Ticket Demand?

I think you have to remember the soonest show is still a month and a half away. The furthest is 3.5 months. We don't really know what to expect promotion wise, as Guns seems to do it randomly for lack of a better word. It's very possible they have a media circuit similar to what AC/DC is doing now. I know we've gotten some billboards in the cities, and a few snippets now and then from the twitter page, but I'd be surprised if this was all there was. They could be waiting till early June to really start the promo, interviews, etc. I think you've got to time it right for the biggest impact, and it could still be too early, especially for the later dates.

Or if this is all there is going to be, well I'll be damned. Selling out, or almost sold out shows 1.5-3.5 months in advance with nothing more than a billboard, a 30 second clip at the Troubadour, and wildly expensive concert tickets. 

Maybe silence is their thing today. It's certainly unique. In the 80's and 90's you had the danger factor. Chinese really held that silent mystique too. So maybe they got older and couldn't run with the danger thing anymore.  

Guns N' Roses 2016 Tour: Not In This Lifetime. "The most mysterious band in the world!!"

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sprite said:

I think you have to remember the soonest show is still a month and a half away. The furthest is 3.5 months. We don't really know what to expect promotion wise, as Guns seems to do it randomly for lack of a better word. It's very possible they have a media circuit similar to what AC/DC is doing now. I know we've gotten some billboards in the cities, and a few snippets now and then from the twitter page, but I'd be surprised if this was all there was. They could be waiting till early June to really start the promo, interviews, etc. I think you've got to time it right for the biggest impact, and it could still be too early, especially for the later dates.

Or if this is all there is going to be, well I'll be damned. Selling out, or almost sold out shows 1.5-3.5 months in advance with nothing more than a billboard, a 30 second clip at the Troubadour, and wildly expensive concert tickets. 

Maybe silence is their thing today. It's certainly unique. In the 80's and 90's you had the danger factor. Chinese really held that silent mystique too. So maybe they got older and couldn't run with the danger thing anymore.  

Guns N' Roses 2016 Tour: Not In This Lifetime. "The most mysterious band in the world!!"

I agree with pretty much everything you said.  I fully expect some sort of media blitz once AXL/DC is on hiatus and the tour officially kicks off.  I imagine there could also be a few surprises in store (announcement of opening acts, guest appearances, etc.) which would increase demand.  Nevertheless, I am surprised that ticket sales for day 2 in Chicago are as weak as they are at this point.

Whatever.  I was Row N of the upper level in Vegas and am be happy to be 18 rows back on the floor, regardless of how many empty seats might be behind me!

Yeah this silence and mystique thing is really working and I like it even though if they had been more open it would probably be more productive..

I've said this 100 times but I still don't get why Guns didn't add second Toronto show.... Anyone??

16 hours ago, P1g Vomit said:

Hard to see how close they are to being sold out, when i go to ticket master interactive map they take me to a resale website for most shows.

Orlando, San Diego, San Francisco are 95% sold or better. They should be sold out soon.

I remember Philadelphia, Houston, and Washington doing real well too. Its hard to see how well cause those shows interactive map take you straight to the same resale website.

Do you mean it takes you to another site entirely?

I get this when I go on ticketmaster (Orlando):

Skjermbilde%202016-05-13%20kl.%2020.37.4

15 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Yeah this silence and mystique thing is really working and I like it even though if they had been more open it would probably be more productive..

I've said this 100 times but I still don't get why Guns didn't add second Toronto show.... Anyone??

Could be logistics.

3 hours ago, Spirit said:

Do you mean it takes you to another site entirely?

I get this when I go on ticketmaster (Orlando):

Skjermbilde%202016-05-13%20kl.%2020.37.4

Could be logistics.

Yeah the interactive map works for Orlando. But other shows like San Diego or Houston the interactive map takes you straight to a resale website.

1 hour ago, P1g Vomit said:

Yeah the interactive map works for Orlando. But other shows like San Diego or Houston the interactive map takes you straight to a resale website.

I belive San Diego is sold out, may be why you are getting resale maps for those shows.

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

I belive San Diego is sold out, may be why you are getting resale maps for those shows.

I look at it every once in a while actually. I plan on grabbing some better seats when I get the chance. The resale map isnt a diff site it seems to be Ticketmaster's resale page.

