Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

44 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is not a question of 'Axl being a better frontman than Brian' or your ''preferred frontman'' or vice versa. It is a question of Brian being a 'better AC/DC frontman''. It is also a question of integrity and treating your band members with respect. I personally have no interest in seeing Axl Rose fronting AC/DC. There is barely anything left, with Brian, Malcolm and Rudd gone! It is just a cover band. I cannot believe people are stupid enough to buy tickets for this - I'm completely with the 'DC fans here.

I disagree. Angus and the band sounded tight on this last tour aside from Brian, even I can't deny how shitty he sounded on this tour and there were clear signs he was struggling with the lyrics as well as the notes. Do I believe the hearing loss story that's being put out there? Not really. But I tend to look at it this way. AC/DC got my favorite drummer back (Chris Slade) and will now be fronted by my favorite singer (Axl Rose) and including my favorite guitar player (Angus Young). That is a great bill as far as I'm concerned and it wont take anything away from what Brian has done. He has been amazing for the band, just not on this tour. I didn't want to see them this tour because it just wasn't exciting anymore. Now with Axl in the mix, I'm looking forward to seeing them play live again.

Edited by Bumblefeet

1 hour ago, Juventino said:

Bon wasn't even the original frontman for AC/DC. A legend nonetheless.

And I always feel T.N.T doesn't get as much love as later albums. I love the rawness of those first few Acca releases.

Yeah Dave Evans was i believe

Its not very often you hear Bon songs unless look for them its always Brian he absolutely smashed it and put them waaaaay up there BIB & also the BI tour Brian put them in the i think thats in the top 5 world tours.

Bon albums V Brian albums im nearly 34 you would have to been 15/20 years older to remember the Bon scene thats a huge difference.

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Maybe because most people are more interesting in having a great time with good music than to obsess about who is playing?

Then why not see a tribute band. Why bother with a Brian fronted AC/DC or this GN'R reunion to begin with? Some of these Axls now sing Axl better than Axl these days and you will surely enjoy yourself.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

This place is insane. Basically anybody not included in Axl's projects - Brian Johnson and various ex-members of Guns N' Roses -  becomes the musical equivalent of AIDS, whereas anyone included is rehabilitated to godliness. Brian is one of the legendary singers of rock n' roll and Back in Black is one of the best hard rock albums ever released. The guy deserves far more respect than this - and I say that as more the Bon fan.

That's bullshit, I don't see anyone here trashing Brian Johnson, seems to me there's a bunch of people excited to see Axl do something different and a bunch who are pissed and want him to focus on GNR and everything in between, you're grossly exaggerating the attitude of certain people here and projecting it on everyone else.

32 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is not a question of 'Axl being a better frontman than Brian' or your ''preferred frontman'' or vice versa. It is a question of Brian being a 'better AC/DC frontman''. It is also a question of integrity and treating your band members with respect. I personally have no interest in seeing Axl Rose fronting AC/DC. There is barely anything left, with Brian, Malcolm and Rudd gone! It is just a cover band. I cannot believe people are stupid enough to buy tickets for this - I'm completely with the 'DC fans here.

Yes, people are fucking stupid for not sharing your opinion. :facepalm:

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Then why not see a tribute band.

Why must the one rule out the other? Why not take enjoyment from all that is to offer? What one shouldn't do is deny oneself a good time with good music because one disagrees with how a former member has been treated -- unless one wants to send a signal.

8 minutes ago, Bumblefeet said:

I disagree. Angus and the band sounded tight on this last tour aside from Brian, even I can't deny how shitty he sounded on this tour and there were clear signs he was struggling with the lyrics as well as the notes. Do I believe the hearing loss story that's being put out there? Not really. But I tend to look at it this way. AC/DC got my favorite drummer back (Chris Slade) and will now be fronted by my favorite singer (Axl Rose) and including my favorite guitar player (Angus Young). That is a great bill as far as I'm concerned and it wont take anything away from what Brian has done. He has been amazing for the band, just not on this tour. I didn't want to see them this tour because it just wasn't exciting anymore. Now with Axl in the mix, I'm looking forward to seeing them play live again.

See I do not believe bands should be these things that can be chop and changed at whim: ''Brian's vocals are iffy?'' ''Get someone new'', etc. A live band should be the recorded band - NB, this is the Rock or Bust tour - and should reflect the chemistry and history of the band. It should be something bona fide you are seeing, general, unique. This is why I object to Frank and Richard in Guns. This 'reunion' or whatever it is called should have been a bona fide recreation of one of the 1987-93 line-ups.

These are not supergroups. They are meant to be proper bands.

PS

Rudd over Slade anyday of the week.

Edited by DieselDaisy

1 hour ago, Bumblefeet said:

How many shows you been to on this tour of RoB with Brian..??!!!!

