07/20/16 - Foxboro, MA - Gilette Stadium

RussTCB

3 minutes ago, maxpax said:

Could someone open a "What i don't like about this reunion so far..." thread? I don't wanna kill the party for all who likes the status quo...but I think there is a lot to talk about. Lets collect the criticism there.

We already have several open threads here, no need for another.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/forum/354-civil-war/

3 minutes ago, maxpax said:

Ok. But it would be wiser to pull one of these threads to the main section...

These are both in the main section if you look back a few pages. The reason they don't stay bumped is because the majority here are pretty happy with this tour regardless of whether they have everything on their wish list or not.

There are plenty of threads in which you can express disappointment without using a show thread.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nikosgnr said:

People need to complain about something all the time. I have accepted that. It's crazy.

We had the "Mickey" thing.. Then was the setlist... "Coma? Boring!"

And then Axl's belly and Melissa's laptop. I mean, WTF? Why can't you just enjoy the music. It's all about the MUSIC.

I really.. Really HOPE more CD songs to be added. Patiently waiting for TWAT, Madagascar and Shackler's.. Please!

This!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, k12 said:

he was in the middle of the "I have to now suck up to Axl" if I am ever going to get back in the band stage

and it is irrelevant if he is really liking the album or not, it is not a real GNR album by the majority of GNR fans, playing 4 songs off of that album on what is being billed as a "reunion" tour(and yes the "Not In the lifetime" Is definitely billing it as a reunion) is an insult

What you said

I can assure Slash is hating playing those songs.

What Axl said

The GNR frontman went on to laud Slash for his work ethic. “To Slash’s credit, he and Duff … worked very hard … I didn’t have to tell Slash anything about embracing, or how to play the Chinese Democracy songs. He just embraced them. He worked really hard.”

What Slash said

Maybe he wouldn't mind playing the songs live.

As you can see, someone Is full of shit.

• Like 1

There's literally shitloads of people who wanted them to play Sorry and/or Catcher in the Rye. There were even more people who wanted to see Guns reunite with Adler. There's also a huge amount of people who wanted them to play fe. Coma, Out ta get me etc. 

Some people argue about shows being too similar. Some seem to argue that they vary too much(?). 

From my point of view, they are playing 100% for the fans. Giving everyone what they wanted in bits and pieces. If you happen to go to the Adler-guest-star-show instead of the Catcher-in-the-rye-show, that's just your luck. 

They are doing a great job in my opinion, we've gotten what we were entitled to expect & shitload of huge n' small surprises along the way. Some people just aren't never satisfied :D

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, nikosgnr said:

People need to complain about something all the time. I have accepted that. It's crazy.

We had the "Mickey" thing.. Then was the setlist... "Coma? Boring!"

And then Axl's belly and Melissa's laptop. I mean, WTF? Why can't you just enjoy the music. It's all about the MUSIC.

I really.. Really HOPE more CD songs to be added. Patiently waiting for TWAT, Madagascar and Shackler's.. Please!

people always want everything to fill in with their version of perfection. If everything was always 100% perfect, then we would have nothing to look forward too and it would just get plain boring. But people don't understand this and only see the negative. Why? Because its easier to blame than to celebrate in this world we live in today. just look at the media. Everything on the news is heartbreaking, tragic, argumentative, or shaming. But they always leave that one good, or happy story at the end of the news that leaves you feeling happy. But will you remember it? or will you remember all the crazy shit going on in the world?  

I call it the "pro wrestling" effect. Everyone who is a die hard pro wrestling fan always has an opinion on how the writers should do this, and this person is a wasted talent, and this is garbage and blah blah blah. Week after week wrestling comes on and the show is written how its written, and people either love it or hate it. But at the end of the day, who are the ones watching pro wrestling night in and night out? The diehards. Same with GNR. Everyone has an opinion. Everyone has there vision of what GNR should be. But at the end of the day, GNR are going to do what THEY do. We, as people who aren't in the band have NO control over this. If GNR just did everything perfect and never broke up and released 50 albums and had a new setlist every night and everyone was in shape and it was just the 5 guys from AFD jaming every night.... well yeah it would be cool, but man oh man we would have nothing to look forward too. It would just get plain boring to me. But at the end of the day, here we are, staying up to date with GNR night in and night out. 

Look, i usually don't get stuck up on GNR politics, but man. Recently it just seems like a shit show. I wish we could all just take a step back from this fucked up world and live in the now. One day, all of this isn't going to be here. One day there will be no more GNR. The guys are in there 50s. They aren't getting any younger. I hate to say it, but one day, the classic 5 won't exist anymore. Its surprising to see some of them still standing now!! We should all live in this moment and enjoy what we are getting instead of asking for more, or less, or changes. 

Like I've said before. We all love GNR for one reason or another. Don't make it the reason we hate each other

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Juliette said:

Hi. What? I think you are a little confused. She is not the replacement of Izzy (she is in the place of Chris Pittman after his departure).

For what I´ve heard Izzy doesn´t want to be in the band (he was invited). so it should be a place for people conmitment with the band. 

Pitman didn't need any replacement. Melissa is adding back up vocals. And that's the important thing she is doing, not her keyboards. So if her main job is back up vocals I'd rather have Izzy doing it. We don't the whole story yet as to why he isn't in the band. 

17 minutes ago, Padme said:

Pitman didn't need any replacement. Melissa is adding back up vocals. And that's the important thing she is doing, not her keyboards. So if her main job is back up vocals I'd rather have Izzy doing it. We don't the whole story yet as to why he isn't in the band. 

Melissa contributes literally the same as pitman did too

I've never agreed with the anti-youtube clips - I suppose anti-periscope now - argument. I've been to a fair number of concerts and watched/listened to bootlegs and clips (like everybody else) of a few of those shows among thousands others, and have always felt a recording is a fairly decent similitude of actually events, albeit you are obviously missing the atmosphere, intensity and/or intimacy of seeing the show in person. The camera and mic however cannot lie.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, moreblack said:

That sounds a tad exaggerated.

The album sold 3 million copies in a time when everyone was already downloading everything and album sales dropped drastically. There are loads of people who are fans of that particular album. Just to clarify: I'm definitely not one of them. 

Just now, rosesandguns said:

The album sold 3 million copies in a time when everyone was already downloading everything and album sales dropped drastically. There are loads of people who are fans of that particular album. Just to clarify: I'm definitely not one of them. 

There's gotta be some decent dropoff between everyone that heard it, and everyone that loved it, enough to want to hear those songs in a reunion tour.