Grohl throne that part sounded better imo.

It's not grasping at straws, it's obvious it was tough for him but if Coma stays on the set list I think he'll have much better performances, this was one of the weaker ones.

Edited by Rovim

18 minutes ago, tajandreas said:

Axl isn't "struggling" on the end of Coma. If you listen to the album version it's the same way. It's an endless stream of words;unless you're Eminem you're not going to do that part perfectly every time. I feel like alot of you are grasping at straws though. Imagine if social media was around during the UYI tour. Axl would get flack every night for not singing to people's "standards" of the album versions. The fact that he's 54 years old and still giving his effort to us fans night after night is enough for me. 

11 minutes ago, Rovim said:

The album version is not the same way. He did struggle on the outro. It was rough, and when he was sitting on the Grohl throne that part sounded better imo.

It's not grasping at straws, it's obvious it was tough for him but if Coma stays on the set list I think he'll have much better performances, this was one of the weaker ones.

2 hours ago, SWINGTRADER said:

My analysis of the show:

1. The band put on a good show. They delivered on stage presence. 

2. The music sounded very good. Frank still sucks.

3. Axl delivered on swagger and it was nice seeing him move around again. Unfortunately, he didn't deliver vocally for the entire show. He was good in Jungle. 

I don't know what Axl's deal is.We will probably never know, but Axl is intentionally not singing to his full potential with GNR. I am bummed by this because I always felt that Slash would be the person to motivate him to sing 100%. Unfortunately it wasn't , and Axl still doesn't give a fuck. Some of these GNR songs are easy to sing with rasp and he is not doing it. These shows would be 10/10 if he sounded the way he does with ACDC. I had hopes that things were going to be different after listening to the ACDC. 

I will still enjoy the shows because even though we will never hear the Axl of old ever again,( not even from 2010)it is still him with Slash on stage, and that is pretty badass.

Axl giving his 100% its the stlye of music its just easier for him to sing acdc do you really think he would think fuck it ill just sing at 50% in front of 40,000 people! Your never gonna get 1993 Axl its fucken 2016 

Edited by Gibbo 27
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, tajandreas said:

Axl isn't "struggling" on the end of Coma. If you listen to the album version it's the same way. It's an endless stream of words;unless you're Eminem you're not going to do that part perfectly every time.

Repped for the highly relevant reference to Detroit's very own, Eminem! ;-D

• Like 2

Just now, Wagszilla said:

It's hard to accurately discuss Axl's voice without soundboards or a decent mix but...

I would say that his voice has improved since 2014 due to his (presumed) increased amount of preparation. When that foot gets back to 100%, you'd think/hope he does some more cardio for lung capacity although I've heard that losing weight fucks with some people's thyroid and that could potentially mess with his vocal chords. I really don't have a medically informed clue there but I'm speculating. 

I do think there's probably a gulf in enthusiasm between AC/DC material and Guns material. I don't think Axl is being lazy or anything like that and some fans are jumping into tin foil hat territory, I just think that after 25 years of singing the same shit, you're never going to be as enthusiastic as you once were and it's unreasonable to expect 1987 Axl to pop up.  

Last night, I saw a marked difference in energy when they hit "The Seeker". Axl was fired up. Combine that with comments he made at the Chinese Exchange about preferring to play the Chinese material and I think my theory is solid. I'm personally in Axl's camp, I want to hear new stuff. I love the hits, they're classics, but I love hearing new stuff from my favorite artists.

That said, I think he sounds pretty good. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SWINGTRADER said:

I don't know what Axl's deal is.We will probably never know, but Axl is intentionally not singing to his full potential with GNR. I am bummed by this because I always felt that Slash would be the person to motivate him to sing 100%. Unfortunately it wasn't , and Axl still doesn't give a fuck. Some of these GNR songs are easy to sing with rasp and he is not doing it. These shows would be 10/10 if he sounded the way he does with ACDC. I had hopes that things were going to be different after listening to the ACDC. 

I disagree, I think that GN'R songs have a much different vocal range than most ACDC songs. Songs like TIL and Coma are much different from BIB and HTH. Axl has lost his middle range, and can only hit the highs and lows. There is no middle voice which is why we get mickey mouse on Sweet Child and Rocket Queen, the voice he used on appetite 30 years ago simply does not exist anymore in him.

