07/29/16 - Orlando, FL - Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium

downzy

10 minutes ago, NicDwolfwood said:

He's over 2 years sober at this point. You really dont have to be an asshole. People pointing out that Frank has tempo issues isnt being mean spirited.

You on the other hand, constantly shitting on Steven Adler is in poor taste and annoying. everyone on here knows his history already. You dont have to keep using that as you excuse to be an asshole. straight up. It doesn't change the fact that he still kills it on drums after being a hardcore addict for 25 years and having an 8 ball induced stroke.

The homes is right, no one brought up Adler until you did.

He's been "2 years sober" for 20 years, hasn't he? I'm not saying he's not, because his last documented relapse was in 2013 (the last time someone in the GNR camp relied on him), but his sobriety is fleeting enough that you probably don't want your comeback, stadium tour relying on him, no? I mean, that's the thing people kind of ignore - we're all jazzed about this GNR reunion, no? Well would you be okay with it blowing up because Alder was Adler?

Just now, bigpoop said:

You don't know that to be true. It could very well be that Axl insisted on keeping some of his guys.

Well according to Adler himself, he was invited to open for Duff's Loaded, went off on a bender, and Duff was annoyed with him because of it. So it stands to reason nobody trusts him to be the full-time drummer on a huge, very important tour. 

8 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Recapping Adler's storied history of addiction and erratic behavior is "sarcasm"?  He wasn't considered because he can't be trusted to be the full-time drummer of a tour of this magnitude. That's not "putting him down", that's just reality. 

You're unbelievable! The thing is NO ONE WAS COMPLAINING AT THE BAND FOR NOT CONSIDERING HIM.

Someone complained about Frank's tempo and this was your answer:

2 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Maybe he's on drugs? In which case 20 years from now everyone will love him.

A stupid and sarcastic comment putting Steven down when he had nothing to do with the other poster's comment.

Also, if you're gonna do a recap and tell reality as it is, it's really strange how you always forget to mention that Steven's been clean for a few years now.

Now stop coming up with the stupid excuse of jeopardizing the tour with Steven because no one asked for him to be brought back full-time.

10 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Michael has mixed Slash last couple of albums 

Capture_zpsgsqpdpnw.jpg

And he did a hell of a job!! I hope Elvis will be producing a GNR album SOON :heart:

3 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

You're unbelievable! The thing is NO ONE WAS COMPLAINING AT THE BAND FOR NOT CONSIDERING HIM.

Someone complained about Frank's tempo and this was your answer:

A stupid and sarcastic comment putting Steven down when he had nothing to do with the other poster's comment.

Also, if you're gonna do a recap and tell reality as it is, it's really strange how you always forget to mention that Steven's been clean for a few years now.

Now stop coming up with the stupid excuse of jeopardizing the tour with Steven because no one asked for him to be brought back full-time.

And he did a hell of a job!! I hope Elvis will be producing a GNR album SOON :heart:

Well "a few years" out of "26" is good, right? How's this - when last he was "sober", he was offered to tour with Duff's band, in 2013....and he went off on a bender. So, if he can't be trusted to be the opening band for Duff's solo band's tour of Japan......how much do you want a GNR reunion tour relying on him? 

9 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Well "a few years" out of "26" is good, right? How's this - when last he was "sober", he was offered to tour with Duff's band, in 2013....and he went off on a bender. So, if he can't be trusted to be the opening band for Duff's solo band's tour of Japan......how much do you want a GNR reunion tour relying on him? 

A four-months-old baby could easily understand this so I'll give it one last shot in hope that you will finally get it.

No one said anything about a tour relying on Steven, someone said that Frank has tempo issues which has nothing to do with whether Steven is sober and reliable or not, so all that thing you're saying makes no sense 'cause it has nothing to do with anything.

Just now, BorderlineCrazy said:

A four-months-old baby could easily understand this so I'll give it one last shot in hope that you will finally get it.

No one said anything about a tour relying on Steven, someone said that Frank has tempo issues which has nothing to do with whether Steven is sober and reliable or not, so all that thing you're saying makes no sense 'cause it has nothing to do with anything.

Well 9 times out of 10 that I hear a Frank complaints it's either because he's not Adler (who's should rightfully be the drummer) or because he can't play certain songs like Alder (sense of swing!!).....but again, if people want to point out why Adler should be the drummer over Frank I should able to retort. I said nothing inaccurate. 

• Like 1

Quick thoughts on being there tonight...

Band was amazing considering how hot and humid it was.

Better and This I Love sound awesome live.

The crowd hardly even clapped when Better was over.  Seriously?!?! What's up?

Slash appears to love playing Coma.

Frank screwed up the end of one of the early songs.  WTTJ?  I could not understand the random drumming I was hearing.

Paradise City does seemed rushed.  Guess that's the 2016 version. 

Camping World stadium is in a real crappy part of town.

If you've seen the Gunners already this year, lucky you.  If you havent...definitely find a way to go to a show. 

