Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

5 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Well let's agree to disagree. I'm just glad that you're not managing Guns N' Roses. If GNR would just tour like a normal band right now, nobody would care except people who already are GNR fans. That would be the most predictable and boring way to do this. By helping out AC/DC, GNR will gain shitloads of new fans and public interest. Besides, they already have tons of material written. They don't need to write new songs. Now is the time to build up hype. Being boring and predictable is not the way to do it.

And again, a shame I don't have any more likes to hHand out.

• Like 1

What a load of shite. Have you ever heard Axl sing a slow blues? Brian can do that. Brian can sing everything from blues to metal, with nods to pop and soul inbetween. He is like a white James Brown. Axl is just a shrieky little wanker from Sunset Strip. Brian is a proper singer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Asia said:

You've just proven who is really pathehtic here. Learn to use your brain or arguments before you start discussing.

I use my brain. I'm just not a drama queen like you, who throws a hissy fit because Axl is not doing what you want him to do.

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

What a load of shite. Have you ever heard Axl sing a slow blues? Brian can do that. Brian can sing everything from blues to metal, with nods to pop and soul inbetween. He is like a white James Brown. Axl is just a shrieky little wanker from Sunset Strip. Brian is a proper singer.

LOL don't you hate it, when you have to tear down one of your Idols to defend another one of your Idols, because fans on a forum dedicated to one of your Idols are totally ignorant to the abilities of the other of your Idols? ;-)

4 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

I use my brain. I'm just not a drama queen like you, who throws a hissy fit because Axl is not doing what you want him to do.

Oh really? Do you have one?

If Axl being half time AC/DC singer and half time GN'R singer putting much more effort into the promotion of AC/DC than into the promotion of his own band in the middle of the biggest GNR tour in years satisfies you, it's your choice anyway. No point discussing it with you.

There's a good chance though you'll see for yourself pretty soon that this just ruined the GN'R thing. But no, I'm not petty and I truely hope I will not manage to prove you wrong this time around.

Just now, Asia said:

Oh really? Do you have one?

If Axl being half time AC/DC singer and half time GN'R singer putting much more effort into the promotion of AC/DC than into the promotion of his own band in the middle of the biggest GNR tour in years satisfies you, it's your choice anyway. No point discussing it with you.

There's a good chance though you'll see for yourself pretty soon that this just ruined the GN'R thing. But no, I'm not petty and I truely hope I will not manage to prove you wrong this time around.

Oh whatever dude... keep the drama coming, meanwhile I'll be enjoying Guns N' Roses and Axl/DC. No one cares about your opinions. Won't change a thing.

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

:lol:

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Shrieky eh? That's why I asked you if Brian could pull off Brownstone in the exact tone Axl did. I don't think he could. I don't think he could sing It's So Easy as well as Axl did. And I don't think he could sing Patience, One in a Million, Used to Love Her, or You're Crazy (Acoustic) as well as Axl did either. Do you respect Alice Cooper? Apparently while recording The Garden, Axl's voice sounded exactly like Cooper's so they decided to bring Alice in to record some of it. Axl had a million voices. It wasn't all just a shriek. If you are actually a GN'R fan, you should know that. Kinda shameful for you to accuse him of being one-note, especially in defense of AC/DC's singer (who actually has been pretty much one note for decades). 

1 minute ago, Silverburst80 said:

Diesel Axl has more than proved himself in the slow jamz category, what you haven't heard You're Crazy? Maybe you wouldn't class it as the blues but watch him sing Salt of the earth with Jagger, completely blows Mick off his own stage.

Bugger off (I'm a gigantic Stones fan). Brian Johnson is one thing however Mick Jagger is another. Axl is not fit to wash Jagger's trainers.

38 minutes ago, supercool said:

bon scott and axl are more versatile than brian.

all the songs sound the same with brian, he lacks subtlety.

Brian's voice has occasionally recovered over the last 30 years, but he's more often than not sounded just shitty. If Axl has been doing Mickey occasionally, Brian sounds like the Tasmanian Devil from Looney Toones sometimes. However, it's not true that he has no range and only one kind of voice. Bon was more versatile, but Brian has range too. He was in a glam rock band and had done soft/pop rock too before joining AC/DC. This provides some kind of idea of his versatility -

As I said Brian hasn't always sounded terrible during the last 30 years - when AC/DC were inducted into the Hall of Fame, Brian was just terrific and he made Seven Tyler sound like he was out of breath when they sang YSMANL together.  Here's him singing Zeppelin about 10 years ago with his old band Geordie, when AC/DC were on hiatus (I doubt that Plant would sound this good). It makes me kind of sad listening to this, because as I remember, there were rumors back then that Angus/Malcolm weren't in great health and that was why there was a delay in releasing a record after Stiff Upper Lip.  Whatever his condition now, or the real reasons for him not being in AC/DC anymore, the man was a legend.

