Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Actually I listen to a lot of bootlegs and Slash used to talk to the audience quite a bit in the early days around 87/88.. There was even a part every show where Axl would introduce him and he would come out and talk for a minute or two before introducing a song.

Since then not so much though.  Even in the Conspirators he didn't say a whole lot though he usually does say little something. 

I certainly don't think Axl has him under a gag order onstage though. If he wants to say something he will. 

I think without Mr. Brownstone, Jack Daniel's, and Coke pumping through his system, Slash is a very very shy person and that is why we've seen less microphone time from him after he dropped all of his habits and got clean.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Actually I listen to a lot of bootlegs and Slash used to talk to the audience quite a bit in the early days around 87/88.. There was even a part every show where Axl would introduce him and he would come out and talk for a minute or two before introducing a song.

Since then not so much though.  Even in the Conspirators he didn't say a whole lot though he usually does say little something. 

I certainly don't think Axl has him under a gag order onstage though. If he wants to say something he will. 

Axl isn't exactly being a chatterbox himself at the minute. I don't think they have fully loosened up yet and are fully aware the first few shows have been under intense scrutiny.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GNRfan2008 said:

I think without Mr. Brownstone, Jack Daniel's, and Coke pumping through his system, Slash is a very very shy person and that is why we've seen less microphone time from him after he dropped all of his habits and got clean.

I agree 100%. He was much more confident addressing those crowds in the early days..

"HEYYYYY FUCKERRRSS!!!!! Let me have some house lights, I can't see these people"  That was also him yelling at the beginning of Live Like A Suicide\LIES... I just can't see him yelling at all these days.

1 hour ago, Homefuck said:

Please elaborate on how "Axl's been doing everything in his power to keep Slash as far away from the spotlight as possible". Do you have inside information?

Yeah I haven't notice anything that Axl has been doing to keep Slash out of the spotlight. Slash rarely spoke at shows in the 80s and 90s,  there was no press release and I haven't heard anything about a gag order. There is nothing to suggest any of this.

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Seriously?  Good lord.

When did Axl announce a reunion?  For that matter, it's never been called a reunion.  Slash is a former member, so that's a fact.

No one is doing interviews....and you can't say for sure that is Axls call...or not.

who cares if he says anything or not...and formerly he rarely said much.  Again who knows if this is intent or not and who is responsible if so.  No I don't find it weird at all myself.  He never said good evening or good night, but usually (when in GnR at least) stumbled to the mic and would say something to the effect of "what's happening fuckers".  Not sure that was all that frequent of an occurrence either.

maybe you're right, but maybe you're not.  But you don't "know".

Yeah, Slash never spoke much while in GN'R ...just like you said, other than the occasional "hey f'ers" type thing. 

I didn't follow VR and his solo projects much.  Did he talk more while on stage with them? 

56 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Seriously?  Good lord.

When did Axl announce a reunion?  For that matter, it's never been called a reunion.  Slash is a former member, so that's a fact.

No one is doing interviews....and you can't say for sure that is Axls call...or not.

who cares if he says anything or not...and formerly he rarely said much.  Again who knows if this is intent or not and who is responsible if so.  No I don't find it weird at all myself.  He never said good evening or good night, but usually (when in GnR at least) stumbled to the mic and would say something to the effect of "what's happening fuckers".  Not sure that was all that frequent of an occurrence either.

maybe you're right, but maybe you're not.  But you don't "know".

Of course I don't know, it's in the given isn't it? Unless I state I'm an insider and the Axl's wife that he never admitted to have it's obvious that anything I write is a speculation just as anything anybody else writes in here.

I actually have the impression, adding those facts that I've just enumerated, that Axl is being cautious not to make Slash's position in GN'R too important again. As if he was still trying to play it safe emphasizing that Guns N'Roses is still the Axl Rose band. Maybe it is all just a coincidence, but maybe not.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I agree 100%. He was much more confident addressing those crowds in the early days..

"HEYYYYY FUCKERRRSS!!!!! Let me have some house lights, I can't see these people"  That was also him yelling at the beginning of Live Like A Suicide\LIES... I just can't see him yelling at all these days.

Do you not think that was partly just exuberance of youth? I know he's a rockstar so not exactly like the rest of us but as a rule people calm down with age whatever their status.

Anyhow, this is all getting a bit off topic so maybe we should leave it there. :lol:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

I didn't follow VR and his solo projects much.  Did he talk more while on stage with them? 

I think he talks even less in his solo gigs than the old school GN'R gigs. No alcohol or drugs to help loosen him up. The guitar is his security blanket on stage and he focuses on that to help him deal with his natural shyness.

• Like 1

Yeah, Slash never spoke much while in GN'R ...just like you said, other than the occasional "hey f'ers" type thing. 

He spoke at almost every show with Myles Kennedy. He introduced him, always said something after paradise city and something always before the encore. 

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

Do you not think that was partly just exuberance of youth? I know he's a rockstar so not exactly like the rest of us but as a rule people calm down with age whatever their status.

