Ticket Demand?

32 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Fingers crossed they consolidate seats in the sparser shows, maybe close off the 3rd deck at MetLife and move folks down to the 2nd. Would be fine by me to trade in my 60 dollar seats for 120 dollar ones! :P

I'd be totally fine with that. It'll still suck the life out of the gig in a way, but at least everyone won't be spread all across the stadium.

They should have pulled an AC/DC - stadiums in a few select markets and then arenas in the rest. It looks better on paper to brag about two or three arena shows that have sold out than a single stadium show that is half full.

33 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'd be totally fine with that. It'll still suck the life out of the gig in a way, but at least everyone won't be spread all across the stadium.

Empty seats suck the life way worse. Once the crowd gets consolidated, it keeps the energy way better than if you have 3 empty rows in front of you. If you can't sell the seats and fill the place, condensing is the best alternative. 

Ever notice how the ticket brokers have alot of great tickets before or just after these tickets go on sale? Ever notice when the tickets aren't selling on the broker sites, Ticketmaster or whoever has a huge ticket drop? Coincidence? Hmmm I wonder. I smell a rat. 

Also I am member of some Rolling Stones fan sites and AEG does their concerts too. Every tour it is the same thing. Tickets aren't selling, high priced tickets,  ticket drops, fears of half empty stadiums. Every tour is the same and in the end the stadiums are usually full. I bet Detroit will be full by showtime.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BigD62 said:

Also I am member of some Rolling Stones fan sites and AEG does their concerts too. Every tour it is the same thing. Tickets aren't selling, high priced tickets,  ticket drops, fears of half empty stadiums. Every tour is the same and in the end the stadiums are usually full. I bet Detroit will be full by showtime.

Because in the end they paper the living fuck out of the places. Which is exactly what they will do here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prez said:

"Paper" mans to give away free tickets. I've only ever heard it in a pro wrestling context, not sure if it's common elsewhere.

Yeah, that's what I've been seeing regarding papering.  Lots of radio contests for free tickets, two for one deals, that sort of jazz.  It's used to save face in that the promoters didn't really sell the tickets at the price they want, but they do not want to see half-filled stadiums.  Would look bad on their end if there was a tour full of half-filled stadiums of a highly anticipated tour.  That stated, I wonder how the billboard boxscore results would be in these shows and how much revenue the ticket sales and attendance will be?

Edited by Anguyen92

1 hour ago, prez said:

"Paper" mans to give away free tickets. I've only ever heard it in a pro wrestling context, not sure if it's common elsewhere.

That may have been why I've never heard it before. Not into pro wrestling. A lot of places will hide the upper level seats to make the stadium look less empty.

5 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

That may have been why I've never heard it before. Not into pro wrestling. A lot of places will hide the upper level seats to make the stadium look less empty.

It's a common term with concerts and theater shows, too.

I am waiting for the GnR shows to pop up on Live Nation's promotions or some site like Groupon before they turn to comps, though. A lot of bands unload their excess seats there. I do think that if the prices are dropped substantially they will fill the house, and even making twenty bucks on a seat is better than leaving it empty or giving it away for free.

Edited by stella

42 minutes ago, stella said:

It's a common term with concerts and theater shows, too.

I am waiting for the GnR shows to pop up on Live Nation's promotions or some site like Groupon before they turn to comps, though. A lot of bands unload their excess seats there. I do think that if the prices are dropped substantially they will fill the house, and even making twenty bucks on a seat is better than leaving it empty or giving it away for free.

Groupon was my guess. They did that the last 2 times they were here. Nither show came close to selling out, but it did help get more people in the seats. 

16 hours ago, BigD62 said:

Ever notice how the ticket brokers have alot of great tickets before or just after these tickets go on sale? Ever notice when the tickets aren't selling on the broker sites, Ticketmaster or whoever has a huge ticket drop? Coincidence? Hmmm I wonder. I smell a rat. 

TM/Brokers/Bands are all in bed together.  Trent Reznor penned a great article on how the game works years ago. 

• Like 1

On June 9, 2016 at 7:15 AM, RussTCB said:

Groupon was my guess. They did that the last 2 times they were here. Nither show came close to selling out, but it did help get more people in the seats. 

GNR did Groupon? 

On 6/8/2016 at 0:33 PM, Spirit said:

I did a rough estimate, and with the amount of tickets sold so far for this tour they would need to play about 70 dates if the venues were arenas. Stadiums seem to be the best option, given the demand.

I think if they done arena shows in the smaller markets and done the shows in the round instead of end stage I think you would see 2 nights selling out in the same city because it is a better experience for the fans. I the large markets I understand the stadiums but if they done 3 arena shows in the larger markets they would sell out also. Yes it is more work for the band but I think they would turn a better profit on ticket sales by charging more for at least the Upper level seats.

I will bet in the next week or 2 we will see more tickets released, promoters and ticketmaster aren't stupid they will in alot of cases hold tickets so when someone looks they think they better get what they can now given what tickets are left of those that have been released.

I seen when tickets went on sale to the general public after about 2 weeks the Nashville show showed most of the middle bowl is sold then on 2 different times so far it showed it will loads of tickets in the middle bowl and even more low bowl seats to be had only to look the next day both times that the lower had jsut mainly singles scattered out and the middle bowl probably 75% sold out.    

Maybe it was a mistake by ticketmaster???? I sure hope so but time will tell.