Ticket Demand?

15 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Agreed. Seeing Slash play all those solos that he hadn't played in so long were definitely the highlights of the show. Estranged Especially, although that is one of the few songs that I think they pull off well overall.

Yes, this most definitely. I was watching some vids earlier and actually thought Rocket Queen is the only song that has been totally butchered. I was impressed with Nightrain from Vegas.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Use Your Delusion II said:

What happened to the off-the-charts levels of excitement on this board from just a few months ago with everyone happily scooping up tickets to Vegas at any price?

As for Vegas, those were the first two shows generally accessible to the public; it was an arena vs. a stadium; and it's fucking Las Vegas.

I happily bought four seats to those two shows, along with airfare from NJ, without a second thought. The NJ shows in July are 30 minutes from me, and I'm still undecided about going - I'd pay Vegas prices in a heartbeat to see 'em out here at MSG (or more for a smaller joint) but have a hard time ponying up anything to see 'em in a giant stadium in the swamp.

As for the excitement... if the band at least appeared to be excited about playing these shows, that excitement might be shown back at them.

52 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

Yes, this most definitely. I was watching some vids earlier and actually thought Rocket Queen is the only song that has been totally butchered. I was impressed with Nightrain from Vegas.

Not all totally butchered but most are pretty substantially flawed. 

I agree that they do a good job on Nightrain.. I think the only songs that they actually play well are Estranged, Nightrain, Out Ta Get Me and Yesterdays.. Other than that I haven't really cared for anything and they have played a good amount of songs. My Michelle could have been good but Bach ruined it..

• Like 1

15 years of Axl fucking around with his fake band is what killed the excitement for this "reunion". Not to mention that still having 2 members of that fake band as part of GNR is not good. For this to have been a big success they needed to bring everybody back. Just bringing Slash back was not enough at this point. In 2002 it would have been enough, but not now. We needed  the AFD lineup and they needed to promote the hell out of it. None of that occurred,and this is the result.

And please stop comparing this to the illusions tours. It is a totally different situation. The 2 fakes in the band now are in regardless of what Duff and Slash think about it. What should have happened is they should have gotten rid of all NUGNR, and had Slash and Duff's input on their replacements. At least it would have felt as if Slash and Duff were still part of the band as opposed to being Axl's puppets. These 2 bozos should have never been in the position of welcoming Slash and Duff back into the band with open arms, They are nothing.

P.S it also doesn't help that the drummer sucks.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SWINGTRADER said:

15 years of Axl fucking around with his fake band is what killed the excitement for this "reunion". Not to mention that still having 2 members of that fake band as part of GNR is not good. For this to have been a big success they needed to bring everybody back. Just bringing Slash back was not enough at this point. In 2002 it would have been enough, but not now. We needed  the AFD lineup and they needed to promote the hell out of it. None of that occurred,and this is the result.

And please stop comparing this to the illusions tours. It is a totally different situation. The 2 fakes in the band now are in regardless of what Duff and Slash think about it. What should have happened is they should have gotten rid of all NUGNR, and had Slash and Duff's input on their replacements. At least it would have felt as if Slash and Duff were still part of the band as opposed to being Axl's puppets. These 2 bozos should have never been in the position of welcoming Slash and Duff back into the band with open arms, They are nothing.

P.S it also doesn't help that the drummer sucks.

We're all so upset that you don't think much of this reunion. :(

Jk, we aren't :headbang:

Edited by Un42nutzly
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Un42nutzly said:

We're all so upset that you don't think much of this reunion. :(

Jk, we don't. :headbang:

I don't think much of it the way it went down. We'll find out tonight if it is at least decent musically. Axl needs to sound better than he has at anytime in the last 16 years ,and they better all put energy into the shows as well. I want to see Slash put as much effort into this as he has in his other bands. so far he looks like he is just there to collect a check. Duff on the other hand has been very good all around.

Anything less is unacceptable.

