Ticket Demand?

4 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I thought Chicago's first night was already sold out but there are still a lot of tickets available...

They released a bunch of tickets last week. After these tour sales, I've finally accepted that it's practically pointless to buy Guns tickets right when they go on sale. You can get better tix closer to the date, for potentially less money. I hate that the band has to do their die-hards like that. 

1 hour ago, Spirit said:

(Same) three originals, replacement drummer and rhythm guitarist and two keyboardists.

The replacement drummer at the time played on 36 studio tracks. Some were huge hit sand he could actually play

Gilby knew his part as a rhythm guitarist

]They did not have two full time keyboardists back then. Teddy played keyboards on a few songs a night as an additional musician for that piece of the tour. And that didn't define the UYI lineup.. The Illusions tour began and ended with out him. 

• Like 1

Random thought not necessarily about ticket demand but the promotion in general. It's amazing how many comments they get on each successive Facebook status with people asking if Axl is still in the cast. It goes to show how sometimes a little update or Tweet, even a photo of Axl with the words "back on his feet and ready to rock" or something, could go a long way. Yes, people could find out this info on Google in two seconds but most of the casuals don't bother. That's why some updating even on the most minor of issues could help out on the promo front.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, olga said:

They released a bunch of tickets last week. After these tour sales, I've finally accepted that it's practically pointless to buy Guns tickets right when they go on sale. You can get better tix closer to the date, for potentially less money. I hate that the band has to do their die-hards like that. 

2 hours ago, Use Your Delusion II said:

You're right, I agree, and you all are the winners!  The somewhat important context to my comment was....

IF the current lineup is not that different than NuGNR (as previous poster stated, and which I disagree with), THEN I would ALSO say it's not that different than the Illusion Era GNR.  I do think the current lineup is closer to Illusion Era than NuGNR.

Ok your point is now clearer however I still disagree respectfully. 

Until we see a big shift in performsnce in sound I feel we are still closer to nugnr at this stage. The current state of replacements are not close to the fit that Matt & Gilby were.

to compare the current incarnation of the band to illusion era (the height of guns fame) would be short sighted at best & quite disengenuis. 

Edited by Good, Fuck'n, Night.

I'm not sure why we're bickering about any of this.  We have Axl, Slash, and Duff on stage together.  That's a good thing regardless of whether it's Matt and Gilby or Frank and Richard with them.  If we're being honest (and I love Izzy as much as the next person) it wouldn't really matter to most that it's Izzy and Steven either. 

As far as ticket sales, who cares?  Worst case is it's half empty and much easier in and out for those going.  More realistic they will be pretty full and the show will be fine.  It's like we as a community have some illness where we can't be happy.  Enjoy what we have because you could have what we had before or maybe even nothing.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, buzzsaw said:

I'm not sure why we're bickering about any of this.  We have Axl, Slash, and Duff on stage together.  That's a good thing regardless of whether it's Matt and Gilby or Frank and Richard with them.  If we're being honest (and I love Izzy as much as the next person) it wouldn't really matter to most that it's Izzy and Steven either. 

As far as ticket sales, who cares?  Worst case is it's half empty and much easier in and out for those going.  More realistic they will be pretty full and the show will be fine.  It's like we as a community have some illness where we can't be happy.  Enjoy what we have because you could have what we had before or maybe even nothing.

What you said in your last sentence is exactly why ticket sales matter.

1 hour ago, buzzsaw said:

I'm not sure why we're bickering about any of this.  We have Axl, Slash, and Duff on stage together.  That's a good thing regardless of whether it's Matt and Gilby or Frank and Richard with them. 

I Would agree if Frank and Fortus did the songs justice.. So far, for the most part, they haven't...

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

The replacement drummer at the time played on 36 studio tracks. Some were huge hit sand he could actually play

Gilby knew his part as a rhythm guitarist

]They did not have two full time keyboardists back then. Teddy played keyboards on a few songs a night as an additional musician for that piece of the tour. And that didn't define the UYI lineup.. The Illusions tour began and ended with out him. 

