Ticket Demand?

If that article doesn't make it clear curfews are for a few board members to make some money, I don't know what will short of a board member saying it directly. The guy is actually trying to imply 25 minutes is the difference between civility on a work night and all out chaos on the streets with those kids and their damned rock n roll music. Seriously I'd love to see how many hundreds of thousands that board makes with a "late" show. 

Or how about an NFL game lasts 3.5-4 hours?

Sunday, Oct. 5 vs. Cincinnati, 8:30 p.m. (NBC)

Thursday, Oct. 16 vs. New York Jets, 8:25 p.m. (CBS, NFL Network)

That's 2 home games from last years patriots schedule. Both games went to Midnight I'd assume? It's all about the money.

21 minutes ago, pacu44 said:

Third price drop for New Orleans... Heavy promotion started back up after two weeks of silence...

I cannot believe they're doing that elsewhere when the tour opening is half empty currently. They really need to gear things up in Detroit.

19 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I cannot believe they're doing that elsewhere when the tour opening is half empty currently. They really need to gear things up in Detroit.

How do you know it's half empty? There is no seating chart for that show on ticketmaster..at least I didn't see it. Where did you see that is half empty?

2 hours ago, scooby845 said:

well i do not know whence i can derive info.. perhaps he has a little bit more insight than us...

Read the ad....he spells Axl as Axel.  He states "the band has been going well past 11:15 on this tour".  What tour?  They have played six shows lol, and those were two one offs in Vegas and Mexico City and a festival.  You don't have to know, use your brain.    And besides that, why is this coming up now, you know like a month after the second show was announced and two months after the first show sold out basically?

2 hours ago, danijel00 said:

How do you know it's half empty? There is no seating chart for that show on ticketmaster..at least I didn't see it. Where did you see that is half empty?

The seating chart was still up a week and a half ago. Every section, including the floor had rows and rows of tickets available. Now that they've removed the ability to see that, you can still go in and pull up tons of tickets anywhere in the stadium.

7 hours ago, tsinindy said:

You do realize that article is written by a complete fucking hack who has no clue what the fuck is actually going on.

go look at the interactive chart, there are no tickets available in the 300s expect for a couple of tickets posted for re-sale, I am willing to bet they initially sold the 300s, but because the demand was bad they are closing it and those who had 300 levels are going to be given a voucher to move up to the 100s or the 200s  http://www.ticketmaster.com/guns-n-roses-not-in-this-foxborough-massachusetts-07-20-2016/event/0100509482BB15A8?artistid=735218&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

and I have no idea how they are going to have some of these concerts, playing in about 75% empty venues is going to be lame, and I am sure it is going to suck the energy out of the concerts, I am guessing anyone who has any interest in seeing this tour has already bought a ticket

6 hours ago, pacu44 said:

Third price drop for New Orleans... Heavy promotion started back up after two weeks of silence...

they really fucked themselves with their initial greed, I am sure alot of people were interested with the buzz around these shows 2 months ago, but people saw the prices and they said the hell with it, and now with the buzz being gone I am sure they either forgot about the shows or do not really want to go even if the tickets are 1/2 the initial price

and it was idiotic of them to wait a few weeks to put those 2nd shows, they should have put them up at the same time as the 1st shows, or as soon as the 1st shows "sold out"

Edited by k12

20 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I thought it was crazy when the second shows were announced. Even The Stones would struggle to sell two shows in the same stadia.

Yea I think it was overdoing it, the only second show that makes any sense is LA.

7 hours ago, k12 said:

and it was idiotic of them to wait a few weeks to put those 2nd shows, they should have put them up at the same time as the 1st shows, or as soon as the 1st shows "sold out"

For a while, I thought they had a plan to build momentum and sell a lot of these tickets...interviews, magazine cover story, guest appearances from Izzy and Steven, or something else.  I thought they HAD to know something we didn't.  After seeing these price drops, no sign of any major promotion, and Axl busy with AC/DC, I'm starting to think there is no plan.

