Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

1 hour ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

Are tickets sold out for London? Best website to get em? Or do I need to be pestering AC-DC fans?

i bought a pair of London tickets off seatwave yesterday for face value, cost about £200 with fees. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, God of Thunder said:

complain, whine, bitch....

I really do not understand why anybody would be unhappy to see his favorite singer (well at least should be in a Guns fan forum, not so sure though actually), to take a once in a lifetime chance to tour with the second biggest rock band on the planet (I guess only the Stones are bigger). Also it is not like the reunion would be a flop because of this (absolutely no logic behind that anyways....): The reunion tour is going great so far, I think Axl sounds pretty good, everybody in the band seems to have a good time.

Well except for some "fans"....Adler is not there, Slash will cry and get upset because of Angus, it is all Axl`s fault that Izzy does not want to tour, Frank is the worst drummer on the planet, Guns should only play club venues, 26 stadium (!!!?) shows are not enough, the bad press gives AC/DC more attention than the Guns reunion (what do you want to do? there was decent news coverage about the Guns reunion, but AC/DC just is the much bigger band nowadays), Axl will ruin his voice by singing (seriously?? he is a SINGER, that is what he does for a living!?), because of these 20 dates there will be never be no new guns album ever, Axl will fail miserably, Axl does not look like he looks on the poster in my room from 1989 anymore, Axl just broke his foot to get out of this reunion, everything is bad and can only get worse...

I mean what is wrong with you people? This is the most exciting year in Guns history in the past 20 years and half the forum still complains...

While I have a little more understanding for the AC/DC fans complaining, because that band is really dissolving rapidly, I do also do understand Angus. AC/DC has always been much bigger than the individual members (except for Angus) and if he wants to finish their last tour and give a million fans the opportunity to say goodbye. And if Angus can do it with a bang by signing one of the biggest names in rock, what the f.... is wrong with that?

It could be but it isn't. The most exciting thing about GNR in years was just cut by 50% for the sake of AC/DC. Axl being with AC/DC has nothing to do with GNR. It only takes the excitement away along with half of the tour.

I am not Axl's fan or Slash's. Nor am I a fan of AC/DC. I am a GN'R fan. I would want Axl to be excited and happy about his band and commited to it. Him cutting the first real GN'R tour in 23 years in half because of some other band cannot possibly make me happy. His dedication, excitement and emotional engagement should be elesewhere now as the tour and big comeback hasn't even truely started yet. He should care about his own band now that he can actually put it back on top, think about new music, about an album. And leave other projects for when Guns tour is over. Just as everybody else in the band has done. Instead he is more engaged with his big ego trip with Angus Young than with Guns.

It would be ok at any other time but not now. He gives up Guns reunion European tour for a tour with AC/DC. Come on... :facepalm:

1 hour ago, God of Thunder said:

complain, whine, bitch....

I really do not understand why anybody would be unhappy to see his favorite singer (well at least should be in a Guns fan forum, not so sure though actually), to take a once in a lifetime chance to tour with the second biggest rock band on the planet (I guess only the Stones are bigger). Also it is not like the reunion would be a flop because of this (absolutely no logic behind that anyways....): The reunion tour is going great so far, I think Axl sounds pretty good, everybody in the band seems to have a good time.

Well except for some "fans"....Adler is not there, Slash will cry and get upset because of Angus, it is all Axl`s fault that Izzy does not want to tour, Frank is the worst drummer on the planet, Guns should only play club venues, 26 stadium (!!!?) shows are not enough, the bad press gives AC/DC more attention than the Guns reunion (what do you want to do? there was decent news coverage about the Guns reunion, but AC/DC just is the much bigger band nowadays), Axl will ruin his voice by singing (seriously?? he is a SINGER, that is what he does for a living!?), because of these 20 dates there will be never be no new guns album ever, Axl will fail miserably, Axl does not look like he looks on the poster in my room from 1989 anymore, Axl just broke his foot to get out of this reunion, everything is bad and can only get worse...

I mean what is wrong with you people? This is the most exciting year in Guns history in the past 20 years and half the forum still complains...

While I have a little more understanding for the AC/DC fans complaining, because that band is really dissolving rapidly, I do also do understand Angus. AC/DC has always been much bigger than the individual members (except for Angus) and if he wants to finish their last tour and give a million fans the opportunity to say goodbye. And if Angus can do it with a bang by signing one of the biggest names in rock, what the f.... is wrong with that?

Bigger doesnt mean talented

I'm optimistic that AXL can do it,he is a fan of the band,he has good relationship with angus and he wil do the best for both fansbases.If i was angus my choice would be different,ex.tornillo from accept or many other frontmans with copy paste vocals brian or bon.

