Izzy and steven

28 minutes ago, izzy92 said:

We can agree he wants to be involved based on his twitter posts right?

We can agree he's done guest spots with GNR for every tour right?

We can agree a stipulation of his was that Adler would play?

We see from multiple reports that Adler was supposed to play. Izzy denied involvement before Adler hurt himself but after Adler was on board, which leaves 3 possible outcomes for why he isn't playing.

1) He wanted original lineup only (makes no sense as he's played/guested with every lineup since 1985)

2) He wanted a full time spot and no Richard (makes no sense because of course Axl is going to play chidem songs which he'd have no interest in/ability to play)

3) He got lowballed while everyone else makes massive amounts of cash. Alternatively he wanted to be an additional spot alongside Richard. Either way they denied a full time slot and/or $ to a founder who wanted to return for fear of over splitting the pie.

You don't know shit, your speculation and assumptions are not fact.

• Like 3

I'm surprised how much debate there is over Alder. Tell me Adler's not involved, my mind quickly recalls the various legitimate reasons why he shouldn't be and I go on with my day. 

I don't care about his "sense of swing", he has the potential to derail the whole thing and nobody in Vegas was thinking "I wish Steven Adler was here" during Slash's solos. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

nobody in Vegas was thinking "I wish Steven Adler was here" during Slash's solos. 

Maybe during the Rocket Queen solo.. I haven't seen Saturday's rendition but Fridays was a disaster all the way around starting with the drums.

54 minutes ago, Kill_YourIdols said:

You don't know shit, your speculation and assumptions are not fact.

I know some people on here have a hard time with reality when they spent 7 years of their lives praying CD would come out while being lied to the whole time

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

I can't agree with what you are saying because I don't know the true facts,there are a lot of assumptions and opinions but not facts.

Izzy has said not at this time and a lot of cryptic tweets which can be perceived different ways by different people.

I do appreciate your passion for Izzy and I also hope he does join even though we don't know how long 'this' will last.

That makes perfect sense! All I'm saying is Izzy wants in, and if he wants in he should be in no questions asked with an equal share of the profits, and if not he should be in with a share proportional to the amount of the show he plays. That SHOULD be contingent upon him agreeing to show up for every show and as such be an advertised asset. That's all! Now that tickets have gone on sale it is clear that that level of involvement is impossible, so if anything it will probably have to be 3-4 songs at random shows. 

3 minutes ago, izzy92 said:

I know some people on here have a hard time with reality when they spent 7 years of their lives praying CD would come out while being lied to the whole time

What the fuck are you even on about? You must have live in a very interesting ''reality'' if you think your personal opinions are fact.

5 hours ago, izzy92 said:

Info a fact, will come out sooner or later.

Writing credits:

Izzy (23 Songs, 5 entirely solo)

Nightrain (permanently in the set)

Out ta Get Me

Brownstone (permanent)

Paradise City (Permanent)

My Michelle (Sometimes)

Think About You

Sweet Child (Permanent)

Anything Goes

Reckless Life

Patience (Sometimes) (written solo)

Used to Love Her

You're Crazy

Right Next Door to Hell

Dust N Bones

Don't Cry (Sometimes)

Perfect Crime

You Ain't The First

Bad Obsession

Double Talkin Jive

Bad Apples

14 Years

Pretty Tied Up

You Could Be Mine (Permanent)

Duff (8 songs, 1 entirely solo)

It's so Easy (Permanent)

Nightrain (Permanent)

Dust N Bones

Bad Apples

Civil War (Permanent)

Get In The Ring

So Fine

There's no contest.

On top of this:

Izzy started the damn band.

Izzy is the first to get sober, stays on in the hopes the rest of the guys will follow. Gets asked to go on salary (LOL). Now that they've finally gotten clean and sober and are all friends again, once again Izzy is the one who gets totally shafted.

Izzy is Axl's childhood friend.

Izzy showed up to every single show on time and ready to play.