14 minutes ago, Use Your Delusion II said:

For a while, I thought they had a plan to build momentum and sell a lot of these tickets...interviews, magazine cover story, guest appearances from Izzy and Steven, or something else.  I thought they HAD to know something we didn't.  After seeing these price drops, no sign of any major promotion, and Axl busy with AC/DC, I'm starting to think there is no plan.

I think there was a plan - just a very misguided one that overestimated what people were willing to pay.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RussTCB said:

How many extra seats did they drop for this show? A month ago there weren't very many seats available at all. 

If Slash and Duff were not both on gag orders, they would be doing the rounds of interviews right now, guitar and rock magazine, television, helping to drum up support. This has always been, especially Slash's, modus operandi - until now! Team Brazil obviously have the two dumb bastards on gag orders.

i really don't understand why they would have a gag order...why is Axl aginist promotion?

this whole no interview thing is so strange. at first i thought "okay everything isn't settle yet and they don't want to announce anything prematurely" but the us tour is set and Axl says they are working on a european tour...so wtf?

Edited by -W.A.R-

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If Slash and Duff were not both on gag orders, they would be doing the rounds of interviews right now, guitar and rock magazine, television, helping to drum up support. This has always been, especially Slash's, modus operandi - until now! Team Brazil obviously have the two dumb bastards on gag orders.

totally agree, Do you think they realise that they could have the front cover of virtually every rock magazine world wide?

It just makes no sense.

The rounds of interviews Slash would normally be making right now, if there was not a gag order in place, would be Classic Rock (UK), Guitar World (US) - most of the guitar magazines in fact. As I said, this is normal Slash modus operandi.

Team Brazil and Axl like to operate in this 'Area 51' bubble and have obviously insisted on Slash and Duff following suit. It was similar 2003-05 and immediately when Chinese was released. It is just how they operate. It neither makes sense economically, artistically or in terms of well-being and fan-relations.

21 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

How many extra seats did they drop for this show? A month ago there weren't very many seats available at all. 

Not sure on exactly how many they dropped, but I had the same perception until they did it. 

The floor looked mostly sold and many lower bowl & upper bowl sections appeared sold too. Then all of a sudden they opened a TON of tickets. Probably like 10 full rows in each section on the floor were open along with tons of rows in the lower & upper bowl. 

They left the seating chart up for about 4 days, so I checked it from time to time to see if anything was selling but nothing was. Then they removed the seating chart altogether, but you can still pull up tickets pretty much anywhere in the venue. I did it yesterday with each pricing tier and the very front tickets of each tier were readily available.

I don't want anyone to get me wrong; I very much want this show to be a big deal, but at this point I'm very worried. I'm concerned that we'll have an awesome, day-long preparty at my house, then head to Ford Field to have the vibe compeletely killed by a half full stadium.

I just really hope they ramp up promotion or at least lower ticket prices to get people in those seats.

8 hours ago, k12 said:

go look at the interactive chart, there are no tickets available in the 300s expect for a couple of tickets posted for re-sale, I am willing to bet they initially sold the 300s, but because the demand was bad they are closing it and those who had 300 levels are going to be given a voucher to move up to the 100s or the 200s  http://www.ticketmaster.com/guns-n-roses-not-in-this-foxborough-massachusetts-07-20-2016/event/0100509482BB15A8?artistid=735218&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

and I have no idea how they are going to have some of these concerts, playing in about 75% empty venues is going to be lame, and I am sure it is going to suck the energy out of the concerts, I am guessing anyone who has any interest in seeing this tour has already bought a ticket

Sorry but what does this have to do with what I said and was responding to?

52 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Sorry but what does this have to do with what I said and was responding to?

you were implying the person who wrote that article had no clue if the 300s were going to be closed or not

12 minutes ago, k12 said:

you were implying the person who wrote that article had no clue if the 300s were going to be closed or not

Ok...and they don't, but thanks for clarifying.  My point is your theory is more sound than whoever that bozo is that wrote the article in the first place.  

they better start doing some serious advertising if they want this to sell.. WTF are they thinking?? this is suppose to be THE rock n roll tour of the decade and there´s not even one single interview or press release. :facepalm: 3 weeks to go and not a word from Axl or the other guys..