5 hours ago, SWINGTRADER said:

My analysis of the show:

1. The band put on a good show. They delivered on stage presence. 

2. The music sounded very good. Frank still sucks.

3. Axl delivered on swagger and it was nice seeing him move around again. Unfortunately, he didn't deliver vocally for the entire show. He was good in Jungle. 

I will still enjoy the shows because even though we will never hear the Axl of old ever again,( not even from 2010)it is still him with Slash on stage, and that is pretty badass.

I absolutely agree with you. That's exactly how I feel about Axl and Guns. He is not motivated enough to sing like he is singing in AC/DC and I thought he would be.

10 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

For those of us that were ACTUALLY at the show, we all say the same things. It was a fucking amazing concert. Was Axl (album) quality perfect? No. Was he still fucking great? Yes. Did he give it all he had? Yes. Is he somehow "trying" harder in AC/DC? No. He did not hold anything back, not from what I could see. I wasn't as close as ZOSO, but I was still pretty damn close. He was in a great, yes GREAT mood all night, cracking jokes, smiling, just plain having a good time. Did I notice 2 or 3 times where I thought "those vocals weren't amazing?" sure, but that was only a couple of tumes, most of the time I was blown away by how he sounded. He sounded really, really fucking good everybody. 

I had family at this show (aunt and uncle). I had some friends also at this show (not counting my peeps from the forum). And seriously EVERYBODY is saying the same thing "best concert ever." My aunt and uncle in particular are by NO means Axl loyalists. They would say he sucked if they thought he sucked. But they keep posting pics and sending me texts about how awesome the show was. It had THAT kind of effect on everybody that went. We all walked away feeling like we just witnessed magic. The likes of which NO other band on the planet can match.

Not much to add other than this:

PREACH.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

For those of us that were ACTUALLY at the show, we all day the same things. It was a fucking amazing concert. Was Axl (album) quality perfect? No. Was he still fucking great? Yes. Did he give it all he had? Yes. Is he somehow "trying" harder in AC/DC? No. He did not hold anything back, not from what I could see. I wasn't as close as ZOSO, but I was still pretty damn close. He was in a great, yes GREAT mood all night, cracking jokes, smiling, just plain having a good time. Did I notice 2 or 3 times where I thought "those vocals weren't amazing?" sure, but that was only a couple of tumes, most of the time I was blown away by how he sounded. He sounded really, really fucking good everybody. 

I had family at this show (aunt and uncle). I had some friends also at this show (not counting my peeps from the forum). And seriously EVERYBODY is saying the same thing "best concert ever." My aunt and uncle in particular are by NO means Axl loyalists. They would say he sucked if they thought he sucked. But they keep posting pics and sending me texts about how awesome the show was. It has THAT kind of affect on everybody that went. We all walked away feeling like we just witnessed magic. The likes of which NO other band on the planet can match.

So was it good mate :lol: Stop rubbing it in:shrugs::thumbsup:

15 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

LOL @ fans that think every G N' R song should be sung with AC/DC type rasp.  Clueless.

You really think Axl was singing at AC/DC with some "different kind of rasp"? Was he singing like Brian? No, he was singing like Axl fuckin Rose.

I was at Rock in Rio in 2011 and it was a terrible show vocally speaking. Did I not had a good time? Of course I did, it was the first time in 18 fuckin years they played Estranged.

But I can not lie, it was NOT a good show. I enjoyed because i'm a fan.

Obviously, its not the same case here, Axl sounds MUCH better, but I know he sounded even better in AC/DC and I truly think its some kind of motivation problem. I can't pretend I don't see it just because i'm a fan and they are together again.

Edited by tbignoto

12 minutes ago, Gibbo 27 said:

If they come to Australia ill stream all the shows 

There is a rumor of them playing there in Jan. Im saving up for them whenever they perform first well except for South America, the air tickets are working out pretty expensive.

Where in Australia you will see them?

Just now, Slash787 said:

There is a rumor of them playing there in Jan. Im saving up for them whenever they perform first well except for South America, the air tickets are working out pretty expensive.

Where in Australia you will see them?

All shows so were every they go :D Ill be there. I want be using that periscope with its shity quailty 

1 minute ago, Gibbo 27 said:

All shows so were every they go :D Ill be there. I want be using that periscope with its shity quailty 

That's cool man, I will be aiming for Sydney if things work out for me.

You prefer to be in GA or you be in the back or the sides?