Today's drummer has played on 14 studio tracks. I won't go into a discussion on who's the best drummer, they all got their strengths and weaknesses.

Richard doesn't know his part?

Ok, Teddy wasn't an official member. If that is the tipping point whether or not there are similarities, then ok – the line-up situations aren't similar.

2 hours ago, Lancelot said:

Does anyone know how the shows that were sold out all of a sudden have tickets available? Could it be that people exchanged their tickets for the second show in their city?

they play games and manipulate the sales, hold alot of really good seats, add a 2nd show, and than release the good seats for the 1st show as the show gets closer, no concert is ever really a sell out if it is declared a sell out on the first day, especially a huge football stadium

5 minutes ago, k12 said:

they play games and manipulate the sales, hold alot of really good seats, add a 2nd show, and than release the good seats for the 1st show as the show gets closer, no concert is ever really a sell out if it is declared a sell out on the first day, especially a huge football stadium

I understand some of that, but the seats showing up for some of these 1st shows are not what I'd consider good seats. Thanks for responding.

2 hours ago, buzzsaw said:

Amen to the highlighted parts above.  What happened to the off-the-charts levels of excitement on this board from just a few months ago with everyone happily scooping up tickets to Vegas at any price?  The avalanche of giddy posts during the Troubadour show with people excited just to hear some muffled clips (from across the street) of Slash's seemingly impossible return to GNR?  The Troubadour show was less than 3 months ago and (generally speaking) we're already tired of Slash and Duff, apparently.  What did we all expect, the Appetite lineup to step into the T-Mobile arena in peak form, 25 years younger, and be the World's Most Dangerous Band again?

I care about ticket sales but only because I want this tour to be a success.  If it is, it seems more likely that this group will stick around for a while and MAYBE gift us a new album.

Edited by Use Your Delusion II
Missed a word
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Today's drummer has played on 14 studio tracks. I won't go into a discussion on who's the best drummer, they all got their strengths and weaknesses.

Richard doesn't know his part?

Ok, Teddy wasn't an official member. If that is the tipping point whether or not there are similarities, then ok – the line-up situations aren't similar.

What 14 tracks did Frank play on?  

No Richard doesn't know his part as a rhythm guitarist.. Generally rhythm guitars aren't louder than lead guitarists for one. Never mind the parts and songs he ruins trying to show off. See Rocket Queen for example 1

Teddy wasn't an official member. PLUS he only added keyboards on a few songs per show. PLUS it was only a fraction of the tour.. That is MUCH different than the situation they have now. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, k12 said:

Correct.  TM, the brokers and the bands are all in it together...one big manipulative game.  Ya just have to play that game back when looking for tix.

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

What 14 tracks did Frank play on?  

No Richard doesn't know his part as a rhythm guitarist.. Generally rhythm guitars aren't louder than lead guitarists for one. Never mind the parts and songs he ruins trying to show off. See Rocket Queen for example 1

Teddy wasn't an official member. PLUS he only added keyboards on a few songs per show. PLUS it was only a fraction of the tour.. That is MUCH different than the situation they have now. 

Isn't Frank on CD?

So you think Richard is the one designing the soundscape for the concert, adjusting the PA channel levels? I also don't think Richard is trying to do anything on stage that wasn't agreed upon in rehearsals between him and Slash.

Again, if the Teddy/Melissa comparison is a big thing in trying to decide if there are similarities in the lineup situation, ok – there aren't any similarities between the lineups.

EDIT TO ADD: I was mistaken on the 14 tracks, Frank was on 5 tracks.

Edited by Spirit
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, James Bond said:

Random thought not necessarily about ticket demand but the promotion in general. It's amazing how many comments they get on each successive Facebook status with people asking if Axl is still in the cast. It goes to show how sometimes a little update or Tweet, even a photo of Axl with the words "back on his feet and ready to rock" or something, could go a long way. Yes, people could find out this info on Google in two seconds but most of the casuals don't bother. That's why some updating even on the most minor of issues could help out on the promo front.

