07/20/16 - Foxboro, MA - Gilette Stadium

RussTCB

12 minutes ago, NorwegianGirl said:

For all you people at the rail, is Andrei still there walking around handing out backstage passes?

He walked by a couple of times. I stopped him at one point before GN'R started and shook his hand and thanked him for his role in setting up/directing the tour and he smiled and nodded and then kept walking. So...he didn't give me a backstage pass :lol:, and I didn't see him hand any out to anyone else, but that doesn't mean he didn't.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, maxpax said:

i have to disagree. except for twat, all slash solos are improvised crap. even duff and slash can't make CD sound like a gnr album. axl can release whatever he wants under an other band name, but stay away from gnr with this experimental stuff...CD sounds still saulless. i'm a slash fan, but buckets, robins and mays guitar work on CD was better. he and duff should stop trying to add CD material into the gnr legacy. 

Do you really believe the songs are there because of Slash and Duff? Axl definitely has the last word when it comes to the CD songs ...

7 minutes ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

Slash and Duff learned the songs without Axl asking them. 

That`s what Axl said ... but who knows if it really went down that way ... but at the end it doesnt matter ... the songs are in the setllist and its nice that some people can enjoy them.

Edited by RooSaa

4 minutes ago, RooSaa said:

That`s what Axl said ... but who knows if it really went down that way ... but at the end it doesnt matter ... the songs are in the setllist and its nice that some people can enjoy them.

Why would Axl lie about that? It's not hard to believe Duff persuaded Slash to learn the songs as a kind gesture to Axl, to really cement their new found relationship. And the fact that Slither is on the alt. Set could be Axl returning the favour by learning a Velvet Revolver song (a song Axl probably would have been pretty envious and jealous of 12 years ago) . 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

If they are doing suck a shit job can you explain why 90% of people who have been to these shows say its one of the best concerts they have been too?

I don't think solos make or break how good a concert is. I love Slash but watching him improv solos through fan recorded periscope or youtube clips doesn't get my heart racing, maybe they sound much better live though. 

Quid pro quo,

(Axl) ''I want plenty of Chinese songs, The Seeker, Frank, Fortus''.

(Slash) ''I want Adler, 'Coma' and Snakepit/VR songs''.

(Axl) ''Alright, give me an emo girl hammering on an unplugged keyboard and I'll allow Adler to play a couple of songs at two shows. I'll play 'Slither' at some stage but what I want in return is an emo girl hammering on an unplugged keyboard? And you must play 'Sorry'?

(Slash) ''Must I, that song is terribly hurtful?''

(Axl) ''Yes''

(Slash) sigh

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

just watched the show back on periscope.. holy fuck! did you see that running jump slash took during scom?! sign that fucker up for the olympics!!!!! 

Are you talking about the first night after he stuffed up :D

Edited by Gibbo

13 minutes ago, Frey said:

What was the song that Axl messed up that was mentioned earlier in this thread?

Why do you keep implying in every thread that Axl probably lied when he said that? As of right now, there is literally zero reason to believe he lied about that. And until Duff or Slash say otherwise, I see no reason to doubt him.

Is it really so hard to imagine that Sluff would actually want to play these songs?! Just to make them their own or to add their own touch to them. Or because they're new and more interesting to play for them. Or even just as a nice gesture towards Axl. Or all of the above. Not everything has to be a fucking conspiracy.

And Christ, I'm not usually one to defend Axl's shit, but this is getting ridiculous. He's done a complete 180° recently, has behaved exemplary so far and seems like an all around mature and nice dude at the moment. Give the guy a fucking break, he's not Stalin or Hitler or anything. And Slash and Duff are no fucking pussies either who'd bend over for Axl and cater to all his whims. If they really didn't want to play CD songs, they wouldn't do it. They're filthy rich 50 year old rock stars, no one makes them do anything if they absolutely don't want to. 

Well said. Can't agree more.

But I think RooSaa wasn't implying that really, i believe he/she was just playing safe since we really don't know the real story.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Are you talking about the first night after he stuffed up :D

no no no!!! i was tonight!! the outro for SCOM seemed like it lasted an eternity, but Slash ran from about that far and got some major hops for the last note!! ill try to find a video

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

What's with this band and Mickey mouse? :P

mic.png

What happened to Slash's gut? Gone with the wind I suppose.

I think Mickey has become an inside meme among the band members....since it's no secret Axl knows fans bitched about his Mickey voice before.

• Like 3

I think there are many songs should be played. But especially Used to love her and You re Crazy. Fuck man,, they gotta play these ones ! instead of the boring ones

1 minute ago, cheesecake said:

What happened to Slash's gut? Gone with the wind I suppose.

I think Mickey has become an inside meme among the band members....since it's no secret Axl knows fans bitched about his Mickey voice before.

Yeah maybe. but Slash used to wear mickey shirts when he was younger too lol

7 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Catcher In The Rye is a boring, godawful song.  As all CD material that has been performed so far, Slash's solos are amazing and the only good thing about them.

I wholeheartedly disagree with everything there, besides catcher. CITR is not a particularly good song and it's an even worse live song.

Slash improves all the solos? The solo before the breakdown in better is quite good, the out to solo is completely out if place and no way near as good as the original solo.

TIL - slash's solo is not as good as the original and way! too busy. There's parts to the solo that really should be kept intact. I would say the first half of the solo should be played note for note, while the 2nd half (when the drums enter) can be changed as much as he pleases. In my opinion the original was the perfect solo for that song.

Chinese - fine but neither better or worse than the original.

Slash doesn't make or break the CD material. It's good with or without him.

Edited by Tom2112