Ticket Demand?

1 hour ago, Radio flyer said:

Yes- booking second nights at these stadiums was overreaching by the promoters. Los Angeles has TONS of seats left for night two. 

An aggressive move by the band....going for 2 nights in stadiums.  Not many acts can pull off a stadium let alone 2 nights.  Bon Jovi has done Soldier back to back and Met Life (4 shows in a week). 

3 hours ago, Radio flyer said:

Yes- booking second nights at these stadiums was overreaching by the promoters. Los Angeles has TONS of seats left for night two. 

LA looks good for night two. Boston and Chicago are struggling with the 2nd nights.

10 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

I really thought they would've done something by now to help sell these tix. I mean this is supposed to be the biggest tour of the decade. What are they doing? 

The last time Guns n' Roses played Los Angeles (The Forum), they dumped a bunch of tickets on Groupon....but that was because people didn't want to see "The Axl Band". Now, you have Slash and Duff on board but people are staying away because GNR is charging more for tickets than The Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney do......and they made the mistake on doubling down on stadiums in a untested market. 

There will be a ticket dump in the next week, so stay tuned for good deals, which is great for people that waited it out....but sucks for those of you that bought way overpriced tickets at the outset. 

5 hours ago, radioflyer said:

GNR is charging more for tickets than The Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney do......and they made the mistake on doubling down on stadiums in a untested market. 

There will be a ticket dump in the next week, so stay tuned for good deals, which is great for people that waited it out....but sucks for those of you that bought way overpriced tickets at the outset. 

Look at the Stones prices for the nearly sold out (after being on sale for less than a week) T- Mobile Arena in Vegas.  The majority of tix are $250-$750, with a good 75% of lower lever priced at $750.  The whole venue is basically sold out too.  Guns needed to play maybe 2-3 stadiums only (to prove themselves & wet the publics appetite) then maybe done SA in the fall with a winter US arena tour.  They (TB, promoters, the band) were too damn money hungry.   

7 hours ago, mikeman5150 said:

I really thought they would've done something by now to help sell these tix. I mean this is supposed to be the biggest tour of the decade. What are they doing? 

15 second social media videos. If that doesn't bring them in, nothing will!

• Like 2

Live Nation should've dumped some GNR tickets into that voucher lawsuit. There's some respectable acts on that list; Sabbath, Heart/Joan Jett/Cheap Trick, etc. Not that those guys are playing stadiums, but they could've filled a ton more seats and no one would've even noticed that the show isn't selling well. 

8 hours ago, mikeman5150 said:

Well... Axl's doing AC/DC :lol:

As much as I LOVED watching AXL/DC I think it was a bit confusing doing that in between this whole Gn'R tour. Because they did a few dates, but then AXL joined AC/DC for a while, and there hasn't been a lot of (or any?) promotion for this tour. So maybe a lot of the none hard-core fans doesn't even know what's really going on with this tour? If they're like me, I don't really check the websites every day to see what bands are playing in my country or city. But do some commercials, even on the radio and people would know... Here in Norway, when this whole Gn'R thing was announced, people were going crazy! All the newspapers writing about it, everyone was "sharing it" on facebook. Everyone was so excited!!! But then we didn't hear anything more about it as Axl was suddenly doing AC/DC.

I don't know about the ticket prices, I'm used to concerts being expensive over here.

if izzy was there, it would be way different.  they would have to pay him of course, but at least they would make the money back with full stadiums.  a big part of the problem is that izzy is not here.

Edited by nelsontod

This whole thing is a big let down to me because as soon as the first few shows are played with poor attendance, the media will rip them apart. I feel this thing we all waited so long for, will be over before we know it.  I know a lot of people said that Axl's confidence was broken with the whole Chinese democracy debacle. If the same thing happens with the highly anticipated reunion with Slash and Duff, we may never hear from Axl again . That would be a shame! 

22 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

This whole thing is a big let down to me because as soon as the first few shows are played with poor attendance, the media will rip them apart. I feel this thing we all waited so long for, will be over before we know it.  I know a lot of people said that Axl's confidence was broken with the whole Chinese democracy debacle. If the same thing happens with the highly anticipated reunion with Slash and Duff, we may never hear from Axl again . That would be a shame! 

Or he would join AC/DC full-time

29 minutes ago, nelsontod said:

if izzy was there, it would be way different.  they would have to pay him of course, but at least they would make the money back with full stadiums.  a big part of the problem is that izzy is not here.

You can't convince me that Izzy is going to move thousands of tickets.

Edited by fallglimmer
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, IDonTNeedYourCivilWar said:

They just released a lot of Floor seats up for FedEx Field. Just scored a Pit on Slash's side. Thanks to the person who said to wait until a few days away from the show to score great seats.

That's awesome! I'm glad it worked out. We can expect a lot more of these tickets being released this week so stay tuned everyone! 

On 6/20/2016 at 11:46 AM, Radio flyer said:

Tickets are just way too expensive for an untested "legacy" band playing such big venues in a volatile live market.  Arenas were the way to go, with prices more in the $50-$200 range. That would have ensured sell outs and maintained a good buzz. But nope....we're getting stadiums with 3/5 of the band while paying hundreds (and for some suckers THOUSANDS) for the pleasure. 

I still expect to see deep discounted tickets any minute now in an attempt for promoters to try and fill these seats. 

what sux is this is going to also kill a buzz for the band, if they would have done the arena thing and had sell outs, it would have created a good buzz and Guns N Roses would be seen as a cool band again, now this stadium tour is going to come and go and GNR is seeming like a band who should have died in the early 90s

32 minutes ago, fallglimmer said:

You can't convince me that Izzy is going to move thousands of tickets.

Yea...I love Izzy too, but stadium shows do not live or die based upon the inclusion of Izzy (or Steven). The vast majority of people just want Axl and Slash. Tickets have stopped selling because: 

1. The prices are absolutely insane. 

2. The promoters over saturated the market by booking two nights guys in stadiums. 

3. People are afraid of Axl pulling his old antics. 

1 hour ago, nelsontod said:

anyone who is really interested in seeing Izzy is already going to the shows, for 98% of the public it is Axl and Slash as the reunion and Izzy is an afterthought or someone they never heard of

31 minutes ago, k12 said:

anyone who is really interested in seeing Izzy is already going to the shows, for 98% of the public it is Axl and Slash as the reunion and Izzy is an afterthought or someone they never heard of

I'm really interested in seeing Izzy and I am not  going to the shows. I have absolutely no interest in watching Richard Fortus do his pirouettes. 

2 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

I'm really interested in seeing Izzy and I am not  going to the shows. I have absolutely no interest in watching Richard Fortus do his pirouettes. 

are you kidding? you live in a market where the shows are happening and you are not going to see a Axl and Slash reunion?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

I'm sure there are fans like you, but there aren't enough of you to see a massive jump in ticket sales.