07/09/16 - Nashville, TN - Nissan Stadium

downzy

Just now, ironmt said:

No doubt about It. There was no responsibilities. It was all about skipping school, drinking and Guns N Roses. What a time. Amazing how quick life passes us by. 

True very true, and yes insane how times fly, we sure aint getting any younger.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lassie said:

True very true, and yes insane how times fly, we sure aint getting any younger.

Very true, one thing Is certain and that Is the love of this band. If you were a teenager(as we were) when they were In there prime It almost became your life and In your blood. Guns N Roses ruled the world. I really feel bad for younger fans who didn't get to experience that and have to try and relive the band through youtube because youtube just doesn't do It justice.

• Like 1

They should restructure the Setlist so Adler can play all the appetite song. Switch CD and Jungle. Have Steven open with 3, then they play a lot of UYI stuff, then back to Appetite. Then Steven plays the last handful of songs (nightrain, KOHD, PC)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slash787 said:

What did you even do that you were banned?

I made fun of Fede and Mexicans. All in good fun but enough to permaban me from the chatroom. Its been long enough

Edited by Pegasus
spelling

8 minutes ago, Ulnar said:

The thought occurs that maybe this sort of thing is a pro-active way of moving the band forward.

In rejoining, I don't imagine Slash & Duff would expect to be working on any new material straight away, maybe at all. 
On some level, they know they're signing on for a 'Greatest Hits' / Nostalgia / Reunion tour here. And we all know they've both got pretty strong work ethics, so they're going to want to work on stuff as well as 'playing the hits'.

We've all seen the "1 record in 20 years vs VR/Loaded/Snakepit/Conspirators etc" arguments that fill up these boards.

So what do you do about that?
Well, you can go towards older, deeper cuts (like Coma) that will please the fans and make things interesting for you as a musician, and being willing to work on Chinese Democracy material, that'll please Axl. And - here's the key detail - by showing him that willingness to work on material they weren't involved in, they're gently pushing Axl forwards.

I know that sounds like backwards logic, but you can read all over this board about how the previous incarnation of Guns, in the run up to Bumble's departure, was playing the 'same old' set list over & over & over again.

Well, look what we've got here. They've still sort of got to play the hits, but when was the last time Coma was played before this year? How often did Sorry get an airing on the Chinese Democracy tours?
The songs might be old now, but this is 'new' Guns material for our returnees. By including this material they're not just out there 'playing the hits' - they've got something else to get stuck into & work on, by agreeing to work on these songs.

My point is, all this hard work - from all of them - on adding 'new' stuff to the setlists shows a hint of a possible work ethic creeping in... I expect we'll see more 'new' stuff creep in to the sets sooner or later. By which I mean Illusions stuff we've not heard live for years, or maybe even some more Chinese Democracy material. And who knows? Maybe this sort of work ethic will rub off on a singer that's already looking more energised than he has in years....

just a little side note! Frank and Richard haven't played on the studio version of "Sorry" either.