07/20/16 - Foxboro, MA - Gilette Stadium

RussTCB

1 hour ago, Jordan Rose said:

I'm so happy that Axl is playing more Chinese songs as a personal "FUCK YOU!" to all the bridge goblins who keep bitching about them in every thread. I've predicted they'd play more and more of them and we've had two more this week. What are these bridge ogryns going to say when Slash and Duff do a bunch of interviews and talk about how much they've enjoyed playing the newer songs? Probably make up some bullshit in their tiny pea-brains about Axl ordering them to say it. 

he is not only saying fuck you to the fans, he is saying Fuck you to Slash, I can assure Slash is hating playing those songs but it is Axl's way of telling him he is still his bitch

2 hours ago, cheesecake said:

What happened to Slash's gut? Gone with the wind I suppose.

I think Mickey has become an inside meme among the band members....since it's no secret Axl knows fans bitched about his Mickey voice before.

Maybe Duff train Them

Slash wear Mickey before reunion happens N' Axl wears Mickey when GN'R heyday era

I guess only Slaxl tht likes to wear Mickey, N' now 3 include Melissa

Edited by SerenityScorp

1 minute ago, k12 said:

he is not only saying fuck you to the fans, he is saying Fuck you to Slash, I can assure Slash is hating playing those songs but it is Axl's way of telling him he is still his bitch

Imagine leaving GNR to become a household name, one of the essential guitar players everyone should know, releasing a dozen albums and collaborating with pretty much everyone you ever wanted with all the freedom in the world, being universally recognized as a badass who doesn't take bullshit from anyone, just to find out that you actually thoroughly enjoyed being trapped inside your ginger lead singer's ass after all these years... And subsequently proceeding to re-establish yourself as his ultimate cash-making bitch after begging him to take you back on your knees. Now that's a romantic story if I've ever seen one!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nonok said:

Imagine leaving GNR to become a household name, one of the essential guitar players everyone should know, releasing a dozen albums and collaborating with pretty much everyone you ever wanted with all the freedom in the world, being universally recognized as a badass who doesn't take bullshit from anyone, just to find out that you actually thoroughly enjoyed being trapped inside your ginger lead singer's ass after all these years... And subsequently proceeding to re-establish yourself as his ultimate cash-making bitch after begging him to take you back on your knees. Now that's a romantic story if I've ever seen one!

Lol

Reminds Me of 2005 when Slash drunk N' went to Axl house, Imagine if He actually begs to Axl so tht He can back on GN'R again like tht You said

15 minutes ago, k12 said:

Well I hope that isn't the case, but I wouldn't be surprised if Axl did something like this to Slash. It does make me wonder what's really going on behind the scenes, whether they've truly reconciled etc.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, slitherz said:

So was the stadium as empty as everyone thought?

There was complete sections and levels closed off and probably only about 20,000 In attendance which would make It the smallest show of the tour up to this point.

8 minutes ago, cspalding22 said:

Ears are still ringing from last night, but who cares, they destroyed as usual. Thanks guys for back to back nights, it was awesome. 20k seems a bit low, probably closer to 30k. 300 section closed off and partial 200, but it filled in nicely.IMG_20160720_232218253.jpg

Hope you are right, 30k would be a decent crowd after playing to 50k the night before. I have heard numbers from as low as 18.5k up to 30k and all numbers In between I guess we will know once the numbers are released.

58 minutes ago, k12 said:

Glad to hear you can do someone else's thinking for them....you have no clue what Slash is thinking. Neither do I.

• Like 1

This thread :facepalm:. And I thought I lived in a country full of complainers :smiley-confused2:

Thanks everyone who has actually attended the show for the positive reviews and for sharing your experience, it's so great to read. I'm looking forward to the day of my GNR show :headbang:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, k12 said:

Really, because Slash had the following to say back In 2008.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/slash-calls-guns-n-roses-chinese-democracy-a-great-statement-172820

So how can you assure us that Slash hates playing those songs?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ironmt said:

Really, because Slash had the following to say back In 2008.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/slash-calls-guns-n-roses-chinese-democracy-a-great-statement-172820

So how can you assure us that Slash hates playing those songs?

he was in the middle of the "I have to now suck up to Axl" if I am ever going to get back in the band stage

and it is irrelevant if he is really liking the album or not, it is not a real GNR album by the majority of GNR fans, playing 4 songs off of that album on what is being billed as a "reunion" tour(and yes the "Not In the lifetime" Is definitely billing it as a reunion) is an insult

3 minutes ago, Padme said:

No hate. But you have to understand that it's a shame that she is the one doing back up vocals when it should be Izzy doing that job. 

Hi. What? I think you are a little confused. She is not the replacement of Izzy (she is in the place of Chris Pittman after his departure).

For what I´ve heard Izzy doesn´t want to be in the band (he was invited). so it should be a place for people conmitment with the band. 

• Like 1

I don't know about the Catcher solo, maybe it needs some more work but it was fine for a first time live, Axl sounded nice

2 hours ago, Lumikki said:

I've actually been waiting for Slash to say something like "I've always wanted to give Sorry a try, it's my favorite song on CD." Just to watch the fall-out :popcorn:

No lies, me too it would be super entertaining

gnrmeme.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, k12 said:

I feel so assured now you've assured me. 

Did you see the first time they played TIL and Slash very deliberately walked right up to Axl and played the solo for an audience of one?

If you can't read into the significance of that then you're as obtuse as these other wish-thinkers.