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

See I do not believe bands should be these things that can be chop and changed at whim: ''Brian's vocals are iffy?'' ''Get someone new'', etc. A live band should be the recorded band - NB, this is the Rock or Bust tour - and should reflect the chemistry and history of the band. It should be something bona fide you are seeing, general, unique. This is why I object to Frank and Richard in Guns. This 'reunion' or whatever it is called should have been a bona fide recreation of one of the 1987-93 line-ups.

These are not supergroups. They are meant to be proper bands.

PS

Rudd over Slade anyday of the week.

The "Rock or Bust" tour? Give me a break. It's been the same freakin' tour for the last dozen albums; same setlist with one or two new tracks thrown in lol. At least now with Axl in the mix I'm hoping for some fresh chemistry.

As for my preference for Slade, he makes the band work out more, and I'm sure this'll fit Axl's style as well.

Just now, Bumblefeet said:

The "Rock or Bust" tour? Give me a break. It's been the same freakin' tour for the last dozen albums; same setlist with one or two new tracks thrown in lol. At least now with Axl in the mix I'm hoping for some fresh chemistry.

As for my preference for Slade, he makes the band work out more, and I'm sure this'll fit Axl's style as well.

Axl has never recorded an AC/DC track. So you prefer to see someone else sing Brian's songs, than Brian? That makes about as much sense as the people here who used to say things like,''I prefer Bumble's Estranged solo over Slash's''.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Axl has never recorded an AC/DC track. So you prefer to see someone else sing Brian's songs, than Brian? That makes about as much sense as the people here who used to say things like,''I prefer Bumble's Estranged solo over Slash's''.

Axl has covered AC/DC tracks and just this week played with Angus. Sounded good to me. For the record, I don't prefer to see someone else sing Brian's songs, but Brian isn't there to sing them is he? 

As for Bumble's estranged solo, he does the whaling part a lot better than Slash live, no offense. ;)

7 minutes ago, Bumblefeet said:

Axl has covered AC/DC tracks and just this week played with Angus. Sounded good to me. For the record, I don't prefer to see someone else sing Brian's songs, but Brian isn't there to sing them is he? 

As for Bumble's estranged solo, he does the whaling part a lot better than Slash live, no offense. ;)

Then just see a cover artist then. There are singers which sing Axl better than Axl, and Brian better than Brian out there. You will, to paraphrase Soul, ''enjoy yourself'' for a fraction of the price. Why bother seeing a distinct band such as DC or Guns, when you are happy for those bands to be chopped and changed at whim, and to include all manner of musicians who did not play on the original recordings?

Edited by DieselDaisy

3 minutes ago, wasted said:

the CD era was really just training for when Axl joined AC/DC. 

GNR and AC/DC should both release double cds on the same day all called Zero Fucks Given. 

Are you gonna keep posting this until someone gives you the attention you're seeking?

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Then just see a cover artist then. There are singers which singer Axl better than Axl, and Brian better than Brian out there. You will, to paraphrase Soul, ''enjoy yourself'' for a fraction of the price. Why bother seeing a distinct band such as DC or Guns, when you are happy for those bands to be chopped and changed at whim, and to include all manner of musicians who did not play on the original recordings?

But I'm not seeing a cover artist. I'm seeing Angus Young whose guitar style I've admired live as much as Bumblefoot's (to me he's easily the best live sounding guitarist Guns has ever had), Axl Rose, Chris Slade, Cliff Williams and Stevie Young live. I've never had the opportunity to hear Slade live which is also appealing. I loved his playing on the live at donington album and Razor's Edge, Big Gun. These artists' distinct playing I like and I'm not going to deny that just because Brian is no longer part of the band? If Brian had been top fit and didn't have the health issues, I'd want to see him, but like I said, that just isn't the case. And instead of moaning and groping about it, I like the alternative AC/DC has brought forth and I'm looking forward to it.

Just now, Bumblefeet said:

But I'm not seeing a cover artist. I'm seeing Angus Young whose guitar style I've admired live as much as Bumblefoot's (to me he's easily the best live sounding guitarist Guns has ever had), Axl Rose, Chris Slade, Cliff Williams and Stevie Young live. I've never had the opportunity to hear Slade live which is also appealing. I loved his playing on the live at donington album and Razor's Edge, Big Gun. These artists' distinct playing I like and I'm not going to deny that just because Brian is no longer part of the band? If Brian had been top fit and didn't have the health issues, I'd want to see him, but like I said, that just isn't the case. And instead of moaning and groping about it, I like the alternative AC/DC has brought forth and I'm looking forward to it.

Oh well. Your opinion. I wouldn't see this charade if it was played free in my local pub.

I hope the whole thing flops and Angus - Angus especially - and Axl gets pelted with banana skins haha.

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Oh well. Your opinion. I wouldn't see this charade if it was played free in my local pub.

I hope the whole thing flops and Angus - Angus especially - and Axl gets pelted with banana skins haha.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

That reminds me that they need to bring back "Bedlam in Belgium" for the Belgium gig at least. :lol:

37 minutes ago, Bumblefeet said:

Well you favourite gnr guitarist is bumblefoot. It's understandable. It's who you are.

• Like 1