I wouldn't call them all casuals. I know many fans who aren't big on Internet or forums for example. It was funny when I told a friend of mine who has been a fan since day 1 about forums. It's foreign to some.

7 hours ago, Use Your Delusion II said:

Amen to the highlighted parts above.  What happened to the off-the-charts levels of excitement on this board from just a few months ago with everyone happily scooping up tickets to Vegas at any price?  The avalanche of giddy posts during the Troubadour show with people excited just to hear some muffled clips (from across the street) of Slash's seemingly impossible return to GNR?  The Troubadour show was less than 3 months ago and (generally speaking) we're already tired of Slash and Duff, apparently.  What did we all expect, the Appetite lineup to step into the T-Mobile arena in peak form, 25 years younger, and be the World's Most Dangerous Band again?

I care about ticket sales but only because I want this tour to be a success.  If it is, it seems more likely that this group will stick around for a while and MAYBE gift us a new album.

Thats almost exactly how I feel right now too. I dont think I couldve said it any better than you did.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, yourcrazy said:

I can't believe people can still find anything to bitch about.  This literally is unbelievable.  Slash and Duff back in the band and still complaining.  I never thought this would be possible.  I was there for the illusion tour.  No one new or cares that Gilby was just a hired hand and really so was Matt Sorum.  He may have played on the records but to my knowledge didn't write the music.  This current incarnation is still a hybrid of the original GNR, but it's the closest to the original as we are ever going to get.  This band has always been in a crazy state of flux with revolving members and has never been stable.  This is as good as it's going to get.  You cannot be a true GNR fan and not think that Slash and Duff back in the band isn't awesome.  

Well said! :thumbsup:I also never ever thought that I would see those Axl, Duff and Slash perform together on stage again and I am beyond happy that they are! LONG time comin!!! 

7 hours ago, axlinkafayette said:

Those VIP meet n greets were a total joke at the price they were asking

Basically guaranteed Axl would not be there too

There wasn't anything about a Meet and Greet in any of the packages. Each level was just one of the usual "Live Nation Perks" type of package.

9 hours ago, yourcrazy said:

I can't believe people can still find anything to bitch about.  This literally is unbelievable.  Slash and Duff back in the band and still complaining.  I never thought this would be possible.  I was there for the illusion tour.  No one new or cares that Gilby was just a hired hand and really so was Matt Sorum.  He may have played on the records but to my knowledge didn't write the music.  This current incarnation is still a hybrid of the original GNR, but it's the closest to the original as we are ever going to get.  This band has always been in a crazy state of flux with revolving members and has never been stable.  This is as good as it's going to get.  You cannot be a true GNR fan and not think that Slash and Duff back in the band isn't awesome.  

They didn't sound like shit on the Illusions tour
Sorry if some peoples standards are low and are happy with as good as it's gonna get
Just because some aren't thrilled with Slash and Duff essentially joining NuGuns doesn't make them any less of a fan.

This band still sounds like NuGuns which isn't a good thing. Many have said from the beginning that this line up is hardly a reunion and they would have to come out sounding fucking awesome for it to work. They don't sound awesome. This band doesn't hold a candle to any of the classic line ups on stage.. It shouldn't be that way.. They should be just as good if not better. But Axl, Frank and Fortus insist on keeping the NuGuns sound.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Axl, Frank and Fortus insist on keeping the NuGuns sound.

This.  Frank & Fortus are brutal, especially Frank.  He can't play.  Slash stole the show in Vegas IMO.  He was amazing.....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Original said:

This.  Frank & Fortus are brutal, especially Frank.  He can't play.  Slash stole the show in Vegas IMO.  He was amazing.....

Agreed. Seeing Slash play all those solos that he hadn't played in so long were definitely the highlights of the show. Estranged Especially, although that is one of the few songs that I think they pull off well overall.