Izzy and steven

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Izzy would be huge to make it sound like Guns but I would even be happy if it was just Axl, Slash and Duff recording... The thought of Frank and Fortus recording is a turn off.

it would end like a CD type of album part 3 plus the green hair one I can't even think about it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, starlight said:

Sadly I think Axl is not interested in an AFD reunion he wants to continue with NuGNR with just Slash and Duff back

We simply don't know the reasons why Izzy isn't involved at this moment in time. Whenever Izzy has been performing with Axl, the frontman has been happy to have him. 

16 minutes ago, Original said:

After Vegas- I really don't need Steven or Izzy...and I fucking loved original Guns, but Vegas kicked so much ass I could care less now about Izzy n Steven's return. 

I also thought Vegas was great but I can't agree with you there.. This thing could be so much better without Frank and Fortus. Frank especially.. He is ok on the Illusions stuff but really blows on the Appetite songs. Doesn't even have to be Steven... Just grab someone out of a Gn'R tribute band if you have to. 

Vegas was great due to Slash, Duff and Axl... The parts that were sub par were on Frank and Fortus..

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

I also thought Vegas was great but I can't agree with you there.. This thing could be so much better without Frank and Fortus. Frank especially.. He is ok on the Illusions stuff but really blows on the Appetite songs. Doesn't even have to be Steven... Just grab someone out of a Gn'R tribute band if you have to. 

Vegas was great due to Slash, Duff and Axl... The parts that were sub par were on Frank and Fortus..

Well yeah I agree I guess- Frank struggles/the drumming is off.  But I'm not gonna sweat it, I'm still on my post Vegas high.  Been youtubing on/off at work today. 

Given the magnitude of the tour and the fact that Steven is barely even a professional musician, well at least not on the level of the others, I would settle for a few guest appearances by him and let Frank stay. He seems like a great guy and he seems to get along great with everybody. No need to kick him out for Sorum either, I don't think it would be positive for Axl's mental health to have the VR trio as a group within the group. 

Fortus on the other hand... I have no opinions on him, don't know what he contributes at all, It would be great to have Izzy on full time instead if he wants to be there. 

I still dont understand people who say Adler is not capable to pull out the entire tour... If Guns were to bring him in he would play 7 songs of appetite plus patience and civil war... and let frank have everything else...what's the problem?

• Like 1

That this tour is likely to last two years during which he'd need to stay concentrated, focused, reliable, sober and ready night after night and how many months sober is he? What are the chances that the life on tour with all the excitement, the partying, the meeting of hundreds of new people, the alcohol and drugs galore everywhere will soon lure him in and that will be it? Unfortunately I think the chances are high. Plus he's got a pretty specific personality, so to speak, being on tour with a band like this, with Duff, Slash and, particularly, Axl requires some ability to compromise, to let go of certain things and Steven is likely to be the first to start little wars over everything because he is right and Axl is wrong or whatever. That is why I think taking Steven might be a very risky business. There was a rumour floating around that Duff shares this view...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Original said:

After Vegas- I really don't need Steven or Izzy...and I fucking loved original Guns, but Vegas kicked so much ass I could care less now about Izzy n Steven's return. 

I do need Izzy. I love Fortus, but Izzy is the man.

• Like 1

Writer Mick Wall has revealed that Steven Adler injured his back while rehearsing with Guns N’ Roses, and that he was set to perform with the band at the Troubadour last Friday. He also hinted at surprises on tour, which may include Adler pending his health.

“I know some who were there. And they tell me it’s all true, it’s all for real. That Steven actually was going to be there too but he hurt his back during rehearsals. They also told me some other things which I feel a douche for keeping to myself, but I’ve never been into spoilers. Why ruin the fun? This is the year when the fun is finally back to taunt us.”

http://www.alternativenation.net/ex-guns-n-roses-member-wasnt-asked-reunion/

1 hour ago, izzyzz said:

It's been noted on this site before. Many people don't buy the back injury claim, and think that it's a public excuse being given to protect Steven's privacy.  Others who actually WERE there, such as Eddie Trunk, have been noticeably uncomfortable when asked about Adler.