7 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

I don't think much of it the way it went down. We'll find out tonight if it is at least decent musically. Axl needs to sound better than he has at anytime in the last 16 years ,and they better all put energy into the shows as well. I want to see Slash put as much effort into this as he has in his other bands. so far he looks like he is just there to collect a check. Duff on the other hand has been very good all around.

We'll see. Axl has to take what he has learned from the Axl/DC trek and apply it to Guns N Roses. The power and the intensity HAS to be there! 

I think now that he is on his feet, we will see much more chemistry between the guys. Hopefully Slash will be more comfortable now (he seemed rather uncomfortable during the first shows.) Let's hope for the best!

Edited by Un42nutzly

12 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

Were you in Vegas?  Slash was dominant...he stole the show.  He more than made up for Axl being in the chair.  He absolutely killed it both nights.  So talented...was great to see/hear the GnR songs being played correct for the 1st time in 25 years or so.  Nu GnR (all incarnations of it) just sucked...they had no idea how to play the GnR songs.  Hell- Slash's sound even makes the CD songs sound so much better.  You wanna talk about people 'just there to collect a check'- Dizzy, Fortus, Frank, any member the past 23 years.....TB.... 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Un42nutzly said:

We'll see. Axl has to take what he has learned from the Axl/DC trek and apply it to Guns N Roses. The power and the intensity HAS to be there! 

I think now that he is on his feet, we will see much more chemistry between the guys. Hopefully Slash will be more comfortable now (he seemed rather uncomfortable during the first shows.) Let's hope for the best!

We can only hope. Hopefully Axl doesn't wear any hats. I don't know what his deal with hats is all about. He used to never be like that in the old days. He would occasionally wear a baseball cap.

Those stupid hats have almost made me miss the cornrows. I could understand if he was completely bald on the top of his head, but as the ACDC tour has shown, he has a lot of hair (even if it is not his own). Even Angus Young's wife thought he looked ridiculous and asked him to take them off.

5 minutes ago, Original said:

Were you in Vegas?  Slash was dominant...he stole the show.  He more than made up for Axl being in the chair.  He absolutely killed it both nights.  So talented...was great to see/hear the GnR songs being played correct for the 1st time in 25 years or so.  Nu GnR (all incarnations of it) just sucked...they had no idea how to play the GnR songs.  Hell- Slash's sound even makes the CD songs sound so much better.  You wanna talk about people 'just there to collect a check'- Dizzy, Fortus, Frank, any member the past 23 years.....TB.... 

oh I agree! I think Slash went out of his way during that concert to be more animated, not only that concert but all the ones they did. I think Slash is amazing and that he and Axl have...magic together!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Original said:

Slash is my favorite guitarist ever. He is the reason why I started playing guitar and bought a Gibson Les Paul. I never said anything about his playing, I am talking about his presence on stage. I expect him to stand on every part of that stage tonight. He has not really looked into it thus far. I would also like to see him take his hat off once in a while. It is like if it's glued to his head now. It doesn't allow him to be "free".

It seems like you are under the impression that I liked NUGNR. Have you not read my posts?

Edited by SWINGTRADER

1 hour ago, Philipm787 said:

Nightrain was one of the highlights of Vegas IMO. and I was impressed watching the video, we were all singing along and obviously loving it. Coma was great as well :) hell it was all great for me anyway!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichardNixon said:

Anyone who honestly  believes that Slash's  band actually  plays GN'R  songs better than  GN'R, during any lineup, needs to have his or her hearing checked. 

There must be a lot of people that need to have their hearing checked then because there is no comparison.. Take out the vocals and VR, The Conspirators and the HOF lineup all play the songs twice as good as this lineup.. All those bands play the songs pretty much spot on.. GnR2016 , not so much.. We can thank Frank and Fortus for that. Not that Axl's vocals have been great. I tried listening to Paradise City from Mexico last night and he ruined that one.  