Edited by Majestic Beast

22 hours ago, Billsfan said:

This. As a GNR fan I love this development, as an acdc fan I'm not huge on it. But it won't be for long so..

EDIT: It's actually going to be 12 European dates, the GNR tour, THEN 10 us dates that are rescheduled. 

Yeah, my buddy is a die hard AC/DC fan and he has tickets to two US shows that he us trying to unload. I'll definitely watch it on youtube. I bet they will throw in some old Bon Scott songs that they haven't done in awhile.

Hey guys, I need some opinions on this.... I've heard MANY times that BON wrote a lot of BIB, perhaps most of it. You shook me all night long sounds like the type of song BON would have wrote. Give this a listen, share your thoughts. In not saying it's legit....But maybe???

9 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah, my buddy is a die hard AC/DC fan and he has tickets to two US shows that he us trying to unload. I'll definitely watch it on youtube. I bet they will throw in some old Bon Scott songs that they haven't done in awhile.

Which shows?  Why didn't he just go get a refund?  They were offered when they originally postponed.

6 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Hey guys, I need some opinions on this.... I've heard MANY times that BON wrote a lot of BIB, perhaps most of it. You shook me all night long sounds like the type of song BON would have wrote. Give this a listen, share your thoughts. In not saying it's legit....But maybe???

Fake. It's a tribute band. I can't remember which but it is. In the vault there might exist some demos of Bon playing drums on some of the songs that would end up on BIB (he was jamming with Angus and Malcolm while they were working on riffs) but that would be it. None of his remaining lyrics were used. Shook Me is most definitely a Brian song what with the car analogy for a woman.

5 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Which shows?  Why didn't he just go get a refund?  They were offered when they originally postponed.

Not sure Philly and NY maybe? He was holding onto them until he found out what was going on which wasn't until this weekend. I think he can still return them though but the people in the UK can't or something. 

5 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Fake. It's a tribute band. I can't remember which but it is. In the vault there might exist some demos of Bon playing drums on some of the songs that would end up on BIB (he was jamming with Angus and Malcolm while they were working on riffs) but that would be it. None of his remaining lyrics were used. Shook Me is most definitely a Brian song what with the car analogy for a woman.

I don't know man... It sounds like he says "this is a new one" right at the beginning. Also it sounds like an old recording, before the days of tribute bands. Im not saying it's legit either.... But maybe???

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Not sure Philly and NY maybe? He was holding onto them until he found out what was going on which wasn't until this weekend. I think he can still return them though but the people in the UK can't or something. 

Got it...was curious which shows bc I'm considering Columbus.  Hope he can get everything taken care of.

Johnson wasn't AC/DC singer. He was a replacement for Bon Scott.

None of his albums are up there withe Bon classics.

AXL is a better frontman.

Don't get this thing about the media not caring of the guns anymore. Bands do not reform to be viral everyday of the year. That's totally bad kleenex thinking.

Guns will outlast AC/DC. Axl is doing them a service by finishing their tour. It's going to be awesome.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I don't know man... It sounds like he says "this is a new one" right at the beginning. Also it sounds like an old recording, before the days of tribute bands. Im not saying it's legit either.... But maybe???

Nope. No new material outside of the Highway To Hell songs got played on the Highway To Hell Tour. Plenty of boots exist from Bon's final days with the band, and none have any hints of Back In Black songs. It's possible that Bon had started lyrics and melodies, but it all got abandoned because the band didn't feel right using his material so soon after his death. Arguably recordings may exist of him on BIB songs but with different melodies and lyrics. I think this particular recording was intentionally altered to try and pass it off. Brian most definitely wrote Shook Me. It was one of his first contributions.

1 minute ago, SidneyWish said:

Johnson wasn't AC/DC singer. He was a replacement for Bon Scott.

None of his albums are up there withe Bon classics.

AXL is a better frontman.

Don't get this thing about the media not caring of the guns anymore. Bands do not reform to be viral everyday of the year. That's totally bad kleenex thinking.

Guns will outlast AC/DC. Axl is doing them a service by finishing their tour. It's going to be awesome.

I don't necessarily agree with the Brian bits but I couldn't agree more with the rest!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

AC/DC fans are acting like Axl will be a full time member of the band. As far as we know he will just be around to complete the tour. Let's leave it at that for now.

Yes but there might be some other wanker replacement after that. It is like 'Queen' with Taylor and May and some wanker, or Thin Lizzy without Phil. DC are running the risk of becoming a quasi tribute charade with this Axl thing. I wouldn't see this if tickets were ten pence. Disgraceful - and I think Brian has been dealt with in a disgusting manner.