08/05/16 - Houston, TX - NRG Stadium

downzy

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

Nope, it wasn't Axl's piano.  He doesn't play higher scale stuff during the verses.  It was Dizzy's piano.

don't think it is. Does he even play a real piano? Anyway he plays all thru KOHD and there's no bad notes. 

Edited by moreblack

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

Nope, it wasn't Axl's piano.  He doesn't play higher scale stuff during the verses.  It was Dizzy's piano.

I heard it in the beggining of the outro as well - where only Axl and Frank were playing. Explain that?

4 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Really don't think it is. Does he even play a real piano?

If you listen to some of the IEM from Vegas shows on youtube dizzy's piano is pretty much the most prominent instrument lol (like 3:50)

Edited by KiernanProud
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, marlingrl03 said:

If it was Dizzy's piano I dont hear it at all anymore...I still think it was Axl's.

Nope.  I've played piano for over 25 years and have played November Rain so many times that I could probably play it backwards.  Axl doesn't play higher scale stuff during the verses.

The only possibility of it being Axl's is if playing a lower-scale note triggered a higher scale note, but I've never seen or heard that ever happening since keys are not interconnected.

1 minute ago, downzy said:

The only possibility of it being Axl's is if playing a lower-scale note triggered a higher scale note, but I've never seen or heard that ever happening since keys are not interconnected.

You think someone might've left a tool inside the piano when they were working on it?

I don't know If this was the case because i didn't hear it but when Adele played the VMAs the piano mic inside the piano fell and kept picking up the noise of the hammer hitting the strings on the inside 

Edited by KiernanProud

1 minute ago, moreblack said:

You think someone might've left a tool inside the piano when they were working on it?

I guess it's possible but again, unlikely.  

Axl mostly stays in C4 to B4 octave for November Rain (save for the outro after the little piano drum intro where he scales up).  Those weird notes sounded like the were in the C6 to B6 octave (or higher).  

I thought it was Axl's piano.  I think he looked back asking WTF because he thought Dizzy or Melissa was causing the noise.  Then they told him the Piano was broke and he asked for suggestions...  Mature older Axl rolled with it and kept going.. Young Axl would have pushed the piano off the stage and left... :-)

6 minutes ago, Jeez said:

I heard it in the beggining of the outro as well - where only Axl and Frank were playing. Explain that?

Dizzy or someone must have been tinkering.  Again, Axl isn't playing notes on the piano anywhere close to those weird higher notes.  He stays in the C4 octave.