Rumored Concert Date Thread

2 minutes ago, koldweather said:

First weekend would be plausible. I remember someone saying mind you that Wembley have used up their 'allotted'  events days already this year, so this doesn't tally with that.

I think doing 3 shows would be a challenge IMO, especially having a show on a Sunday. Given GNR will be relatively late (even if they are on early by their standards) I just can't see a Sunday show even half selling if there are two other shows in that prime weekend slot

Yeah I remember reading that too, I'm actually looking right now but can't find no info on that. Also, surely it would need to be announced pretty damn soon? Coldplay, Rihanna, Beyonce and Billy Joel all got announced quite a while ago.

ahhhh I hate all this speculation!

38 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I despise festivals...crap acoustics outdoors with bad weather and bunch of wanderers that dont even know the band that's playing... i would rather pay twice as much to see the GnR concert in an arena by themselves...

I agree, I much prefer arenas and you get to see your favourite band and not bands you're not really into. Why do those people keep wandering about?

45 minutes ago, axlsend said:

I agree, I much prefer arenas and you get to see your favourite band and not bands you're not really into. Why do those people keep wandering about?

they keep wandering cause for them it's all about 'oh my god i was  t that certain festival'...they got no aim - music..just to hang out and waste money and time...

25 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

they keep wandering cause for them it's all about 'oh my god i was  t that certain festival'...they got no aim - music..just to hang out and waste money and time...

Yep, they are just scenesters who want to say 'I was there' and in doing so using tickets real fans might want.

9 hours ago, LovelessNL said:

That would clash with Reading/Leeds, right? Would be a dick/dumb move. They were rumoured to play R+L, so August would make sense. But then again; they were rumoured to play a bunch of Euro festival and aren't playing any at all.

They pulled out and changed plans. They were in serious talks for some festivals in May and June and late August according to owner of Pinkpop and one other owner (forgot which one) 

4 minutes ago, axlslash said:

@Eddie Money Any word on if they'll be optioning those second shows and/or when it would be if they do?

I don't see it happening anywhere.  It doesnt seem like the seats are selling fast enough.  I first thought the Chicago and New York dates would get second shows but who knows.  The original map is slightly different than the one they finally released.  You may have seen the story about St. Louis where the publicist said that they were still working on the routing and planning as the dates came out.  This is all true.  St. Louis, for example was never on the original list that I saw.  Who knows?  Maybe they did that for publicity because it would get people talking in St. Louis and the buzz could help sell Chicago and KC?  If that was the strategy, it was a very good one.  

6 minutes ago, Original said:

Interesting reaction chief....but ah, OK.   And because you asked- yeah, I want 25 more American shows.  

Alright but get in the line, give us at least 10 Europe shows and then you can have them for 100 if you want.

25 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

There IS truth to the Wembley Stadium rumo(u)red dates (mate). Two dates are in the works right now, but there may only be one depending on ticket demand. I haven't heard three as previously reported.  

Sweet! Any idea which month? I'm praying it's September. 

• Like 1