04/09/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

RussTCB

9 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

I'm worried about the gap between the last April's show and the beggining of the stadium tour. Axl's had his best first show since 2009. I hope he keeps rehearsing to keep it up, because his voice sounds very good.

To be fair he nailed the Canada shows, and I think Axl knows how important to keep trim and his voice relatively on point. It may not be quite as raspy again but its clear he is putting in effort so I think that won't make much of a difference.

Ax; has got that same spark back that he had at that 02 show with Duff for the first time.

Edited by koldweather
  • Like 1

I'm so glad I stayed up to watch the show on King Fede's Periscope. That guy is a legend, I will he could follow them on the whole tour to film each show for us. When they played Don't Cry last night I was so happy for him haha. I also enjoyed talking to everyone during the show in the chatroom.

But yeah, killer show all around.....Axl's vocals really blew me away. The band killed it (sans Frank during some songs....) Izzy is my fave so of course I wish he was there, but Fortus honestly really impressed me, I think he's great. The Baz cameo made me really happy, he's such a fanboy.

Two epic shows this weekend all around!!! I'm so happy for everyone who got to see it live, I'm even more excited for my show in Chicago. Now bring on Coachella!!!

3 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

Since when is that a for sure thing and time?

Look up the acdc tour time table, all the shows fit the GNR tour gap perfectly, and end on Jun 12. No one is sure it will be Axl, and the perfect tour scheduling may be a coincidence, but its very likely, I mean, the dude was spoted caming out the same studio with the acdc gang... ?

31 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Ok, let's not get crazy over here. Axl was great on the last show, but he's still not as good as in 2010. He's getting there, but he's not there yet and Paradise City was much raspier in 2010.

Just a reminder:

I stand corrected. It was the best PC vocal performance since 2010.

1 minute ago, DocArunas said:

Look up the acdc tour time table, all the shows fit the GNR tour gap perfectly, and end on Jun 12. No one is sure it will be Axl, and the perfect tour scheduling may be a coincidence, but its very likely, I mean, the dude was spoted caming out the same studio with the acdc gang... ?

He's supposed to do US tour, not EU.

35 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Ok, let's not get crazy over here. Axl was great on the last show, but he's still not as good as in 2010. He's getting there, but he's not there yet and Paradise City was much raspier in 2010.

Just a reminder:

Keep in mind he is sitting breathing isn't what it's supposed to be. You just can't sing as well sitting down. Props for what he's done

16 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Did you record the whole show? Looking forward to hearing it man :)

Yep, recorded the whole thing. 

Sounds decent to good to me through my laptop speakers. I'm sure TOS will be able to help it out too. There's issues with the recorder like how it "auto-levels" the sound. So when fireworks go off in a song, the music that follows it gets really low for a bit. I think he can fix that type of stuff though, so we'll see how it ends up. He should be able to get it up for everyone at some point today and hopefully he's able to fix it up!

• Like 2

Thank you everybody for their reviews. I can't wait for the Texas dates! I am relieved that they included Chinese songs. I have to get used to the new way Better is being played. Not digging it, yet! I am glad Axl is doing now , than later. Axl is looking a little bit older than his age already. 

I watched the whole show again on periscope. 

Cons: 
Speed on Rocket Queen, YCBM and DTJ. They decided to play it like that and it's just stupid.
Frank's missed beats here and there.
Axl was awful on YCBM.
Better solo isn't good.

Pros: Everything else! 

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yep, recorded the whole thing. 

Sounds decent to good to me through my laptop speakers. I'm sure TOS will be able to help it out too. There's issues with the recorder like how it "auto-levels" the sound. So when fireworks go off in a song, the music that follows it gets really low for a bit. I think he can fix that type of stuff though, so we'll see how it ends up. He should be able to get it up for everyone at some point today and hopefully he's able to fix it up!

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Just a reminder:

That might be right for this PC but today's show was great with regard to the other songs. And we can finally see some real gnr legacy. And not just a good gnr cover band...

45 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

@TOS--LOA has volunteered to clean up my audio from last nights show (THANK YOU!). I asked him to share it with the community as soon as he's got it sounding as good as he can. I'll be tied up all day today so I'm really happy someone else was able to step in and help out.

Hope it sounds good to everyone and conveys exactly how awesome the night was!

thanks to both of you! stoked to hear it B-)

• Like 2

I keep thinking on it and the only shows that I can think of that are even in the discussion on whether or not this was the greatest concert I've ever seen are Roger Waters The Wall (as I mentioned) and Jack White at the Masonic Temple on the Lazaretto Tour.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

I'm worried about the gap between the last April's show and the beggining of the stadium tour. Axl's had his best first show since 2009. I hope he keeps rehearsing to keep it up, because his voice sounds very good.

I would guess that they will have a larger stage/production for the summer so he'd probably have to be at rehearsal at some point.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I keep thinking on it and the only shows that I can think of that are even in the discussion on whether or not this was the greatest concert I've ever seen are Roger Waters The Wall (as I mentioned) and Jack White at the Masonic Temple on the Lazaretto Tour.

And GnR Detroit 2012!

Seriously, Vegas 1 GnR show was my favorite