Edited by MarkIt8Dude

10 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Well 9 times out of 10 that I hear a Frank complaints it's either because he's not Adler (who's should rightfully be the drummer) or because he can't play certain songs like Alder (sense of swing!!).....but again, if people want to point out why Adler should be the drummer over Frank I should able to retort. I said nothing inaccurate. 

1. That 9 out of 10 thing is a lie, most times people complain at Frank is because of the way he plays and actually there are fans who would like Matt Sorum to be the drummer, neither Frank or Steven, yet you've never said anything against him.
  2. Yes, you said several times that Steven IS a junkie, that IS inaccurate. Also, who cares about what happened THREE YEARS AGO in that Loaded tour? You brought that up a million times. Slash was doing drugs back in the VR days and that doesn't make him less reliable than Duff.
  3. IF it was the case and someone was pointing out why they think Steven should be the drummer (which was clearly not the case here and made no difference to you), how many times can you retort the same thing? If a hundred people claim at different times that they want Steven as the drummer, would you come up the hundred times with this speech about why it shouldn't happen? Aside of the fact that that's absolutely stupid and senseless, I got news for you, WE ALL KNOW STEVEN'S STORY. Those who want Steven back, want him despite all the things he went through.

Ok, enough of this shit, I'm done.

7 minutes ago, MarkIt8Dude said:

Quick thoughts on being there tonight...

Band was amazing considering how hot and humid it was.

Better and This I Love are sound awesome live.

The crowd hardly even clapped when Better was over.  Seriously?!?! What's up?

Slash appears to love playing Coma.

Frank screwed up the end of one of the early songs.  WTTJ?  I could not understand the random drumming I was hearing.

Paradise City does seemed rushed.  Guess that's the 2016 version. 

Camping World stadium is in a real crappy part of town.

If you've seen the Gunners already this year, lucky you.  If you havent...definitely find a way to go to a show. 

You were lucky enough to catch one of the best solos (if not the best) Slash has done for This I Love, it was killer.

And yeah, Slash loves Coma and it shows, it's awesome to see him playing it!

49 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

He's been "2 years sober" for 20 years, hasn't he? I'm not saying he's not, because his last documented relapse was in 2013 (the last time someone in the GNR camp relied on him), but his sobriety is fleeting enough that you probably don't want your comeback, stadium tour relying on him, no? I mean, that's the thing people kind of ignore - we're all jazzed about this GNR reunion, no? Well would you be okay with it blowing up because Alder was Adler?

No. The guy didnt seriously consider sobriety until he started doing celebrity rehab and all of that stuff with Dr. Drew. He's fallen off the wagon plenty since 09 sure, but first he got off the crack. then he got off the dope, and then he got off the alcohol. The bender that you mentioned did occur during the Asia leg of the Loaded's tour, but Adler went into rehab again after that. and has been clean since. 

What I dont get, along with the few others that have repeatedly told you the same thing is why do you feel the need to jump on Steven Adler at every opportunity? Especially to put him down over something as serious as drug addiction? Yes, he's the last of the bunch to get clean, but that doesnt make him any less than Slash and Duff who relapsed and got sober again after the Contraband tour for VR. Sobriety is a fickle thing, Its not cool to shame someone for it. 

No one is saying he should be relied on. Hell, No one brought him up tonight when talking about the drumming,  YOU DID. But You choose to shit on him again for his addictions. Most of us Know why Frank is there. doesnt mean we cant call him out if His drumming isnt up to par. We Know he isnt going anywhere, as long as he stays in line and doesnt say anything stupid.

2 hours ago, gnr>everything said:

They updated it so it says the full words now. See my attached video. But the clip they use is at an inconsistent tempo, so it makes it hard for the fans to get it right. I don't know why they don't have it at a consistent speed. Maybe they try to have it start slow and then speed up, but they're not going to get 50,000+ people do be able to do that right.

IMG_1151.m4v

Edit: the attached video doesn't seem to work, but take my word for it, they replaced the G N R with Guns N' Roses.

Correct it was changed to Guns N Roses - then it went from different speeds to one - I guess people can't chant in time or are a little too shy these days :-)

At 54 the faster tempo presents a problem for Axl. The faster he sings the higher his voice gets and on a song like PC it's a killer on him and brings out that clean/Mickey voice. 

Tonights performance is an example of that. To keep up with the tempo Axl couldn't sing with as much power, but go back to Atlanta performance and the tempo was slightly better and so was Axl's voice. 

Not blaming Frank completely. I know Slash likes to play PC fast but it would help the sound if Axl was able to slow down his vocals. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, gnrspanish said:

Audience are so boring

They'll be so much better in South America and probably better in Europe, too. If they're playing this fucking good now just imagine the energy with a stadium full of Brazilians going crazy :)

Any update on the whole 'Axl was in a bad mood' thing? Was he cool with Slash? Were they goofing about like usual?

Can't wait to hear Coma: "what the fuck is going on goddamit?!"...... "Son of a bitch! Whoo!"