Rumored Concert Date Thread

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

@Italian girl this is just a rumor, but seriously I hope there is a european tour for September/October

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/report-guns-n-roses-in-talks-to-play-three-shows-at-londons-wembley-stadium/

I hope it too but I have this feeling that unfortunately makes me think that it's not true.... 

16 minutes ago, starlight said:

I wonder if they are really taking two months off before the US tour starts

Plenty of time for Axl to get physical therapy on foot and get ready to snake dance and run around stage like a madman!  

1 hour ago, starlight said:

I wonder if they are really taking two months off before the US tour starts

I'm hoping that maybe they'll do some publicity during that time or as others have suggested; at least keep continue getting in shape before showing this whole thing off to stadiums of crowds.

• Like 2

I believe they'll be playing South America later this year as it's rumored. Really hope so, too!

47 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm hoping that maybe they'll do some publicity during that time or as others have suggested; at least keep continue getting in shape before showing this whole thing off to stadiums of crowds.

Well, I guess Axl will use that time for his foot rehab. Hope he'll stay away from tacos! :P

Depends how fast they turn around from NA and if they tack another LA date on after the Coachella gigs are done.

Last weekend of August is best due to the bank holiday, thus extended weekend which gives them the best shot imo of filling wembley more than once.

17 hours ago, Slash787 said:

@Italian girl this is just a rumor, but seriously I hope there is a european tour for September/October

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/report-guns-n-roses-in-talks-to-play-three-shows-at-londons-wembley-stadium/

A stadium tour after half september won't be an option in Europe. And as a Dutchie I regret to say that, but you can't have a full blown stadium tour from half september - half December. The weather is just not suitable for such venues. And since they require a handsome fee I don't think venues such as the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam, Lanxess Arena, etc. etc. (indoor venues with 20k capacity max) are possible either.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, carsonskitz said:

If it is the August bank holiday weekend then I'm fucked cause I'm on holiday. 

That would clash with Reading/Leeds, right? Would be a dick/dumb move. They were rumoured to play R+L, so August would make sense. But then again; they were rumoured to play a bunch of Euro festival and aren't playing any at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LovelessNL said:

That would clash with Reading/Leeds, right? Would be a dick/dumb move. They were rumoured to play R+L, so August would make sense. But then again; they were rumoured to play a bunch of Euro festival and aren't playing any at all.

It would do yeah, which I also thought would be a dumb move. I wasn't too sure whether Wembley stadium did show's in September, so I checked their site and Billy Joel's actually playing there on the 10th of September. I sure as hell hope it is September. I phoned British Airway's to ask about changing my holiday to earlier on in August and it would end up costing me between the best part of a grand as I got a deal when I booked. Pulling my hair out!

1 hour ago, koldweather said:

September is a very risky month weather wise, its a month of real change. Could be glourious, could be a washout. 

Its a good point on r n l, forgot about that! 

Yeah don't think clashing with reading/leeds would be a great idea. Combined isn't both festivals around 180,000? I've only been to Reading and I know that's 90,000. Especially if these show's will be the only one's in the UK, maybe the first weekend in September? Billy Joel's Saturday the 10th. Friday/Saturday/Sunday 2nd/3rd/4th of September could be a possibilty? 

First weekend would be plausible. I remember someone saying mind you that Wembley have used up their 'allotted'  events days already this year, so this doesn't tally with that.

I think doing 3 shows would be a challenge IMO, especially having a show on a Sunday. Given GNR will be relatively late (even if they are on early by their standards) I just can't see a Sunday show even half selling if there are two other shows in that prime weekend slot