I think that this is true. Also, Slash just seemed very focused andl looked like he was trying to concentrate.

PS - when are the mods going to open an AXL/DC section. I for one can't wait for the setlist discussion.:P

2 minutes ago, The Archer said:

I think that this is true. Also, Slash just seemed very focused andl looked like he was trying to concentrate.

PS - when are the mods going to open an AXL/DC section. I for one can't wait for the setlist discussion.:P

Soon hopefully. I'll have a word with @downzyto see what the plan is.

What are your top three songs to hear him sing?

6 minutes ago, Asia said:

Of course I don't know, it's in the given isn't it? Unless I state I'm an insider and the Axl's wife that he never admitted to have it's obvious that anything I write is a speculation just as anything anybody else writes in here.

I actually have the impression, adding those facts that I've just enumerated, that Axl is being cautious not to make Slash's position in GN'R too important again. As if he was still trying to play it safe emphasizing that Guns N'Roses is still the Axl Rose band. Maybe it is all just a coincidence, but maybe not.

Axl is well aware of Slash's importance.  He smiled every time before introducing him in the Vegas shows...and said either 'this guy needs no introduction, but I'll introduce him anyway' or ' you guys may know this guy in the top hat'.  And the crowd went ballistic after both introductions.  

Axl knows exactly how important Slash is to GN'R.

• Like 1

Just now, alfierose said:

Soon hopefully. I'll have a word with @downzyto see what the plan is.

What are your top three songs to hear him sing?

I don't think a top three is enough and this is going to constantly change, but right now it is - 

Rocker

Kicked in the Teeth

Shot down in flames

What about you?

• Like 1

Just now, The Archer said:

I don't think a top three is enough and this is going to constantly change, but right now it is - 

Rocker

Kicked in the Teeth

Shot down in flames

What about you?

I'm not sure, I fully admit to not being more than a a casual, know the hits, AC/DC type fan. The only reason I'm going to see this is for Axl. I imagine I'm exactly who the AC/DC fan base will hate. :lol::facepalm:

I am making an effort to check out their stuff beyond what I know, seems impolite not to, so ask me again in a few weeks. ;)

• Like 1

I might be wrong but I think that up untill the end of the real GNR Slash used to say something at every show or almost every show. Even if it was just Hey Fuckers, are you having a good time or what and that it was just a way of greeting the audience as the second host in the show sort of thing. And he definitely ain't doing it now. I don't know why or whatever but it seems as if he didn't want to put himself at the helm whether it is something Axl demanded of him or just he feels it would not be appropriate things being as they are, I don't know.

5 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I'm not sure, I fully admit to not being more than a a casual, know the hits, AC/DC type fan. The only reason I'm going to see this is for Axl. I imagine I'm exactly who the AC/DC fan base will hate. :lol::facepalm:

I am making an effort to check out their stuff beyond what I know, seems impolite not to, so ask me again in a few weeks. ;)

:lol:. Then, listen to the BIB album first. Then work your way back through Highway to Hell, back in reverse order through to High Voltage. Then, listen to the rest of the catalog if you want to. My guess/hope is that Axl will be covering mostly this material.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Asia said:

I might be wrong but I think that up untill the end of the real GNR Slash used to say something at every show or almost every show. Even if it was just Hey Fuckers, are you having a good time or what and that it was just a way of greeting the audience as the second host in the show sort of thing. And he definitely ain't doing it now. I don't know why or whatever but it seems as if he didn't want to put himself at the helm whether it is something Axl demanded of him or just he feels it would not be appropriate things being as they are, I don't know.

Absolute last post on this subject now. I know I joined in but any more off topic about Slash will have to go. Lets stick with Axl/DC. :P

Just now, The Archer said:

:lol:. Then, listen to BIB first. Then work your way back through Highway to Hell, back in reverse order through to High Voltage. Then, listen to the rest of the catalog if you want to. My guess/hope is that Axl will be covering mostly this material.

Thanks, I'll take those recommendations.

4 minutes ago, Asia said:

I think it has to do with exactly what others have said.  Slash is a sober, grown man now.  His one liners during shows were when he'd have a half of fifth of JD in him...among other things.  Different times.  From what I've seen now, he just seems focused on delivering a great, mistake free show.  And so far , he's done a great job of that.  I'm sure as the tour progresses and he feels more comfortable, we'll hear a few things from him.

I think it has to do with exactly what others have said.  Slash is a sober, grown man now.  His one liners during shows were when he'd have a half of fifth of JD in him...among other things.  Different times.  From what I've seen now, he just seems focused on delivering a great, mistake free show.  And so far , he's done a great job of that.  I'm sure as the tour progresses and he feels more comfortable, we'll hear a few things from him.

Ahem........

6 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Absolute last post on this subject now. I know I joined in but any more off topic about Slash will have to go. Lets stick with Axl/DC. :P

• Like 3