06/23/16 - Detroit - Ford Field (More Pre-Party Info, Pg 10)

downzy

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

I like how everybody's an elite pro level vocalist coach expert now. Seriously, how many of you sing?

Is it an arrogance thing or just people having an avenue to spout out their online expertise now thanks to the Internet?

I was just reading some comments about the NBA draft. Dudes that work at Taco Bell complaining that their team drafted a bum with the 25th pick and how they should have drafted some kid from Idaho State instead. They could have traded their 25th pick for the 30th pick and a 2nd rounder next year and gotten a way better player."

Meanwhile, their team has a staff that spent a 1,000 hours studying and watching these prospects play.  Had them come to their stadium for  private workouts. But some guy who works at McDonalds and spends three hours a week watching ESPN knows more and has more information than his team's staff does. 

It's pretty funny to read. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Another improved performance. The previous ones didn't do it for me. I'd much rather hear Fortus solo on this than Rocket Queen and KOHD.

Fortus KOHD noodling for 5 minutes (sometimes more) is a bit much, I admit. But it seems like it's like his chance to show off, like a solo spot. Rocket Queen was much better when it was leaner imo. Slash's outro sounds great though.

Edited by Rovim

Axl isn't blind to the fact that he is currently headlining 60,000 seat stadiums @ $300+ a ticket, in the U.S. (hardest country in the world to sell out stadiums for concerts)....when just 2 years ago he was playing residencies in Las Vegas.  He knows the importance of Slash and Duff.

He has definitely been humbled. If they left again he would be right back to small shows and no one caring.

That he has seemingly finally processed that after 20+ years is a good thing for all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoBucky said:

They had a ton of Detroit shirts in the club level after the show

:facepalm:

Is Club level the upper level?  I literally walked the entire circumference (ground level) of the stadium!  I was looking for style #14 from the pic posted on the previous page of the merch stand.

I'm actually hoping to see some Detroit shirts get posted on the website for sale.

Edited by Easy

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Fortus KOHD noodling for 5 minutes (sometimes more) is a bit much, I admit. But it seems like it's like his chance to show off, like a solo spot. Rocket Queen was much better when it was leaner imo. Slash's outro sounds great though.

Yeah, Axl and Slash knocked the Outro Out of the park last night...

Some of my Slash solos/jams were when he got to go off KOHD for however long he needed to get it out though.. I haven't watched last nights yet but so far haven't been into this bands version.

27 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I think everything is going fine. It's cool, but we're not saying the same thing at all. I'm looking at what Axl has said recently and I'm factoring that as well. No point in just saying "it's cool now so let's not talk about what is happening and what Axl has said about it".

He didn't talk about it as much or at least didn't touch on some things he did recently. That's a part of the story. Doesn't mean I look at it in a negative way. It just so happens that I'm very happy about what's happening with Guns at the moment, but Axl did not really changed his course imo. He's still steering this ship in a similar direction.

I think he wants to incorporate Slash and Duff and probably will, but his musical vision won't die if Slash and Duff suddenly quit. This shit being ignored by some fans just cause they're back.

You are taking ONE quote about Axl talking about how he didn't want to release an autobiography because he didn't want it to cause tension with the band and spinning it into Axl saying Slash and Duff lied.  LMAO.  That's not what he said and you are taking it completely out of context, the same way the media took 90% of the things that were said out of context, leading to a lot of the previous tensions within the band.   This is probably the exact reason they didn't want to do interviews....because people like yourself spin crap to fit your agenda and end up causing bs rumors to be spread. 

Now let's look at what Axl really said during the interview before you mislead anymore people.

I hope to keep this going for a quite a while. … Right now, it’s all good. I mean, obviously that could just explode. I do want to put out more music with Guns N’ Roses, and I don’t know if that has to do with Slash or not. … If he wants to play on something, that would be great. I’ve been working to get kind of where things are. The Guns N’ Roses reunion didn’t happen by chance or whatever. It was always looked at as a possibility, but it never seemed right or felt right.”

