Ticket Demand?

On 6/24/2016 at 9:44 AM, yourcrazy said:

I was at the Detroit show last night.  Did it sell out?   There were no empty seats, even the nose bleeds were clear full.  The Detroit free press said 41,000 people but by the looks of it is say it had to be over 50.  The crowd was good.  No crowd surfing but the place was standing the whole show and lots of singing along 

it sure looked sold out, I got to the box office at around 8:10 and I got a pit ticket at the box office, however I am pretty sure they had seats in all price ranges, however looking at the Stadium when GNR was on and they turned the lights on it sure looked sold out, I am guessing some side stage seats opened up and maybe a few other seats around the stadium did not sell

28 minutes ago, k12 said:

it sure looked sold out, I got to the box office at around 8:10 and I got a pit ticket at the box office, however I am pretty sure they had seats in all price ranges, however looking at the Stadium when GNR was on and they turned the lights on it sure looked sold out, I am guessing some side stage seats opened up and maybe a few other seats around the stadium did not sell

The whole upper level was closed off, definitely not sold out.

Mah bad, thought you were taking about DC

Edited by tsinindy

1 hour ago, k12 said:

2nd night Chicago is less than a week away, it is still seeming like it is going to be about 75% empty, are they going to cancel this show or are they going to play in front of maybe about 5,000 people?

I sure hope they don't cancel the show - I got rid of my July 1st tickets because I bought way better seats for July 3rd.  I agree it's looking bad, but it seems like they've sold a decent amount of cheap seats.  Hopefully there will be a late push of ticket sales this week, and they can move people down from the upper levels to fill in some of the of the gaps.

22 minutes ago, Use Your Delusion II said:

I sure hope they don't cancel the show - I got rid of my July 1st tickets because I bought way better seats for July 3rd.  I agree it's looking bad, but it seems like they've sold a decent amount of cheap seats.  Hopefully there will be a late push of ticket sales this week, and they can move people down from the upper levels to fill in some of the of the gaps.

Groupon ticket dump in 3....2.......

Whoever set the prices for this tour should be shot. I know a lot of people that aren't going because of the damn prices. They acted like the first Foxboro show was sold out when it wasn't.. Still tons of tickets on the floor. The second show looks about 80% empty and those tickets are heavily discounted compared to the first show. 

If you go by ticket sales for the first 2 shows which were looking to be selling just OK on ticketmasters interactive maps the tour is going to do just fine.40,000 plus at both the first 2 shows is very impressive.That would be the equivalent to selling out 3 shows plus at the LA Forum or Staples Center.

13 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

So if they average 40,000 for the tour then 1,000,000 tickets will have been sold for the NA run of 25 shows...that's pretty good! 

Yeah totally, they said 1,000,000 before any second shows were added if i remember correctly so it'll likely be more than that.

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Whoever set the prices for this tour should be shot. I know a lot of people that aren't going because of the damn prices. They acted like the first Foxboro show was sold out when it wasn't.. Still tons of tickets on the floor. The second show looks about 80% empty and those tickets are heavily discounted compared to the first show. 

How are people finding these discounted tix?  I keep looking for discounted tix to Chicago night 2 and I'm not seeing any and there have been and are a sheet-load of tix available (and this show is in less than 6 days).

4 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

How are people finding these discounted tix?  I keep looking for discounted tix to Chicago night 2 and I'm not seeing any and there have been and are a sheet-load of tix available (and this show is in less than 6 days).

For Foxboro right on ticketmaster.  Section B tickets are $280 for the first show and $155 for the second..  $155 dollar for tickets show one are $104 show 2 and so on..

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

For Foxboro right on ticketmaster.  Section B tickets are $280 for the first show and $155 for the second..  $155 dollar for tickets show one are $104 show 2 and so on..

wow, OK I'm seeing it now.  I didn't look at those sections because I'd never sit there.  But, Section B2, Row 24, Seat 10 for Chicago Night 1 is available (not a resale ticket either) for Night 1 for $250 and $150 on night 2.   Found several other examples.   Thanks!

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

wow, OK I'm seeing it now.  I didn't look at those sections because I'd never sit there.  But, Section B2, Row 24, Seat 10 for Chicago Night 1 is available (not a resale ticket either) for Night 1 for $250 and $150 on night 2.   Found several other examples.   Thanks!

Kind of fucked up huh? They could have just reduced the prices from the beginning and sold more tickets.

16 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

All floor tickets were $250 for July 1st in Chicago, and initially for July 3.  Now there are $250, $150, and $100 floor tickets.  Same for the bowl - prices were dropped a while back.  Also, a bunch of VIP tickets were converted from $750ish and $492 to standard $250 tickets.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

Kind of fucked up huh? They could have just reduced the prices from the beginning and sold more tickets.

Yah, for sure.   I'm wondering what to do here b/c I really want to go Nashville b/c Chris Stapleton is opening and someone offered to drive back as I have to be at a function for my son the next morning at 8:30 AM...but only if I buy their ticket and I wanna do pit so bad!!!

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Yah, for sure.   I'm wondering what to do here b/c I really want to go Nashville b/c Chris Stapleton is opening and someone offered to drive back as I have to be at a function for my son the next morning at 8:30 AM...but only if I buy their ticket and I wanna do pit so bad!!!

I upgraded my ticket the other day from Section B to row 9 Section A.  Could have gotten pit but I decided not to. Row 9,  Slash's side of the stage but Aisle seat right next to the center section. Was  looking at maybe a road trip to Met Life after seeing vids from the last couple shows but I don't think so.. They have improved but not enough to be shelling out this kind of money.

When this think started I was planning on hitting like 5 shows.. I think I'll have to cap it at 2.. The first Vegas show and the first Foxboro show.

56 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Actually, now a bunch of tickets in the bowl are $20-$30 with a "Travelzoo" offer code.

I know you're all gonna start hating cause you;re sensitive to this stuff - but how is it possible that Coldplay can sell out two Soldier Fields and Metlifes and REUNITED GnR cannot? I know they play 10 stadiums in US while GnR 25 but every one of Coldplay's is completely sold out... take a look at Ticketmaster the seconds Soldier Field date...

5 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I know you're all gonna start hating cause you;re sensitive to this stuff - but how is it possible that Coldplay can sell out two Soldier Fields and Metlifes and REUNITED GnR cannot? I know they play 10 stadiums in US while GnR 25 but every one of Coldplay's is completely sold out... take a look at Ticketmaster the seconds Soldier Field date...

Much wider appeal, and demographic that they appeal to.  

15 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Can't get the code to work, what do I do?

Go drunk you're home Alex :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

It's hard to compare as Coldplay did only have 10 shows as you said. Though, if you combine all the sales of the GN'R tour, you could fill up way more than 10 stadiums (but less than 25).

15 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Way less shows per tour and way cheaper ticket prices.

Even ACDC did a small amount of shows on their US stadium run

way cheaper? level 100 for Coldplay Soldier Field ranges from 150 - 360$... how is that cheaper?

33 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Much wider appeal, and demographic that they appeal to.  

Go drunk you're home Alex :)

but Guns are US band... they're playing at home... shouldn't that be taken into account..?

Edited by scooby845