Ticket Demand?

11 minutes ago, estranged_85 said:

they better start doing some serious advertising if they want this to sell.. WTF are they thinking?? this is suppose to be THE rock n roll tour of the decade and there´s not even one single interview or press release. :facepalm: 3 weeks to go and not a word from Axl or the other guys.. 

they are going to do something, I am willing to bet there is going to be an appearance on Kimmell and who knows maybe Fallon, and perhaps something else up their sleeve, unless they are content in playing 50-75% empty venues on alot of the nights

They may do something, but it should've been done by now. The tour starts in 20 days, and Axl won't have much time to do any press between tours. Sirius has been pushing the tour quite a bit, but that doesn't mean much to the regular public that don't pay for that. 

Promotion and lowering prices can only do so much. In today's world people can just go to YouTube and see what their ticket will get them.

A lot of people are going to look at  what's being offered and decide it's not very good. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigpoop said:

Promotion and lowering prices can only do so much. In today's world people can just go to YouTube and see what their ticket will get them.

A lot of people are going to look at  what's being offered and decide it's not very good. 

So true, everything, all of it.

May I add, history and memory is going work against them too... Axl didn't give a sheet then and with this Axl/DC noise, will arrive at the same conclusion.

Edited by pacu44

2 hours ago, bigpoop said:

I don't know about that. I know quite a few people who got tix after watching clips from Vegas, MC and Cochella. After being at the two shows in Vegas, I'm trying to figure out what wasn't very good? 

In my opinion, merely unleashing Slash and Duff from their gagging orders would drum up another 10 - 15% sales: front cover interview features in Rolling Stone, Guitar World and Classic Rock; an interview with Eddie Trunk, etc - reveal the dirt on why and how the reunion happened.

• Like 3

On 6/3/2016 at 0:13 AM, k12 said:

go look at the interactive chart, there are no tickets available in the 300s expect for a couple of tickets posted for re-sale, I am willing to bet they initially sold the 300s, but because the demand was bad they are closing it and those who had 300 levels are going to be given a voucher to move up to the 100s or the 200s  http://www.ticketmaster.com/guns-n-roses-not-in-this-foxborough-massachusetts-07-20-2016/event/0100509482BB15A8?artistid=735218&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Something like this happened to me for the Motley Crue fairwell tour at the bell centre, I showed up only to be told the area I had gotten a ticket for was closed off. They had people standing at the entrances to those sections exchanging tickets for people.

Edited by fallglimmer

Its scary how much it isn't selling. I understood maybe adding a second NJ/NY show, since it is a big area and major market, but they killed all momentum adding a second show on a SUNDAY. I don't care, but I'm not who you have to sell to. A Sunday show, at those prices, in that venue, is a nightmare. Should have added a Friday show the night before the first.

What I love is how that show isn't selling, just like Foxborough except ticket prices haven't dropped like Gillette, and I won tickets to that second show on the radio. I pick them up and they're up in the 300s 10 rows from the back. I thought about storming in and saying every seat in the house is open and THIS is all you're giving away, but laughed it off just assuming I'll upgrade myself if its still so empty. I've gotten good and bad tickets before and its funny how the good ones are usually for tough shows and the bad ones have been for this show that isn't selling and Def Leppard in a shed where I got like 3rd row from the back lol. As if you can't get anything better for a Def Leppard show.

2 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Its scary how much it isn't selling. I understood maybe adding a second NJ/NY show, since it is a big area and major market, but they killed all momentum adding a second show on a SUNDAY. I don't care, but I'm not who you have to sell to. A Sunday show, at those prices, in that venue, is a nightmare. Should have added a Friday show the night before the first.

What I love is how that show isn't selling, just like Foxborough except ticket prices haven't dropped like Gillette, and I won tickets to that second show on the radio. I pick them up and they're up in the 300s 10 rows from the back. I thought about storming in and saying every seat in the house is open and THIS is all you're giving away, but laughed it off just assuming I'll upgrade myself if its still so empty. I've gotten good and bad tickets before and its funny how the good ones are usually for tough shows and the bad ones have been for this show that isn't selling and Def Leppard in a shed where I got like 3rd row from the back lol. As if you can't get anything better for a Def Leppard show.

I must sound like a broken record at this point, but I'm stunned that they haven't dropped Detroit ticket prices by now. You can't see the seating chart anymore, but you can pull up tickets anywhere in the place very easily. Just a minute ago, I pulled up pit tickets with no problem at all.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I must sound like a broken record at this point, but I'm stunned that they haven't dropped Detroit ticket prices by now. You can't see the seating chart anymore, but you can pull up tickets anywhere in the place very easily. Just a minute ago, I pulled up pit tickets with no problem at all.