“I’m a big fan of our previous lineup, before getting back with Slash and Duff. We did a lot of work with that. For him (Slash)to take on Buckethead or Bumblefoot’s parts, and just step to it on his own, and work on it and like it and enjoy it, that helped a lot.”

“Right now, I like performing the Chinese Democracy stuff most, but it was also really good to be doing the song ‘Coma.’ I knew it would make Slash happy, I knew it would make the fans happy, and since I was sitting in the chair, I knew I wouldn’t have to run around so much.”

“I think so, possibly yes. But it’s tough because I haven’t figured out a way to word things that doesn’t just look like I’m being negative to everybody else, or calling them a liar. Slash and I hadn’t talked in 19 years, and when we did talk, I was like, ‘You know, you wrote about a lot of stuff that didn’t happen, that just … is not real.'”

How you spin any of that into saying that there is still a lot of tension with the band and Axl called them liars, is beyond me. 

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

You are taking ONE quote about Axl talking about how he didn't want to release an autobiography because he didn't want it to cause tension with the band and spinning it into Axl saying Slash and Duff lied.  LMAO.  That's not what he said and you are taking it completely out of context, the same way the media took 90% of the things that were said out of context, leading to a lot of the previous tensions within the band.   This is probably the exact reason they didn't want to do interviews....because people like yourself spin crap to fit your agenda and end up causing bs rumors to be spread. 

Now let's look at what Axl really said during the interview before you mislead anymore people.

“I hope to keep this going for a quite a while. … Right now, it’s all good. I mean, obviously that could just explode. I do want to put out more music with Guns N’ Roses, and I don’t know if that has to do with Slash or not. … If he wants to play on something, that would be great. I’ve been working to get kind of where things are. The Guns N’ Roses reunion didn’t happen by chance or whatever. It was always looked at as a possibility, but it never seemed right or felt right.”

Read More: 20 Things We Learned During Axl Rose's New Q&A Session | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/axl-rose-quotes-2016/?trackback=tsmclip

I hope to keep this going for a quite a while. … Right now, it’s all good. I mean, obviously that could just explode. I do want to put out more music with Guns N’ Roses, and I don’t know if that has to do with Slash or not. … If he wants to play on something, that would be great. I’ve been working to get kind of where things are. The Guns N’ Roses reunion didn’t happen by chance or whatever. It was always looked at as a possibility, but it never seemed right or felt right.”

“I’m a big fan of our previous lineup, before getting back with Slash and Duff. We did a lot of work with that. For him (Slash)to take on Buckethead or Bumblefoot’s parts, and just step to it on his own, and work on it and like it and enjoy it, that helped a lot.”

“Right now, I like performing the Chinese Democracy stuff most, but it was also really good to be doing the song ‘Coma.’ I knew it would make Slash happy, I knew it would make the fans happy, and since I was sitting in the chair, I knew I wouldn’t have to run around so much.”

“I think so, possibly yes. But it’s tough because I haven’t figured out a way to word things that doesn’t just look like I’m being negative to everybody else, or calling them a liar. Slash and I hadn’t talked in 19 years, and when we did talk, I was like, ‘You know, you wrote about a lot of stuff that didn’t happen, that just … is not real.'”

How you spin any of that into saying that there is still a lot of tension with the band and Axl called them liars, is beyond me. 

I'm not "spinning" anything. Axl straight up said what Slash "wrote" in his book, "a lot of stuff" never happened! not true...lies. And Axl chose to talk about it, to answer that question. So while he doesn't want to upset Slash and Duff, it seems he's still interested in telling his version of what happened. That's all it is really.

6 minutes ago, Easy said:

:facepalm:

Is Club level the upper level?  I literally walked the entire circumference of the stadium!  I was looking for style #14 from the pic posted on the previous page of the merch stand.

I'm actually hoping to see some Detroit shirts get posted on the website for sale.

http://gunsnroses.shop.bravadousa.com/product/BGCTGR103/skyline-bullet-tee-detroit?cp=1158_82060&src=MSGR162102&utm_source=mtemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mtemail_162102

Did you see this? 

12 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Some of my Slash solos/jams were when he got to go off KOHD for however long he needed to get it out though.. I haven't watched last nights yet but so far haven't been into this bands version.