Edited by Inglorious

9 hours ago, tsinindy said:

I get the regular ticketmaster map for San Diego. It's about the same amount of seats left as Orlando, maybe a little bit less.

• Like 1

Regarding the second Chicago show - I have a feeling most people willing to spend $270+ for a GNR ticket probably know about the concert by now.  Promotion may draw the attention of casual fans, but most of the cheapest seats are already scooped up.  The idea of a sparse Soldier Field crowd in a big city market could be impacting plans for second shows in other places like Toronto.

They've only sold a little more than half the tickets in Pittsburgh, PA which is concerning to me.  We aren't a large market and selling that many high priced (relatively) tickets at Heinz Field was never going to be easy, but I'd like to think they'd be closer to 80% by now.  I mean, we are less than two months to the show.

Looks like these will be coming to a Groupon ad soon.

You guys think they're gonna drop prices on shows that arent selling well pretty soon? The promoters are hurting themselves a bit w these sky high ticket prices. The average ticket price is over $150. Its crazy how some shows have sold so well and others... well it looks like you can sit damn well anywhere you please at that second boston show.

Tickets that went on sale before any one actually knew who was in the line up and got to see this band perform sold a lot better.  Not saying that is what is happening with these second shows, but it could be a factor. 

Before the tour started I planned on following this band every where I could.. Any local shows in New England, Cincinnati, Met Life.. Now I am just doing 1 of the 2 home town shows. I don't regret it bu I wouldn't have done Vegas either if I knew then what I know now.

23 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Tickets that went on sale before any one actually knew who was in the line up and got to see this band perform sold a lot better.  Not saying that is what is happening with these second shows, but it could be a factor. 

Before the tour started I planned on following this band every where I could.. Any local shows in New England, Cincinnati, Met Life.. Now I am just doing 1 of the 2 home town shows. I don't regret it bu I wouldn't have done Vegas either if I knew then what I know now.

The lineup is most certainly a factor.  I bought my Vegas tix expecting what I got but HOPING for at least a brief appearance of the Appetite lineup. 

When the buzz was at its highest, Chicago sold out in days, not minutes.  Still impressive, but they had to expect some sort of jolt would be needed for the 2nd shows to sell well.  I'm hoping for a killer opener or Adler/Izzy guest appearances...but I wouldn't be surprised if we get neither.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

It's possible but 2 points come to mind to counter yours which are Slash and Axl are the big draw. Duff is the cherry on top. The general fanbase/public does not know the band like us. I think it's a stretch to imply these shows could be being hurt by Melissa or Richard. Most people going to these shows have never heard of mygnrforum.com.

2nd point is you are what you seek. I know your posts and I know you don't like a lot of things. It could be your own revisionist history about what is wrong with the band that is making you think the lineup could have anything to do with sales. I just don't think Guns has that sort of band. It's always been a melting pot. 

This isn't the Beatles going out on tour with Dylan replacing Lennon and Neil Young replacing Harrison. This is guns n roses. American music is decadent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sprite said:

It's possible but 2 points come to mind to counter yours which are Slash and Axl are the big draw. Duff is the cherry on top. The general fanbase/public does not know the band like us. I think it's a stretch to imply these shows could be being hurt by Melissa or Richard. Most people going to these shows have never heard of mygnrforum.com.

I don't think the names Richard, Melissa, Frank, Izzy, Steven, etc. mean much to casual fans.  I do think the word "reunion" does.  When those fans see headlines about the partial "reunion" and then see ticket prices, some of them might decide it's not worth it.

I personally enjoyed the current lineup in Vegas and got tickets for Chicago as well.  It's the best version of GNR in 23 years and it might be all we get, so I will enjoy every minute.

13 hours ago, challenger70rt said:

You guys think they're gonna drop prices on shows that arent selling well pretty soon? The promoters are hurting themselves a bit w these sky high ticket prices. The average ticket price is over $150. Its crazy how some shows have sold so well and others... well it looks like you can sit damn well anywhere you please at that second boston show.

unless they are going to cancel the shows, tickets for some of these shows are going to be selling for about $20 in the weeks leading up to the shows, they are going to be desperate to get as many people in as possible and there are going to be alot of deals