No, its fucking weird. Does the band just plain not care cause (I assume) they already got paid? Cause its ridiculous how underpromoted this tour has been. I've said it before, but I'm so happy I went to Vegas, cause there hasn't been Guns N Roses buzz since IMO. Even with the broken leg, we rallied through. Being in a half empty stadium? Thats a totally different and much worse vibe.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, gunsfanoldie said:

What they should have done is skip the stadium altogether and  just do a week at the Garden. That would have looked like a triumph, and  it would  have been a much better fan experience. This whole thing has been all about getting the maximum payday. Fair enough that they want get paid but it's kind if shitty when it looks like it's the only consideration.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RussTCB said:

16 hours ago, gunsfanoldie said:

No, its fucking weird. Does the band just plain not care cause (I assume) they already got paid? Cause its ridiculous how underpromoted this tour has been. I've said it before, but I'm so happy I went to Vegas, cause there hasn't been Guns N Roses buzz since IMO. Even with the broken leg, we rallied through. Being in a half empty stadium? Thats a totally different and much worse vibe.

I just don't understand it. Just a few weeks ago things seemed fine with barely any seats left form Detroit. Then all of the sudden they release a shit ton of tckets. Why the hell would they do this? Absolute bullshit.

A. It holds back most tickets when demand is highest (when tickets first go on sale)

B. Forces people who get tickets early to get worse seats

So stupid! The show is in what? 2 weeks?! Thinks started off great. I saw the huge billboard, there were commercials and movie trailers. .. now there's zilch. I don't want the show to be half full, it definitely sucks the vibe a bit. They should have slashed prices weeks ago. I don't think this is a lack of interest thing. Casuals were talking about this tour in April- people at work, my family, frkends, etc. A lot of people I know are going that wouldn't ever have considered a NuGnr gig. I blame ticket prices more than anything, 300 bucks for most of the floor and lower bowl is ridiculous. 

How are other markets selling? I've only been following Detroit

• Like 1

Incomprehensible lack of action at the moment. If the first show is reported as half empty that is going to affect demand for the remainder of the tour no matter what they do after that. People want to be there if something is perceived as a success and they stay clear of failures.  The comeback is not going to seem that special if they can't even sell the first show. 

I am curious if they are getting a guaranteed pay day regardless (their reported 3 Million per show) or they are basing their pay based on the sales, if they are getting a guaranteed pay-day I am guessing it is the promoter who is losing the money

1 minute ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

I'm still shocked they haven't stepped up the promotion

what promotion? I am sure everyone heard about the comeback 2 months ago, I am sure alot of people checked out the prices and said the hell with it

I am hoping that someone (AEG/LiveNation, TB, the band) is watching these sales and that there is some kind of behind the scenes work or discussions to get this moving.   Talk shows like Kimmel and others, solid openers, price drop, etc. would all help.   Better move quick, because the sun is setting on this ordeal and people need to make their plans, especially for the weekday concerts.  

Edited by Braxon Raine
  • Like 2

Just now, k12 said:

what promotion? I am sure everyone heard about the comeback 2 months ago, I am sure alot of people checked out the prices and said the hell with it

But wouldn't you think with some of these shows selling poorly they would do something to fill the venues???

More of a social media presence, an interview? something I don't know.

11 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

But wouldn't you think with some of these shows selling poorly they would do something to fill the venues???

More of a social media presence, an interview? something I don't know.

yea I guess, I am sure there is going to be a Kimmell appearance or something, but I am pretty sure it is to late to have any real impact on sales, should have done the Kimmell thing 2 months ago and should have kept the prices lower

This is what you get when you charge 300 dollars for a football stadium. Its not even like there were a select few at that price, tons of sections were.

ACDCs last stadium tour here had prices topping out at 100 bucks

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Use Your Delusion II said:

Current July 3 Chicago seat map

Capture.JPG

Just looking at this makes me feel bad for them. I mean, the payday is guaranteed or whatever, but that show will basically be a soundcheck. Don't see it selling that much more with less than a month to go without a talk show appearance/interview/new album announcement.

13 minutes ago, Use Your Delusion II said:

Current July 3 Chicago seat map

Capture.JPG

Fuck that is bad, not that much of a marked for stadiums afterall... Should have been a indoor arena tour instead?