Just watched last nights. Improved a bit on that one too. I have enjoyed watching songs from this show way more than the April shows.. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Me too, I thought YCBM was good from last night, I haven't been able to watch any of YouTube vids of YCBM for a very long time. 

Gonna check that out now.. I saw it on periscope but it was bad quality.

14 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Me too, I thought YCBM was good from last night, I haven't been able to watch any of YouTube vids of YCBM for a very long time. 

Just watched it.. They stepped it up on that one too.. Haven't been able to watch that one at all either..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

13522903_10153758524390488_1292549486761

It may have not been a hug but the picture speaks for itself.  I certainly wouldn't lean on another guy unless he was a friend and we were getting along.  It should at the very least, squash any of the pre-tour rumors saying that they weren't on the best terms.

What song was this being played when the picture was taken?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

Based on the fact Slash and Duff were dying to get back to Guns and after everything they've said about what a tyrant Axl is, after enjoying their freedom, they came crawling back. (harsh, but true)

It's Axl's thing cause Slash and Duff are playing Chinese tunes, Paul Huge tunes, and willing to play with 2 keyboard players. There are many more examples.

You think the next Guns album is gonna be all analog with cock rock riffs? and Axl still owns the name and Slash and Duff are suddenly cool with it. lol. Oh how quickly we forget. All the shit about signing over the name. All the crying and yet they're baack! I guess being in a band with Axl the dictator is better than enjoying their freedom in exile.

You are saying based on the fact  that... then stating your opinion.  I can't possibly be the only person seeing this.  You are literally referring to your perception as facts.  "Due to the fact that I don't think Slash wants to play CD songs."  "Due to the fact that I feel the reconciliation was sudden" This is just kind of weird at this point.  FYI, taking 20 years to bury the hatchet is not "suddenly cool with it"  I think that is the most fact based statement in our entire exchange.  Taking 1/3 of their lives and the vast majority of their professional careers to mend fences is in no way "sudden."

I'm going to drop it because I agree with the sentiment that this is a topic for (yet) another conspiracy type (separate) thread.  It does not belong in the Detroit show thread.  Just make another thread instead of hijacking this one to work out your confusion between your perceptions and facts.

Is there going to be a thread with just links to videos?  That's what I was looking for when I stopped by this thread and got sucked into this vortex.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

You are saying based on the fact  that... then stating your opinion.  I can't possibly be the only person seeing this.  You are literally referring to your perception as facts.  "Due to the fact that I don't think Slash wants to play CD songs."  "Due to the fact that I feel the reconciliation was sudden" This is just kind of weird at this point.  FYI, taking 20 years to bury the hatchet is not "suddenly cool with it"  I think that is the most fact based statement in our entire exchange.  Taking 1/3 of their lives and the vast majority of their professional careers to mend fences is in no way "sudden."

I'm going to drop it because I agree with the sentiment that this is a topic for (yet) another conspiracy type (separate) thread.  It does not belong in the Detroit show thread.  Just make another thread instead of hijacking this one to work out your confusion between your perceptions and facts.

Is there going to be a thread with just links to videos?  That's what I was looking for when I stopped by this thread and got sucked into this vortex.

I wasn't the one who started this you know. And not the one who continued this discussion alone. Chill man. Those 20 years were not exactly silent years were they? a lot of shit has been said. A lot went down. Go back and read my posts. I said "it seems like" whenever I started talking about shit that's not a fact. It is my interpretation of the information we have. Slash's book, what Axl said about it and other shit, etc.

I didn't hijack jack shit, stop overreacting. No conspiracy theories from me, I try to be as objective as I can. There are mods here and they can do whatever the fuck they want and you can put me on ignore instead of getting your panties in a twist. It's all just my opinions, I hope that will satisfy you.

Edited by Rovim

I thought the show was amazing!  What a strange direction this thread has taken....

You can use your illusion -
Let it take you where it may
We live and learn
And then sometimes it's best to walk away
Me I'm just here hangin' on
It's my only place to stay at least
For now anyway
I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away

• Like 1