Edited by The Archer

2 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Pretty sure Mick himself disagrees. Why the fuck do you even post here by the way? 

I do not think Mick would. Why the hell do you post here? It says 'Guns N' Roses' doesn't it? Izzy Stradlin is your answer.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I do not think Mick would. Why the hell do you post here? It sees 'Guns N' Roses' doesn't it? Izzy Stradlin is your answer.

I post here because I love all 5 of the Appetite guys. They were magic together. If you think Izzy was the only good thing in GN'R, I feel sorry for you. And I say that as someone who firmly believes GN'R was on life support after Adler's termination and then the plug was pulled when Izzy quit in 1991. Nothing since that time has been GN'R.  

6 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

I post here because I love all 5 of the Appetite guys. They were magic together. If you think Izzy was the only good thing in GN'R, I feel sorry for you. And I say that as someone who firmly believes GN'R was on life support after Adler's termination and then the plug was pulled when Izzy quit in 1991. Nothing since that time has been GN'R.  

Oh I agree, but the point is, I have my favourite members and other people have theirs. Now my favourite members are not exactly the same as other people's.

24 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Oh whatever dude... keep the drama coming, meanwhile I'll be enjoying Guns N' Roses and Axl/DC. No one cares about your opinions. Won't change a thing.

Neither will your enjoyment or opinion or your whole existence or lack thereof.

I really thought that Slash being back in the band would bring balance back to the force and peace in GN'R fandom. Axl's actions have just unbalanced it again, not to mention made him Dark Lord of the Sith for some in AC/DC land. Love him or hate him, you can't ignore him.

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Oh I agree, but the point is, I have my favourite members and other people have theirs. Now my favourite members are not exactly the same as other people's.

I probably have the most controversial view of all. Even if you got the Appetite 5 together, it's still not GN'R. I am not paying to watch them in 2016 on the principle that people in 1986 paid $5-10 to watch them. Why should I pay $200+ to watch them 30 years later when they are way over the hill? To me it's not just having the right people, it's the right people in their prime. And while I am glad they are all cleaned up these days for their own health, the substance abuse back in the day definitely gave their performances more energy than what we see today. I would pay a shitload of money for a time machine to see the real GN'R back in the mid 1980's. 

3 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

I probably have the most controversial view of all. Even if you got the Appetite 5 together, it's still not GN'R. I am not paying to watch them in 2016 on the principle that people in 1986 paid $5-10 to watch them. Why should I pay $200+ to watch them 30 years later when they are way over the hill? To me it's not just having the right people, it's the right people in their prime. And while I am glad they are all cleaned up these days for their own health, the substance abuse back in the day definitely gave their performances more energy than what we see today. I would pay a shitload of money for a time machine to see the real GN'R back in the mid 1980's. 

You're 100% right on this, it will never ever be even close to what it was in the 80s or even 90s but there is no time machine, unfortunately...

1 minute ago, Asia said:

You're 100% right on this, it will never ever be even close to what it was in the 80s or even 90s but there is no time machine, unfortunately...

Good thing is we do have quite a few bootlegs from Marc Canter along with Ritz 88. I am hoping one of these days we get some other good quality footage from that time period. That recent preview of Ritz 87 seems very promising, but who knows when we'll see the whole thing. 

Axl needs to turn in some performances like this to win the AC/DC crowd over - outdo Brian and Bon on their songs, the way Brian just knocks it out of the park on DDDC here -

No chance he'll win the AC/DC fans over. He will get his ass kicked so hard by the AC/DC fans and the press and who knows, maybe also Angus, that he won't be able to sit down throughout the entire GNR tour. But, on the other hand, maybe that's good. Maybe that's exactly what he needs to put him back in the right place. There's a good chance this one month will be the biggest reality check he's had in the last 30 years.

3 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Good thing is we do have quite a few bootlegs from Marc Canter along with Ritz 88. I am hoping one of these days we get some other good quality footage from that time period. That recent preview of Ritz 87 seems very promising, but who knows when we'll see the whole thing. 

Yeah, I absolutely dream of getting the whole Canter footage and the entire UYI footage, especially from 1991.