06/01/16 - Leipzig, Germany - Red Bull Arena

downzy

1 hour ago, Angeles_ said:

1 hour ago, nelsontod said:

your great..thank you!  wow   what a great performance...i knew it!

Bon's lyrics are amazing of course, but Axl does his menace justice here. It's really cool how he actuallly growls on this one - I think TNT would really benefit from this kind of delivery.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, pablo mercuryrose said:

Dammit, but doesn't DDDC have the most amazing fist pump inducing riffs ever??? I punch the air almost involuntarily - every time.

Also, I really like what Axl's done with his voice here - he is  now singing this more like Brian did than Bon did, and I think that Brian's best version of DDDC is probably the best ever.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Dammit, but doesn't DDDC have the most amazing fist pump inducing riffs ever??? I punch the air almost involuntarily - every time.

Also, I really like what Axl's done with his voice here - he is  now singing this more like Brian did, than Bon ever did and I think that Brian's best version of DDDC is probably the best ever.

Sorry but Brian never did a better version of any Bon song, than Bon.

Edited by ChineseIRS

10 minutes ago, ChineseIRS said:

The Detroit '83 performance of DDDC is the best ever, IMO - at least, it's my very favorite...and I say this as a massive fan of Bon first, above everyone else, including Axl.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Archer said:

The Detroit '83 performance of DDDC is the best ever, IMO - at least, it's my very favorite...and I say this as a massive fan of Bon first, above everyone else, including Axl.

I don't know if that exact rendition is my favorite, but I agree that Brian did it better. There's a reason it was rarely played live with Bon but became a staple with Brian. 

• Like 3

Okay, just finished watching all the Olle Fabeck videos and some of the 'breaks' actually sound like high pitched banshee shrieks, and sound much more suitable to the songs when I look at these videos. Also, from close up - it's apparent how masterful a job Axl is doing as frontman. Except for some of the patented Brian Johnson foot stomping, which is understandable, but which I have no wish to see him do in Gn'R, Axl is doing an awesome job with his dancing, with one robot foot. The singing has been at a high level overall and his jokes and humor have been great. NITL is going to be awesome.

15 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I don't know if that exact rendition is my favorite, but I agree that Brian did it better. There's a reason it was rarely played live with Bon but became a staple with Brian. 

Brian was at the very peak of his vocal ability at this time - it's all down hill from here on. He sings the chorus with not just rasp, but a lot of power and the spoken parts are again done in a deep voice, but have a fantastic, sleazy, menacing undertone. Being at his physical peak also helps - he was in great shape physically and when he pumps the air with those bulging muscles, you know  that he can do some damage - when he pumps his fist while shouting 'Dirty Deeds', I almost punch through the screen. Also, there were probably somegreat performances on the BIB tour, but you can see the confidence and swagger that Brian has now, with the success of the early albums behind him - he's clearly fit into his role and owns it, and he knows it.

I'm reluctant to ever let credit get away from Bon for anything, but I make exceptions for Axl on WLR and Brian on DDDC.

Edited by The Archer
Edited for context
  • Like 2

Can't manage to stop listening to bib from this show Axl even makes his garbled screech parts sound like gold.  He owns this song that is just another that he didn't have anything to do with writing lol.  When Axl is on he is on mofos

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ChineseIRS said:

I totally disagree and think that Brian sounds much better than Bon on every AC/DC song, especially Highway to Hell. Brian seems to have the much raspier rough voice.

35 minutes ago, ironmt said:

I totally disagree and think that Brian sounds much better than Bon on every AC/DC song, especially Highway to Hell. Brian seems to have the much raspier rough voice.

That's ludicrous, sorry, but raspy and rough isn't always the best.  Try listening to Appetite, there is no rasp on that albulm.

• Like 1