08/05/16 - Houston, TX - NRG Stadium

downzy

Jesus Christ!

This must be one of the best Nightrain versions ever. Looks like both Axl and Slash peaked their performances of the evening in that song. One more fuckin' time tonight :)

Wasn't there, but it looks to me that was the highlight of the evening. Plus the piano thingy :D 

Edited by MisterNo

Axl always knocks the same songs out of the park. He always sounds good-great on Nightrain, Civil War, Rocket Queen, KOHD, Jungle. And it's always Nov Rain, YCBM, Estranged, This I Love and Paradise City where he struggles.

Edited by Towelie

11 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Axl always knocks the same songs out of the park. He always sounds good-great on Nightrain, Civil War, Rocket Queen, KOHD, Jungle. And it's always Nov Rain, YCBM, Estranged, This I Love and Paradise City where he struggles.

Only on NR in this show. 2 part in Estranged sounds fine. TIL was really great. Havent heard PC. But Better should be dropped.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, di_rose_portugal said:

Axl smiling the entire song :drool::wub:

This is great.  Seemed like a more angry Axl last night on stream, but I have been waiting for this and he is all smiles. Poor Dizzy's piano broke. :shrugs: Great stuff thanks for posting!

• Like 1

Don't understand the "drop Better" comments. I think it sounds great. Axl sounds good on it, Slash and Duff bring a new aggressiveness to it, and it is the most generally liked CD song by non-hardcores. I don't see the issue with them playing it every show.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Stro said:

Don't understand the "drop Better" comments. I think it sounds great. Axl sounds good on it, Slash and Duff bring a new aggressiveness to it, and it is the most generally liked CD song by non-hardcores. I don't see the issue with them playing it every show.

I never listened to any CD music before this tour because I am old school and thought CD was not Guns N Roses but after listening to the songs live on this tour I am changing my mind. I think Better is a really good song. I think everything sounds better when Slash, Duff and Axl are playing it.

• Like 2

Just now, BigD62 said:

What happen on November Rain Axl sounded pissed. Was Melissa screwing up or was it an equipment problem?

Just now, BigD62 said:

What happen on November Rain Axl sounded pissed. Was Melissa screwing up or was it an equipment problem?

Scroll up a little and you can watch the whole thing unfold upclose he was all smiles Dizzy's piano broke great stuff

10 minutes ago, metalms said:

Scroll up a little and you can watch the whole thing unfold upclose he was all smiles Dizzy's piano broke great stuff

Thanks, that is funny!. In the old days he would have spiked the mic and walked off. Like this. Lol 

Edited by BigD62
  • Like 1

Oh my god are you kidding me with that Nightrain?  That was insane!  Way to go Axl!  The whole band is so tight and on form as well, I love it.  I also like that they're playing Nightrain the way they used to without 3 giant guitar solos in it, it keeps the song tighter and moving along so it doesn't lose any momentum.