06/01/16 - Leipzig, Germany - Red Bull Arena

downzy

9 minutes ago, nonok said:

Yes, people can get bloated from drinking. When he was way more immobile than now, he was thinner. Now he's moving around, dancing etc. and he's a bit chubbier. Obviously the foot's not the problem here, and judging from the videos and people's comments on various threads, he seems to be drinking more with AC/DC. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, as long as he's healthy, and he's probably going to lose the weight again in the summertime anyway.

He's bloated in the belly and face. His legs are thin. So clearly alcohol :(

Kinda disappointed with these pics. How come he's looking so bloated from like a week ago?

13 minutes ago, nonok said:

Yes, people can get bloated from drinking. When he was way more immobile than now, he was thinner. Now he's moving around, dancing etc. and he's a bit chubbier. Obviously the foot's not the problem here, and judging from the videos and people's comments on various threads, he seems to be drinking more with AC/DC. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, as long as he's healthy, and he's probably going to lose the weight again in the summertime anyway.

Yeah I was rewatching the Las Vegas show clips and he looked great there and his face was way less bloated. I think the extra drinking in Europe (if that is the cause) has had an effect on him.

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Kinda disappointed with these pics. How come he's looking so bloated from like a week ago?

He'll lose the weight, sound even better and be in a great mood once the NITL tour starts, don't worry. ;)

The other possible explanation for the sudden appearance of weight gain in his face is that whatever upset his vocals could have been a nasty infection. I get tonsillitis, it makes my neck and face swell really badly. I saw a couple of pics that looked like his glands were really swollen. 

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

The other possible explanation for the sudden appearance of weight gain in his face is that whatever upset his vocals could have been a nasty infection. I get tonsillitis, it makes my neck and face swell really badly. I saw a couple of pics that looked like his glands were really swollen. 

Possibly, it's more likely he just looks like every other middle aged guy who likes a beer or three. It would be nice if he had Duff level workout obsession but I'm not too fussed really as long as the vocals are good.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It's more visible in his stomach than his face, I think.

• Like 1

I'll break away from the current discussion in this thread for a minute...

Y'all are talking about how good Axl looks. How about Angus? He just keeps looking younger and younger as this tour goes on - if I saw some of those pics of him farther up the page with no context, I'd peg them to be around Ballbreaker era. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I don't think he looks very bloated. His face isn't thin, but I don't consider him overweight at all. I don't know about the alcohol, he was never really known for that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Possibly, it's more likely he just looks like every other middle aged guy who likes a beer or three. It would be nice if he had Duff level workout obsession but I'm not too fussed really as long as the vocals are good.

Beer belly no beer belly that is still Axl, and it will always be Axl... I wish we could all have amazing genes, washboard abs and still look like we did 25 years ago, but that voice always takes me back to 1987.  He sounds amazing and seems like he is in a happier place.  That's what is most important to me.;)

• Like 3

He probably gained some weight while he was sitting (plus  drinking a few beers) and now it shows. You don't get bloated or gain weight  from one day to another and you don't lose either. I believe he' ll lose it as his foot gets better and starts moving more and exercising.

His hair is ok. Ι prefer loose hair, even if it's a little messy, to hats (I prefer hats to bandanas, though - bandanas make his face look more bloated). After all, he's a rocker and he's allowed to have messy hair, especially when singing in open air. :headbang:

Edited by Blackstar

53 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I'll break away from the current discussion in this thread for a minute...

Y'all are talking about how good Axl looks. How about Angus? He just keeps looking younger and younger as this tour goes on - if I saw some of those pics of him farther up the page with no context, I'd peg them to be around Ballbreaker era. 

No one is talking about Axl looking good :P

(kidding)

The only thing that makes Angus look older than he is it's his balding head. When he wears the cap it's all good. But he's in general a young spirit. Skinny little guy with lots of cool inside. I super dig him :heart: