Does Axl and Slash's reunion inspire anyone else?

For many years, three things seemed certain: Death, taxes, and the fact that Slash and Axl would die without ever sharing a stage again, or even talking to one another.
They've stunned the world by not only reuniting, but also seeming to be friends again, trading smiles and having all the chemistry they had a lifetime ago be still intact - as if they'd never been apart.

Given all the animosity that existed between these for almost a generation's worth of time, and the fact that it seemed like Hell would freeze over before they reunited, does their reunion hit anyone else emotionally and inspire anyone else?

If these two guys could get it together, anything, really, is possible. Not just in music, but in life as well...
Anyone agree?

I remember Axl saying "Axl: I understand the "romantic" thing, the desire, the fantasy. Personally I haven't wanted other bands to reunite, or really enjoyed it when they have. For me generally something always seemed missing."

for some reason outside of the obvious missing members this reunion so far has felt very natural, it looks right...I don't see that missing aspect yet and for the fans it's been enjoyable based on the reviews. Nobody that was in Vegas this weekend looked or sounded disappointed...everyone was in awe. I don't think every band could pull that off, people really feel good about this band in the sense that they are still capable of pulling it off. 

Only 3 shows in things can change but they are hitting on all cylinders right now. 

Edited by IncitingChaos

2 hours ago, Carne_asaDA said:

Billy Corgan and James Iha.

Considering that Billy doesn't wanna publicly talk about how their reunion came about, I wouldn't be surprised if GNR inspired it somehow. He's spoken constantly about how he looks up to Axl.

As for me, the reunion has made me realize that fallouts I've had with friends could potentially be mended at some point, I suppose, but I'm not really holding my breath hoping to get a call from any of them someday. Besides, part of what lead Axl and Slash reconciling probably had to do with so many people wanting it, whereas in my own personal life nobody really gives a fuck if I make peace with John Smith or John Doe or whoever. Still awesome that Axl and Slash are back together, tho! If anything it inspires me to see that anything is possible, really. Hope their new united venture lasts a long time.

thinking well adele song was a teaser of reunion 

Hello
It's me
I was wondering if after all these years
You'd like to meet
To go over
Everythin

Hello
Can you hear me?
I'm in California dreaming about who we used to be
When we were younger
And free
I've forgotten how it felt before the world fell at our feet
:lol:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HeartbreakerWoman said:

For many years, three things seemed certain: Death, taxes, and the fact that Slash and Axl would die without ever sharing a stage again, or even talking to one another.
They've stunned the world by not only reuniting, but also seeming to be friends again, trading smiles and having all the chemistry they had a lifetime ago be still intact - as if they'd never been apart.

Given all the animosity that existed between these for almost a generation's worth of time, and the fact that it seemed like Hell would freeze over before they reunited, does their reunion hit anyone else emotionally and inspire anyone else?

If these two guys could get it together, anything, really, is possible. Not just in music, but in life as well...
Anyone agree?

Totally!!

3 hours ago, Lucky girl said:

thinking well adele song was a teaser of reunion 

Hello
It's me
I was wondering if after all these years
You'd like to meet
To go over
Everythin

Hello
Can you hear me?
I'm in California dreaming about who we used to be
When we were younger
And free
I've forgotten how it felt before the world fell at our feet
:lol:

I thought of that too when I hear Hello a couple of months ago! ;)

• Like 1

The bands that have done reunion tours didn't seem to do it just for the money, but because they were still able to deliver a show and wanted to bring those songs out to a new generation. 

I felt that they were going to reunite in private, have a looseknit get together with friends and family at a private Troubadour gig and celebrate their accomplishments, and then maybe tour once they felt the chemistry again. 

There's a "now or never" to this, if they tried this in 5-10 years it might not have gone as well. 

7 hours ago, Lucky girl said:

maybe  Spices girls:lol:  look the clip there is one kind of girl to represent female version of each GNR member :lol:  

Yes, of course. They "modeled" and contracted the Spice Girls after seeing the member's chemistry in GNR. That's another reason why the operation was so successful.

Good eye.

8 hours ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

You make me want to be a better man. :P

Seriously though,  I hope it inspires Richie Sambora and Jon Bon Jovi to reunite. They haven't been broken up long, so might as well get back at it right  now.

I hope it won't. Richie should promote his solo career, Bon Jovi have made terrible music for years now.

A Skid Row reunion though...