08/05/16 - Houston, TX - NRG Stadium

downzy

Missed the streaming and came in to read about NR.

God I LOVE The Piano Incident :P. Seems like the highlight of the show to me and I was laughing hard watching it. Wish there's a close up of Axl's face when he said "WTF is that?"....I really want to see his expression. 

So funny..

1 minute ago, slitherz said:

you need to go to doctor and soon as possible

In the closer video post by Mr. Softie, no piano can be heard at all after Dizzy's breaks. Can you hear it in one of the other videos?

Edited by Stro

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Looks like people will have a 200 post analyse over what was merely a minor sound flaw! Far more worrying is Axl's voice - it is ropey as hell on that 'November Rain'.

Axl has sounded ropey as hell on Nov Rain since 2011. That was a fairly decent rendition compared to some of the shockers he's done. One of the worst is forever immortalised on a DVD called Appetite For Democracy.

• Like 2

Just now, Towelie said:

Axl has sounded ropey as hell on Nov Rain since 2011. That was a fairly decent rendition compared to some of the shockers he's done. One of the worst is forever immortalised on a DVD called Appetite For Democracy.

The flying piano one? Well he sounds about as bad in that hybrid clip in my opinion but then I can barely remember. The only filmed nugnr concert I've listened to in any detail outside the odd clip was that very DVD which I downloaded illegally. I made it up to four songs before deleting the thing. But I have seen the flying piano clip on youtube!

38 minutes ago, slitherz said:

you can hear it in closer video too :D

I can't. I see and hear Axl playing the piano that is making no noise as his vocals are the only audio until the rest of the band picks up on the beat. 

yeshrug.png

This have to be my favourite thread to read in here yet.

'-Wow, this is the best show/ Axl is killing it/ Slash is god/It's 92 again' (Me: I have to check this out. It looks like it was amazing)

Suddenlly:
'-He stopped the show/wtf?/please no riot' (Me: OMFG this is too good. This is definatly the best show)

I hope there's a vid of Slash's face when Axl says 'STOP'. Must be hilarious :rofl-lol:

that is one of the best night train so far !! Axl fucking killed it and Slash............................................................................. the best thing ever could happen to Guns !!!!!

Edited by Robert39

I'm amazed they actually bring real pianos with them. I've assumed since the 90s they were using digital keys with the actual piano part being a facade like pretty much every major touring artist. The inconvenience of bringing full pianos for 3-4 songs is crazy.