I haven't been an active member of this forum for at least 11 years....crazy. 

I am a LONGTIME fan. I saw GNR in '88 opening for Aerosmith, the first shows without Izzy at The Centrum in '91, Metallica/GNR at Foxboro in '92 and the Axl-led GNR at The Forum like 5 years ago. Bottom line: I think it's an absolute MIRACLE that any of this is happening at all.

Izzy does not want any part of this, and hasn't since 1991....and I totally understand his point of view. If you want to hear Izzy play some music, he still puts solo records our fairly regularly, and a lot of it has Duff on it. 

Steven is actually the one that concerns me. I had a ticket to see Adler at The Whisky and thought for sure that he was going to be a part of the reunion, at least as a guest for a few AFD songs. If it is a back surgery, he needs to be careful with the slippery slope of pain meds. GNR playing without his could easily be a trigger for him to fall off the wagon again, so I sincerely hope that he can be involved in some way down the line. 

HOWEVER....if Steven is still dealing with a drug issue, then he NEEDS a "brick wall consequence"....which in his case would be GNR reuniting without him. 

This now could be about Steven: 

"What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Some men you just can't reach...
So, you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it!
Well, he gets it!
N' I don't like it any more than you men."

Edited by radioflyer
  • Like 1

I buy the back injury claim. But in a way that makes it even scarier. Back injuries are no joke and usually come with some hefty pain-killers. That would suck. Really, really suck if he has worked so hard to stay clean then has to deal with the potential of being caught by this. 

21 hours ago, stella said:

It's been noted on this site before. Many people don't buy the back injury claim, and think that it's a public excuse being given to protect Steven's privacy.  Others who actually WERE there, such as Eddie Trunk, have been noticeably uncomfortable when asked about Adler.

maybe steven relapsed

• Like 1

21 hours ago, radioflyer said:

Izzy does not want any part of this, and hasn't since 1991....and I totally understand his point of view. If you want to hear Izzy play some music, he still puts solo records our fairly regularly, and a lot of it has Duff on it. 

Marc Canter stated that Izzy was interested in reuniting with GNR as far as seven years ago (or something). It also seems by his constant axl-solo tour guest appearances and by his recent twitter activity that he still wants to reunite with GNR. Why is he not there? No one outside of GNR really knows.

I'm glad that Steven and Izzy are not involved and i always thought it was quite obvious that they wouldn't be if Axl and Slash got back together.

Axl himself stated a year or 2 back that Slash and Duff were the only 2 that he really thought could pull it off.  I mean, think about it.  Izzy hasn't toured since the early 90's!  Why on earth would they think he'd suddenly be able to pull off a world tour?  Would you trust him to suddenly do a full tour?

As for Steven, since he was fired from Guns, nobody has worked on a project with him.  That tells me that they don't want to be seriously inolved with him on any level.

Finally, a reunion of the original 5 would be very nostalgic.  Slash and Duff rejoining is kind of business as usual and hopefully gives us a better chance of new music.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Original GNR said:

Let's not forget how good Steven's drumming is on KOHD:

Another great song that GnR2016 sucks at...

15 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Finally, a reunion of the original 5 would be very nostalgic.  Slash and Duff rejoining is kind of business as usual and hopefully gives us a better chance of new music.

Meh.. New music with Frank, Fortus and Punky Brewster isn't very exciting

On 4/12/2016 at 11:38 AM, scooby845 said:

I still dont understand people who say Adler is not capable to pull out the entire tour... If Guns were to bring him in he would play 7 songs of appetite plus patience and civil war... and let frank have everything else...what's the problem?

Him inevitably wanting to play more than they offered him, partying like it's 1988, showing up in no shape to perform and causing problems in a delicate situation that's going smoothly so far.

• Like 1