Dave Grohl and Axl Rose

On 2016-04-09 at 4:14 PM, Carne_asaDA said:

How does that sound??

It sounds awsomesouce. Aside GnR I feel that FF is the best rock band, still rocking, so to speak. And some kind of musicial collaboration would probably be top notch.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Download said:

Foo Fighters are a great rock n roll band. I'm surprised a lot of GnR fans on this board don't like them.

Me too. But they even don't like acdc :P i doubt that Dave and Axl are friends. But Dave is a Buddy of Duff and Slash. And one of them called Dave for his throne.

I hope that next time they call him for taking over the Throne at the drums. Imagine "watch this!" with some Axl lyrics <3

Edited by maxpax

15 hours ago, cpaxlvacy said:

I wonder how Axl and Dave finally became friends, because he and Nirvana hated GNR and specially Axl. 

That's what I've been wondering too. My initial thought was that Dave Grohl realized that GNR will become fucking huge now that Slash and Duff are back, so he decided that it's better not to be on Axl's wrong side anymore.

But I'm probably too cynical. Perhaps they've been on good terms longer than I even know. In fact I don't recall that Axl would ever have said bad things about Dave Grohl. Dave on the other hand... Well let's not go there.

• Like 1

Never delved too deep into Foo Fighters but I really like their first album as well as their Greatest Hits, and at least most of Wasting Light. I think they'll be remembered fondly, as will GNR. No competition, really. They're both just great bands. Plain and simple.

15 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Never delved too deep into Foo Fighters but I really like their first album as well as their Greatest Hits, and at least most of Wasting Light. I think they'll be remembered fondly, as will GNR. No competition, really. They're both just great bands. Plain and simple.

Wasting light is a great album. Would love to see Grohl on drums for a collaboration. He's an amazing drummer.

On 2016-04-10 at 4:50 AM, mikebones said:

Foo Fighters are too big right now to open GNR or any band. Besides  they're takin' a break.

This. I would really love to see some FF-GnR collaboration, but apart from what many GnR-fans seems to think, Foo Fighters ain't no everyday rock band, Foo Fighters sell out the largest stadiums themselves (probably more so than Guns N' Roses in this place in time). That said, I would be a happy fuck IF they would find ways to work/tour together.

8 minutes ago, Bono said:

:lol::lol::lol: 

Only in the delusional land of GnR fans would someone even remotely begin to think that Dave's motivation for being cool with Axl was because he realized GnR were now going to be huge again and he better get on Axl's good side. I sometimes think some of you are on steady diet of heroin, crack and meth. I mean how else do you explain that kind of thinking?

People beat the beaten and suck up to those that are popular or those who are becoming popular every single day ALL the fucking time. It's got nothing to do with GNR. It's basic human nature and there's nothing delusional about acknowledging it.

That being said, I doubt that was actually Dave's motivation here. Like I said it was simply my first impression. It's always weird when old "enemies" are all of a sudden friends.

3 hours ago, Bono said:

:lol::lol::lol: 

Only in the delusional land of GnR fans would someone even remotely begin to think that Dave's motivation for being cool with Axl was because he realized GnR were now going to be huge again and he better get on Axl's good side. I sometimes think some of you are on steady diet of heroin, crack and meth. I mean how else do you explain that kind of thinking?

After meeting you, I now totally understand the tone with which this post was made :lol:

To your point; Dave did what he did because Dave's a cool ass motherfucker, not because of some sort motivation to do with what GN'R might be about to do.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, RussTCB said:

After meeting you, I now totally understand the tone with which this post was made :lol:

To your point; Dave did what he did because Dave's a cool ass motherfucker, not because of some sort motivation to do with what GN'R might be about to do.

That's right, besides, Dave Grohl is twice as rich as Axl is, he doesn´t need to be around and beg for nothing.

On 9 April 2016 at 3:25 AM, Bansidhe said:

A poor man's Hüsker Dü.

The 00s version of Bon Jovi.

But I like One by One. 

I only have room for one melancholy rock band and that's the Manic Street Preachers. 

13 minutes ago, wasted said:

But I like One by One. 

That's like the one album almost every Foo fan hates, including the band. I thought it was ok, though.

Anyway, I don't know what the fuzz is about Dave Grohl and GnR on here. Yes, there was this little thing between Kurt and Axl, oh let's say, 24 years ago, but that doesn't mean Dave is still bitter about that... give the man at least some credits. 

Edited by EvanG

29 minutes ago, EvanG said:

That's like the one album almost every Foo fan hates, including the band. I thought it was ok, though.

Anyway, I don't know what the fuzz is about Dave Grohl and GnR on here. Yes, there was this little thing between Kurt and Axl, oh let's say, 24 years ago, but that doesn't mean Dave is still bitter about that... give the man at least some credits. 

All My Life and Days Like These are great songs. I just like the harder edge on the production. I had Songs for the Deaf by QOTSA and One By One. Thought they were solid albums. 

I think Dave was the least fucked up member of Nirvana. Kurt probably had more of a problem with Dave than Axl. 

Imagine if Dave joins GNR to play Chi dem at a show. 

15 minutes ago, wasted said:

All My Life and Days Like These are great songs. I just like the harder edge on the production. I had Songs for the Deaf by QOTSA and One By One. Thought they were solid albums. 

I think Dave was the least fucked up member of Nirvana. Kurt probably had more of a problem with Dave than Axl. 

Imagine if Dave joins GNR to play Chi dem at a show. 

True, songs like All My Life and Times Like These belong to their finest, but that album also has a lot of filler and I think that's why most fans including the band don't rate that album very high.

Grohl is a fine musician and a great drummer but he's not one of the best like many people like to think. And I'm kinda tired of seeing him pop up everywhere, he plays with so many bands and on so many records, he's been a talking head in almost every music documentary made in the last 15 years... he was even playing the freaking oscars this year. It would be nice to not see him involved with something for a change.

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

True, songs like All My Life and Times Like These belong to their finest, but that album also has a lot of filler and I think that's why most fans including the band don't rate that album very high.

Grohl is a fine musician and a great drummer but he's not one of the best like many people like to think. And I'm kinda tired of seeing him pop up everywhere, he plays with so many bands and on so many records, he's been a talking head in almost every music documentary made in the last 15 years... he was even playing the freaking oscars this year. It would be nice to not see him involved with something for a change.

He's a monster drummer but I don't think Foo Fighters are a great band even objectively. Music is okay I just don't identify with Dave or the lyrics. The average guy just never appeals to me because I'm average, I want to see a meglomaniac asshole stick it to the man. Or at least bring some fiah. I don't need a sound track to my mediocrity. I want the devil to be raised and burned. Angel Dust, In Utero, CD, Holy Bible, Sonic Temple, Rust In Peace!

• Like 1