Izzy has supported every single project any band member has put out, has guested with VR and has guested with Axl's GNR.

Duff gets wasted every day of the UYI tour. 

Duff trashes Axl all day long from 2004-2007.

Duff only becomes friends with Axl again 3 years ago.

How in god's name does it make any sense that Duff would make 4x as much as Izzy in a hypothetical full AFD reunion? Because he moves around the stage more? It's a huge disservice that people sit here all day and say "oh it's because he's mysterious" or "oh it's because he'd rather do his own thing". No chance!! This is all about the original 3 not paying him what he deserves.

GnR LIES :lol:

1 hour ago, Kill_YourIdols said:

What the fuck are you even on about? You must have live in a very interesting ''reality'' if you think your personal opinions are fact.

At this point debating this is the same as debating whether OJ was innocent or not. You didn't stand there and watch it happen but in the end it's pretty fucking obvious to most except those with a room temperature IQ.

I mean really, we're going to sit here for three weeks debating the secret meanings of a steelers wheel song but don't look back at the well established track record of a guy who's been out there for 30 years? Such a brainwashed fanbase resulting from the CD b/s delays and false promises that would rather spend 6 years with a decoder ring from a captain crunch box instead of examining actual facts.

Edited by izzy92

I'd like to think that the lack of Steven and Izzy is a brilliant marketing plan. They know fans are going to spend whatever it takes to see Slash Axl and Duff in 2016. 

2017, the 30 year mark for Appetite, they do it all again with Steven and Izzy and we all cough up our cold hard cash a second time :). 

Just conjecture :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, izzy92 said:

At this point debating this is the same as debating whether OJ was innocent or not. You didn't stand there and watch it happen but in the end it's pretty fucking obvious to most except those with a room temperature IQ.

I mean really, we're going to sit here for three weeks debating the secret meanings of a steelers wheel song but don't look back at the well established track record of a guy who's been out there for 30 years? Such a brainwashed fanbase resulting from the CD b/s delays and false promises that would rather spend 6 years with a decoder ring from a captain crunch box instead of examining actual facts.

We're not debating shit, you're trying to pass off what you think happened as fact, I'm merely pointing out its stupid to do so since we don't actually have any idea what's been going behind the scenes, the CD stuff is just unrelated bullshit you're projecting onto me, again trying to pass your opinion as fact. :facepalm:

• Like 1

None of us have a clue about any of this... so speculate all you want, but no one is right until the "truth" comes out. Whatever that may be.

I do think if Axl's initial goal is to re introduce the band to the world in this hybrid form for a money tour, then we may actually see an album happen. That may be his real goal, and these are the people he sees being committed long term and wanting to work with them. Who knows.

Edited by Ak1nney

Axl, Slash and Duff have been managing various aspects of Guns N' Roses' catalogue and brand for the past 25 years. They've put their time and money into that. They took Universal to court when they felt the need to do so. Even when they were feuding there was a lot of work behind the scenes with licensing and such that had to be handled continually. They're the ones managing the legalities and logistics of this tour. Sure as shit they should be getting more than anyone else because they're doing more work, and have been, than anyone else. 

Edited by stella
  • Like 4

On 4/10/2016 at 8:06 PM, SWINGTRADER said:

If I had to choose which one to have right now, it would be Steven Adler. His drumming would make a world of difference. These songs have not sounded the way they were meant to sound since he was fired. Frank is a mess.

Matt Sorum is not the answer since he sucks on AFD material. And if you listen to Steven's play on the UYI stuff, you can see he Matt messed those up as well.

Agreed. If I had to choose between only 1 of them right now, it'd be Steven since they're touring mainly AFD and UYI tunes. Frank is butchering a number of AFD tracks and it's killing the show for audiophiles. Steven knows UYI tunes and started recording for UYI, but Matt eventually redid most of the parts. Point being, Steven is far better at the GNR sound. Or, worst case scenario, Matt could fill in for touring.

