Rumored Concert Date Thread

1 minute ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

I find it weird that they never announced a second Toronto show, a second date in Toronto would have sold out no question!

I agree, I think a second Toronto date would have been the best selling of any of the second dates they did actually add.  But, maybe there is an issue with not being able to get the venue, or it being more costly to do two shows there....or the schedule is tight if they added a second Toronto date, they would onlly have two nights between that and two at Boston and with one already two nights before Toroton.   

13 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I would guess a second Toronto Date is still possible.  However, at this point if they have not announced one I'd be surprised to see it.

I've been told by my buddy who works for the Dodgers that GnR had several dates on hold for the venue surrounding the original date.  They have released those, so I don't think we are going to see another Dodger Stadium show.  

Several SURROUNDING the original? Like what? So like another 2-3????? I dont believe that unless they add the 3rd...

8 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Several SURROUNDING the original? Like what? So like another 2-3????? I dont believe that unless they add the 3rd...

Yes, several as in the 17th through the 20th.  You don't have to believe me I don't really care.  They obviously aren't going to use all the dates they put on hold, that isn't how things work.

They aren't going to add a third, they've dropped the holds.  So, if they actually announce a third then I'm obviously lying.   

Just now, tsinindy said:

Yes, several as in the 17th through the 20th.  You don't have to believe me I don't really care.  They obviously aren't going to use all the dates they put on hold, that isn't how things work.

They aren't going to add a third, they've dropped the holds.  So, if they actually announce a third then I'm obviously lying.   

what;s your problem man..? if you do not understand the way of expression, then my bad... but Im not trying to come across that way.. I was just - ' whoa I didn;t believe Guns were that of a sensation kind of thing...' I just couldnt believe it.. Now I understand they potentially booked the rest days too...

Just now, scooby845 said:

what;s your problem man..? if you do not understand the way of expression, then my bad... but Im not trying to come across that way.. I was just - ' whoa I didn;t believe Guns were that of a sensation kind of thing...' I just couldnt believe it.. Now I understand they potentially booked the rest days too...

I gotcha.....no worries man.  Right, for all these shows I imagine they had multiple dates on hold at the venues until they announced the actual show dates, then gradually the holds get released when they decide its going to be one show only...or just two etc.  

I don't have any contacts for most shows, just happen to have one that works for the Dodgers.  

What is really funny is he kept telling me there would be GnR shows at Dodger Stadium, so I was assuming they would play the Rose Bowl then about a week before the Dodger Stadium date was announced he told me about the venue being on hold for a few days for a concert, but didn't know who.  Then a few days before show two actually got announced he told me about show two being official.  I posted that information here when I had it.   

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I gotcha.....no worries man.  Right, for all these shows I imagine they had multiple dates on hold at the venues until they announced the actual show dates, then gradually the holds get released when they decide its going to be one show only...or just two etc.  

I don't have any contacts for most shows, just happen to have one that works for the Dodgers.  

What is really funny is he kept telling me there would be GnR shows at Dodger Stadium, so I was assuming they would play the Rose Bowl then about a week before the Dodger Stadium date was announced he told me about the venue being on hold for a few days for a concert, but didn't know who.  Then a few days before show two actually got announced he told me about show two being official.  I posted that information here when I had it.   

I still think Guns have the power to sell out the 3rd... The second is over half sold... But the Toronto show is interesting..Still dont understand why they didnt add it...

7 hours ago, santiago-gnr said:

Sem-t%C3%ADtulo-2-e1463008340948.png

Radio says: Strong rumour for GN'R in Portugal - 24 September...

Now that would be sweet! It would also coincide with the rumoured Wembley shows.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, P1g Vomit said:

Well I think Axl did hint at coming back to Portugal soon. I wonder if it will be the same place he played with ACDC.

They say that the show is rumored to be on Dragão Stadium (FC Porto stadium).

2 hours ago, starlight said:

Maybe November/December

No way...they cannot tour Europe which is their biggest market extensively and then South America in Novemeber/December... there is no time.. I'd rather see Guns touring SA in November and the next summer Europe...

4 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

No way...they cannot tour Europe which is their biggest market extensively and then South America in Novemeber/December... there is no time.. I'd rather see Guns touring SA in November and the next summer Europe...

Sure there's time...AC/DC is doing Europe in a month basically...There is nothing currently scheduled from September on....so sept/oct in Europe, then nov/dec in SA is completely workable.  

however, I don't think that's what will actually happen :)

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Sure there's time...AC/DC is doing Europe in a month basically...There is nothing currently scheduled from September on....so sept/oct in Europe, then nov/dec in SA is completely workable.  

I don't see why they cant tour countries like UK, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, Austria in September, and than tour southern Europe like Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece whos climate should still be warm in October.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, P1g Vomit said:

I don't see why they cant tour countries like UK, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, Austria in September, and than tour southern Europe like Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece whos climate should still be warm in October.

It's all possible and personally MORE likely than sitting on their butts from Aug-Dec...

So we'll see "soon" ;)

Maybe they'll announce more dates after they finish posting these videos this week?

Ozzyfest x Slipknot is in September and was just announced today so it's a possibility we could get dates still this month.

Clutching at straws but whatever..

10 hours ago, tsinindy said:

ACDC are only doing major countries...there's like 30 more that need to be covered in GnR itinerary.. Guns toured Europe in 2010 over 2 months... Even if its possible, it's too much of an effort to tour extensively without breaks between the legs...

13 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

ACDC are only doing major countries...there's like 30 more that need to be covered in GnR itinerary.. Guns toured Europe in 2010 over 2 months... Even if its possible, it's too much of an effort to tour extensively without breaks between the legs...

2010 was in arenas though. If they're planning on stadiums then they only have to do half the amount in 2010 and still make more money. If they did do Wembley, for example, for a couple of nights, I'm sure people from other European countries will travel there. 

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

2010 was in arenas though. If they're planning on stadiums then they only have to do half the amount in 2010 and still make more money. If they did do Wembley, for example, for a couple of nights, I'm sure people from other European countries will travel there. 

yeah but not every country in europe is that rich where people can afford to travel to foreign countries only for a concert...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, lukeaxl said:

Has anyone been to Wembley for a concert. I went to Eminem a few years ago and couldn't hear a thing. 

The speakers were shocking. People all over Twitter were wanting a refund 

I was at that show... couldn't believe I spent £90 on the ticket. Sound was awful! I think with Wembley it depends on where you stand/sit.. Closer to the stage the better otherwise you get a mix of the actual sound and an echo/reverb off the back of the stadium. Although I was at Ed Sheeran last summer and the sound was a lot better, so maybe they've been working on it.

• Like 1