51 minutes ago, Gibbo 27 said:

The thing thats wrecking it for me is they are playing everything to fast. I would of expected that back in the day when they were on speed hopefully they slow things down

I absolutely loved my Vegas shows, and any complaining is muted by the simple fact Axl n Slash (& Duff) are all back together. 

However- the main reason for the bitching comes down to Frank, he just sucks.  They need someone who knows how to play the Guns catalog (Matt/Steven).  Fortus- he's tolerable but give me Gilby any day over him.  Of course we all want Izzy, but who knows.......

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gibbo 27 said:

The thing thats wrecking it for me is they are playing everything to fast. I would of expected that back in the day when they were on speed hopefully they slow things down

They totally lose the Groove that is so important to their music because of this and Frank "making the songs his own". The tone and effects that Fortus uses don't work for me either.. It's too almost Metal sounding for Gn'R who's guitars were always blues influenced hard rock.. 

17 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

They totally lose the Groove that is so important to their music because of this and Frank "making the songs his own". The tone and effects that Fortus uses don't work for me either.. It's too almost Metal sounding for Gn'R who's guitars were always blues influenced hard rock.. 

Agreed on Frank 100%, even if there has been improvemens in his playing, he still fucks up so many classics, and will continue to do so, unfortunately.

I kinda disagree on Fortus though. I think it's a travesty that his guitar is louder in the mix than Slashs (this is the first and foremost major point of contention, for me anyway, regarding this reunion), but aside from that and him playing some of Slashs lead fills, I think he has been okay, he's definitely not fucking up the songs like Frank. Guns was always a better band when it was a prominent, two-guitar attack, and that's what we have now.

I'd still take Izzy and obviously Steven/Matt back in a heartbeat though?

38 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

They totally lose the Groove that is so important to their music because of this and Frank "making the songs his own".

Guns should hire her... Even she sounds better than Frank... At least we'll have two Melissas and a rival to her...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philipm787 said:

I think it's a travesty that his guitar is louder in the mix than Slashs (this is the first and foremost major point of contention, for me anyway, regarding this reunion), but aside from that and him playing some of Slashs lead fills

Those are two other big things that suck about Fortus.. I do think he fucks up some songs.. Mostly for those two reasons.  Rocket Queen is the biggest.. He is just as bad as Frank on that one..

15 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Those are two other big things that suck about Fortus.. I do think he fucks up some songs.. Mostly for those two reasons.  Rocket Queen is the biggest.. He is just as bad as Frank on that one..

Yeah but I don't think we can really blame Fortus for that, I think rocket queen in general is a hot mess but the whole band decided to play it that way. They've made it less groovy (Frank) and made it more, I don't know, fucking psychedelic or something (Slash and Fortus figuring out guitar parts).

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

There must be a lot of people that need to have their hearing checked then because there is no comparison.. Take out the vocals and VR, The Conspirators and the HOF lineup all play the songs twice as good as this lineup.. All those bands play the songs pretty much spot on.. GnR2016 , not so much.. We can thank Frank and Fortus for that. Not that Axl's vocals have been great. I tried listening to Paradise City from Mexico last night and he ruined that one.  

I thought VR did a fantastic  job on the GN'R  songs, as Scott really made "Patience" his own. Myles Kennedy, however, just kind of sucks at those songs, imho. He's  just not a good match for Slash, imho. He's a much better fit with Alter Bridge. 

Both the GNR  Vegas and Slash blu-ray came out around the same time and are from the same period, and it's not even close. GN'R circa 2012 blows Slash and Myles out of the water.

4 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I've been pretty interested in this thread, until it somehow devolved into yet another Frank Sucks discussion. Do we have to go there on every single fucking thread?

I'll try to get things back on track...what will they do (besides replace Frank) to sell more tickets in Chicago for July 3?  It looks like I might be pretty lonely on the floor.

Capture-Chicago 6-23 B.JPG