However, if the band actually wanted to record new material, Steven and Izzy would both be required since Izzy's just as good of a songwriter as Axl. He's also a better pairing with Slash than Fortus.

In an ideal world, I would love to see the original 5 all up there. However, I think Steven is a real risk in terms of a full tour not because of his ability but due to his other activities. It would be great though to see him invited up to do some songs for a few shows at the very least. He's been wishing for this for 26 years. 

In terms of Izzy - I really don't know why he isn't involved full time. I think he wants to be, and the reason may be financial but we're just speculating. 

If I had to pick out of the two, I would want Izzy up there over Steven. He wrote a lot of the songs and he played on the Illusions albums as well as Appetite, whereas Steven only played on Appetite and Lies. 

I'm hoping something can be worked out with Izzy for later on in the tour. 

12 hours ago, izzy92 said:

Duff (8 songs, 1 entirely solo)

It's so Easy (Permanent)

Nightrain (Permanent)

Dust N Bones

Bad Apples

Civil War (Permanent)

Get In The Ring

So Fine

What are you trying to do, man? There's almost no one here who wouldn't love to see Izzy up there with them so I really don't understand what your issue is. We simply don't know why Izzy isn't part of it, there can be so many reasons... don't try to act like you have it all figured out because you have read his tweets... I mean, seriously?

Besides, Duff also helped writing Rocket Queen and Welcome To The Jungle and who knows what else, so your ''facts'' about who wrote what don't even make any sense. But that's beside the point anyway.

Edited by EvanG

A rational explanation of why Izzy and Adler wasn't invited is that they differ from the other three in one important factor:
Regular touring. Axl, Slash and Duff has been regularly played relatively large venues for a long time and are "professional" live-musicians, you can't say the same about Izzy and Adler. This doesn't explain why Sorum isn't there though. Maybe they saw Richard and Frank as a package deal since they seem like they've been great friends from the get-go and everybody wanted Richard in?

Adler would be great on-stage to play the Appetite tracks, but he's a liability on a tour; Frank might be the band's worst drummer in their history, but he at least seems as much of a team player/ass-kisser as Dizzy Reed to handle his tour duties responsibly

Couldn't care less if Izzy shows up or not, can't imagine him adding anything that Fortus hasn't already been contributing besides a nostalgia act

3 hours ago, Gackt said:

Couldn't care less if Izzy shows up or not, can't imagine him adding anything that Fortus hasn't already been contributing besides a nostalgia act

Not overly impressed with Fortus.. He plays too loud for a rhythm player and get's too cute. Less is more in some cases and his rendition of the Rocket Queen riffs suck.  He also tries to be too flashy on things like Izzy's Nightrain solo.. These are iconic parts of songs, calm your ego and play them right. That may have been great to make the songs your own during the CD era, but that was also why a lot of people didn't like that era.

Watching the videos his shit is turned up louder than Slash's half the time.. This was recognizable immediately during It's So Easy at the Troubador.

37 minutes ago, starlight said:

Sadly I think Axl is not interested in an AFD reunion he wants to continue with NuGNR with just Slash and Duff back

Sadly? No. I prefer this much more as it has a chance to be a functional band to what would be a one-off nostalgia tour or a few shows.

2 minutes ago, Asia said:

Sadly? No. I prefer this much more as it has a chance to be a functional band to what would be a one-off nostalgia tour or a few shows.

I disagree. with Izzy they could write new material and with Adler playing the songs it would be much more GN'R, the magic would be back but let's see Slash and Duff in the band is a huge step indeed

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, starlight said:

I disagree. with Izzy they could write new material and with Adler playing the songs it would be much more GN'R, the magic would be back but let's see Slash and Duff in the band is a huge step indeed

Izzy would be huge to make it sound like Guns but I would even be happy if it was just Axl, Slash and Duff recording... The thought of Frank and Fortus recording is a turn off.