Ticket Demand?

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

If the tour was priced correctly in the first place ($50-$150), this wouldn't be an issue.

I think this is the issue, TM overshot on what they felt the value of tickets would be based on what happened in Vegas.

• Like 1

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

Yeah, those are really bad but at least they can say they sold out a football stadium in those cities. 

Surprised Detroit is so bad co pared to some of these, we like rock n roll here

Also, HUGE thanks to @Epson for that!

No problem :thumbsup:.

Also we will able to see if there is a change after a week or so by comparing the pics. 

34 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

If the tour was priced correctly in the first place ($50-$150), this wouldn't be an issue.

What the shows selling out? It would probably also help if they did some press and helped clarify what the hell is even going on. A few buddy's of mine were gonna get tickets for New York but we backed out, it's one thing between the travel and money but it would help if we understood what the hell were traveling for or what we would be seeing. 

But what if the're holding tickets for some shows like they were for Detroit? And, some of the things on seating maps just doesn't make sense to me. Or maybe I just don't understand that because I'm a newbie about this thing.

For example, the Glendale map...on both sides(in circle) are basically the same amount of tickets left, and most of are the same seats. how is that even posibble?

20160607212021579.jpeg.f26930d30912dd440145581d4c2a43f1.jpeg

Thats a good point, idk. 

29 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

What the shows selling out? It would probably also help if they did some press and helped clarify what the hell is even going on. A few buddy's of mine were gonna get tickets for New York but we backed out, it's one thing between the travel and money but it would help if we understood what the hell were traveling for or what we would be seeing. 

You know what youre seeing. I get the point, but come on

• Like 1

2 hours ago, danijel00 said:

But what if the're holding tickets for some shows like they were for Detroit? And, some of the things on seating maps just doesn't make sense to me. Or maybe I just don't understand that because I'm a newbie about this thing.

For example, the Glendale map...on both sides(in circle) are basically the same amount of tickets left, and most of are the same seats. how is that even posibble?

20160607212021579.jpeg.f26930d30912dd440145581d4c2a43f1.jpeg

There might have been limited sections available in the pre-sale, and if those sold out on both sides it would leave the same "footprint".

36 minutes ago, Spirit said:

There might have been limited sections available in the pre-sale, and if those sold out on both sides it would leave the same "footprint".

Hmmm this seems to make the most sense

I hope

Think first concert will help. 

I believe they cut prices to Chicago second show in some of the upper levels. 

Very piss poor demand. 

Is there a chance they cancel these shows.. Which would be huge disappointment 

Edited by krazejeff

4 minutes ago, krazejeff said:

Very piss poor demand. 

Is there a chance they cancel these shows.. Which would be huge disappointment 

Do you mean generally on the tour?

A Live Nation rep was quoted a month or so ago that they've sold over 1 million tickets so far..

For the big reunion tour I am shocked particularly the Chicago show. 

It's July 4th weekend and very little has sold. 

I do agree there needs to be more promotion but I'm in Toronto there was no promotion needed here. 

That being said it's great for fans so they can buy face value or likely less than face from scalpers or the hub 

I think once people see one show and video it should be much of the promotion that is needed. 

The axldc thing hasn't helped much either 

6 hours ago, Epson said:

Yeah, the 2nd Boston and the 2nd Chicago are the worst. 

those shows are actually worse than they are showing in the map, because the Upper Level in Boston either never went on sale, or they sold only a few of them and stopped selling them, so that entire upper level is going to be empty, and the same thing with Chicago as I am willing to bet all of those upper level seats on the far end and those past the first 10 rows or so on the side never went on sale either so they are going to be closed as well

I am sure they are getting an awesome deal on booking those 2 nights, still I can't imagine how some of those shows especially that 2nd night Boston is able to go through, that Chicago July 3rd show has the benefit of a weekend, so they might sell a few more tickets, but that mid-week Boston show? unless they are desperate and are going to announce all seats are $10-$20 I have no clue how it is going to happen, they can't possibly be making more than like $50,000 in profits off of that

Edited by k12
  • Like 1

I  like many others think they just priced the tickets way too high.

I don't know who set these prices but they should have known better. The US concert market is still in a rut.

If was just the promoters setting the prices it's one thing but if GNR had a hand in it is another story and by that I mean GNR gets there concert fee plus a % of the ticket sales then that is just wrong IMHO. Alot of acts get the fee plus a % of the ticket sales. Sometimes it is set up to where the act will get a percentage after X amount of tickets are sold.

To me they most likely would do better in the US if they started touring in South America first then European tour then the US or flip flop the US and Europe.  Just to get the momentum up because the US is a much tougher market to sell thickets than the other 2. And GNR still has the stigma of coming on very late, ya most of us on the board no that the lateness is not much of an issue any more but outside the forums people don't know that and if your in a tough market you need to show BEFORE you go there than the show will start very close to the start time and there will be no issues like in the past.

I think they should have done one or two nights at an arena in the smaller markets and only do stadiums in the large markets, in an arena people will pay the ticket prices because even if they are in the upper seats they will have a good view of the video feed and still be able to see the band on stage pretty good unlike in a stadium where the band look like ants half way up. Stadium tours are to tough sell anyway because there are so many seat that are so far from the stage most people think it isn't worth it and they won't pay $150-250 for the better seats. 

Edited by bigcountry

The second nights were a blunder. Ultimately though I think this should have been an arena tour - with cheaper tickets. Arenas are simply a better experience all round. Shows in stadia are horrid, paying an arm and a leg to view somebody the size of a postage stamp. With arenas, they could play multiple nights - three say - in key metropolitan areas, and spread themselves across the geographic map wider.

37 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The second nights were a blunder. Ultimately though I think this should have been an arena tour - with cheaper tickets. Arenas are simply a better experience all round. Shows in stadia are horrid, paying an arm and a leg to view somebody the size of a postage stamp. With arenas, they could play multiple nights - three say - in key metropolitan areas, and spread themselves across the geographic map wider.

Exactly why I think the rumour of three Wembley shows would be a huge mistake. Maybe they could sell one, at a push. Adding stadium dates in the same place a night or two after is just ridiculous. I really hope the shows aren't half empty or worse, just for our friends over the pond who are attending. 

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I did a rough estimate, and with the amount of tickets sold so far for this tour they would need to play about 70 dates if the venues were arenas. Stadiums seem to be the best option, given the demand.

Fingers crossed they consolidate seats in the sparser shows, maybe close off the 3rd deck at MetLife and move folks down to the 2nd. Would be fine by me to trade in my 60 dollar seats for 120 dollar ones! :P

• Like 1