Ticket Demand?

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

You would be looking at cancellations with those stats.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. I would guess but showtime it'll be 50% capacity but thats still a terrible showing. It wouldn't surprise me if they block out the upper deck first and move everyone down to the lower bowl. 

Go check out the Rolling Stones prices for T-Mobile.  Yikes.  Makes GnR's look like a free show.  $350-$750 lower bowl.  With the majority of lower bowl being the $750 ones.  Main floor is all $750. 

Some areas of upper deck are at $450.  Face value through the ASX site.  JFC

Edited by Original

1 hour ago, Original said:

Go check out the Rolling Stones prices for T-Mobile.  Yikes.  Makes GnR's look like a free show.  $350-$750 lower bowl.  With the majority of lower bowl being the $750 ones.  Main floor is all $750. 

Some areas of upper deck are at $450.  Face value through the ASX site.  JFC

What the fuck?!

When were these announced?

If people are not willing to go out and see the band then they should cancel. I wouldn't think that It would  make a whole lot of business sense to travel to a venue that holds 65.000 people and only have 32,000 show up. They could probably be a permanent act In Las Vegas playing 2-3 nights a week at the T-Mobile Arena to sell out crowds.

55 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

can someone explain why  the stage isn't moved to the very end of the stadium thus making more room for seats? more seats with cheaper price is better than less with higher price right?

20160607195942598.jpeg.daa5be0ae3b2a2a5432fdcf66070bb24.jpeg

Far as i know, the stage is already in the very end of the field, this lower gray area it's already seats, not part of the field.

c47e6ae25f4d5f38d8db02ecc07013f0.jpg

24 minutes ago, Rickodez said:

Far as i know, the stage is already in the very end of the field, this lower gray area it's already seats, not part of the field.

yeah but i think those are retractable seats so that way you can get additional field space...

1 minute ago, scooby845 said:

yeah but i think those are retractable seats so that way you can get additional field space...

This i don't know. But if it's the case, i guess they would prefer this extra space for the backstage.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I thought the Stones were thinking about entering the studio, following the South American tour!!

I heard they already finished most recording. Album should be out by the time they do Desert Trip and Vegas

8 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

No dude, stage goes on field. Can't put it there

In certain cases it does...but how to explain the fact then that here(picture below) has 2-3 times more seating space than GnR... I was watching Taylor Swift so I figured out how? At GnR concert you have like 6 squares of seats on field, whilst here you got like 22.... 

Capture1234.PNG

26 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

In certain cases it does...but how to explain the fact then that here(picture below) has 2-3 times more seating space than GnR... I was watching Taylor Swift so I figured out how? At GnR concert you have like 6 squares of seats on field, whilst here you got like 22.... 

Capture1234.PNG

Because one of the things they do when tickets aren't selling is scale back the size of the venue. Meaning they reduce the capacity to make it look more full than it is.

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

There were targeted ads on my Facebook to win tickets for Toronto. We're talking about one of the shows that actually sold out. The comments on it were pathetic. People were confused because they thought the band had split while others said they wouldn't see Guns without Axl (assuming he was permanently in AC/DC). How could they fuck up the promotion this bad? Not that it matters for Toronto but it shows how a few billboards aren't enough for the general public and the lack of communication/clarifying things with fans. There are still people who have no idea what's going on or what the line-up is. What a shit show.

Ive noticed this recently too. When it was all announced there were no misunderstandings though. Its only now that the whole AC/DC thing went down and there was the false start with the secret show + Vegas shows that seems to have people wondering what the hell is going on. Of course they could just google it if theyre interested in any capacity.

20 minutes ago, Inglorious said:

Ive noticed this recently too. When it was all announced there were no misunderstandings though. Its only now that the whole AC/DC thing went down and there was the false start with the secret show + Vegas shows that seems to have people wondering what the hell is going on. Of course they could just google it if theyre interested in any capacity.

True - a lot of the accurate information is just a Google search away. However, I think the lack of direct information and resulting confusion may have turned off some casuals from checking it out. Obviously in addition to the ticket prices and size of the venues.

Just now, James Bond said:

True - a lot of the accurate information is just a Google search away. However, I think the lack of direct information and resulting confusion may have turned off some casuals from checking it out. Obviously in addition to the ticket prices and size of the venues.

All of the above, no doubt. I cant disagree. Im taking a friend with me so I covered the tickets, airfare and hotel. I am hoping to upgrade the tickets in about 3-4 weeks too. Cutting it close at that point.

There were targeted ads on my Facebook to win tickets for Toronto. We're talking about one of the shows that actually sold out. The comments on it were pathetic. People were confused because they thought the band had split while others said they wouldn't see Guns without Axl (assuming he was permanently in AC/DC). How could they fuck up the promotion this bad? Not that it matters for Toronto but it shows how a few billboards aren't enough for the general public and the lack of communication/clarifying things with fans. There are still people who have no idea what's going on or what the line-up is. What a shit show.

We also have to come to terms that Gn'R isn't as relevant today. People move on unfortunately. I used to think that if they ever get back together stadiums will sell out everywhere, quick. I was wrong. Although, new music would help alot.

What they need to do is play the following type of promo video on TV,  Facebook. ...everywhere so there is no confusion as to who is in the line up.