Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

1 minute ago, tkarmy said:

yea if they fired him that is just cold.... I can't believe that if he plays ten more shows he'll totally go deaf. Seems a bit fishy

It does, and that's where I don't agree with how they've handled it. It's very cold towards Brian. If Angus secretly wanted to replace him then there would have been a better way - cancel the tour, let Brian leave, and then find a new vocalist and tour with a new album. It definitely hurts AC/DC's relationship with their most loyal fans more so than it could possibly hurt Axl/Guns.

It's a wonder AC/DC even added the 2016 dates in the first place of Brian's hearing was a known issue. It's bizarre.

That said, I'm still excited to hear an AC/DC set sung by Axl. I can't deny that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tkarmy said:

yea if they fired him that is just cold.... I can't believe that if he plays ten more shows he'll totally go deaf. Seems a bit fishy

Very fishy for sure. Trunk reported that Brian doesn't want to play any more than 2-3 shows per week and Angus wants to play more than that. What the hell is wrong with 2-3 per week? Seems like a normal schedule to me and in fact I would be surprised if Axl is willing to go at the pace Angus wants. The schedule they released is 3 gigs per week. Maybe Trunk meant for future touring and not the current one which was already booked with Brian in mind.

20 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Very fishy for sure. Trunk reported that Brian doesn't want to play any more than 2-3 shows per week and Angus wants to play more than that. What the hell is wrong with 2-3 per week? Seems like a normal schedule to me and in fact I would be surprised if Axl is willing to go at the pace Angus wants. The schedule they released is 3 gigs per week. Maybe Trunk meant for future touring and not the current one which was already booked with Brian in mind.

It's funny considering they've gone 7-8 years between tours, but doing 3 shows a week is suddenly a problem.  And  bringing  up Brian's age when Angus is 61 himself just sounds hypocritical.  They had to know that dropping Brian like this would cause a huge stir.  And replacing him with someone as controversial as Axl would alienate so many of their fans.  Brian is a class act for sure, but he's got nothing to lose at this point, I hope he goes on blast.   Dementia IS hereditary...and none of this feels right.  

As a casual AC/DC fan and hardcore GNR fan.. this is amazing.   Its like getting a whole new set of songs from Axl.   

I get that the hardcore, longtime AC/DC fans are going to be turned off by the way Brian was given the boot.    I can't blame them.    

I prefer the Bon Scott stuff personally.    Axl does those songs very well.    This could be very cool for everyone... and those who don't like it, don't have to go to or watch the shows.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Hope he can reach that kind of energy for the tour. Again, he needs to sound like he's barking

Damn, that is so good. He always sings and performs the hell out of WLR. I'm so excited to see what he does with Hells Bells....and who knows what else! The Bon era classics are going to come tumbling out of the vault. We are going to hear Axl sing a ton of new songs after so long.  The anticipation is killing me. I can't wait to find what the setlist for the first show is. So, so, so excited. This should be a time for celebration. GN'R members both past and present have been much more prolific than Axl in their own time and now we are going to hear him kicking ass on some awesome Rock N' Roll songs. This is going to be a great year.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 1

There's a new post on AC/DC's facebook page with a link to the Billboard article about Angus at Coachella. I haven't seen 1 response about the article, it's all 'Axl sucks' this and that. A few people posted their support for Axl, but the whining and bitching and moaning is really unbelievable. If that many people that threaten to get ticket refunds actually do, then we should have no problem getting tickets (NYC and/or Philly for me). I figured more people would post their support for Brian, but it's mostly whining. 

1 minute ago, DanielCT said:

There's a new post on AC/DC's facebook page with a link to the Billboard article about Angus at Coachella. I haven't seen 1 response about the article, it's all 'Axl sucks' this and that. A few people posted their support for Axl, but the whining and bitching and moaning is really unbelievable. If that many people that threaten to get ticket refunds actually do, then we should have no problem getting tickets (NYC and/or Philly for me). I figured more people would post their support for Brian, but it's mostly whining. 

I was just coming here to post that. I've been reading for fun the last few minutes. Good God! There's people trying to claim that Guns N' Roses can't sell out shows and that Slash (of all people) doesn't deserve to be on the same stage as Angus (in reference to Coachella). Christ. I get being upset about the Brian situation but these people are delusional. :lol:

• Like 1

I hope AC/DC release an Axl/DC shirt. I know that probably won't ever happen lol but I do really want one. Here is one to buy that I highly considered but it looks cheap and is almost 30 dollars:

http://skreened.com/topofthecharts/axl-dc?gclid=CjwKEAjwi9K4BRCQzq7d1c6A_XASJABueAO2Oi3-j4AI4UpO26FgUiCjxpGmecdasbqiJh-KmnfnZxoC8dfw_wcB

My only fear is people not giving Axl a chance in that they start throwing things at him at the shows. It could turn sour really fast, but I really want this to work. To be 54 years old and still have your dreams come true has to be an incredible, I just hope they let an old dog have his day, he's going to be amazing 

Quick question everyone - I always thought GnR's lead singer spelled his name Axl, but based on the comments in the most recent AC/DC post I'm now convinced it's really Axle or Axel. Which is it? Thank you in advance for your help. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DanielCT said:

Quick question everyone - I always thought GnR's lead singer spelled his name Axl, but based on the comments in the most recent AC/DC post I'm now convinced it's really Axle or Axel. Which is it? Thank you in advance for your help. 

Worst post ever lol Yes it's spelled Axl. You couldn't put that together from the millions of posts and internet articles that spell it that way. Not trying to be a dick tho lol

1 minute ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

Worst post ever lol Yes it's spelled Axl. You couldn't put that together from the millions of posts and internet articles that spell it that way. Not trying to be a dick tho lol

Of course i'm joking - I know how it's spelled. 

23 minutes ago, DanielCT said:

Angus is counting on GN'R fans and casual rock fans to scoop up the tickets. I think they will. 

• Like 1

Sounds like ACDC are the ones who should be getting criticized for a "money grab", not Guns.   Wonder what the split is with Axl n Angus?   Maybe 40/40 and the others split 20? Or 50 Angus, 35-40 Axl, then the rest?   No matter, Angus n Axl are making bank!

39 minutes ago, Original said:

Sounds like ACDC are the ones who should be getting criticized for a "money grab", not Guns.   Wonder what the split is with Axl n Angus?   Maybe 40/40 and the others split 20? Or 50 Angus, 35-40 Axl, then the rest?   No matter, Angus n Axl are making bank!

I doubt Angus is paying him above 25%. It's like that old saying about how no band is too big to open for the Stones. Axl is getting to sing with one of his heroes. That is probably priceless to him. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

I doubt Angus is paying him above 25%. It's like that old saying about how no band is too big to open for the Stones. Axl is getting to sing with one of his heroes. That is probably priceless to him. 

Axl is probably getting paid whatever Brian was going to get. They are relying on Axl's name to replace the tickets that get refunded, he has a devoted following considering his production the last 15 years. It's the reason you don't get a cover band singer. Hell Axl's name and reputation have given ACDC more press than they could have ever dreamed of, for better or worse this is the right move for ACDC with 22 shows left. 

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl is probably getting paid whatever Brian was going to get. They are relying on Axl's name to replace the tickets that get refunded, he has a devoted following considering his production the last 15 years. It's the reason you don't get a cover band singer. Hell Axl's name and reputation have given ACDC more press than they could have ever dreamed of, for better or worse this is the right move for ACDC with 22 shows left. 

What percentage do you think Brian was getting?