GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

Sluff and wives hanging out once again while Axl's hiding away in his hotel room.

Can't they drag him along to a restaurant or other outing for once?

If Axl can go to restaurants with Angus, he can also go with these guys. Having Meegan and Susan there can't be that unbearable, surely?

Or hell, if he really doesn't want to be around them, Slash and Duff could leave their ladies behind at the hotel and take Axl with them on their own every now and then.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Frey said:

Sluff and wives hanging out once again while Axl's hiding away in his hotel room.

Can't they drag him along to a restaurant or other outing for once?

If Axl can go to restaurants with Angus, he can also go with these guys. Having Meegan and Susan there can't be that unbearable, surely?

Or hell, if he really doesn't want to be around them, Slash and Duff could leave their ladies behind at the hotel and take Axl with them on their own every now and then.

I don't think the problem is Slash and Duff ladies. Axl doesn't like to go out because the media, fans, poeple in general follow him around and they want pictures, autograph or videos. For example, he looks really pissed off in the pictures with the commercial airline captain and the rest of the crew. With AC/DC, he has to follow orders. If Angus says "lets go to have dinner" He has to go. That's not the case with GN'R. Maybe the day after the shows he might be willing to allow a couple of pictures. But he won't be doing that all the time day and night

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Padme said:

I don't think the problem is Slash and Duff ladies. Axl doesn't like to go out because the media, fans, poeple in general follow him around and they want pictures, autograph or videos. For example, he looks really pissed off in the pictures with the commercial airline captain and the rest of the crew. With AC/DC, he has to follow orders. If Angus says "lets go to have dinner" He has to go. That's not the case with GN'R. Maybe the day after the shows he might be willing to allow a couple of pictures. But he won't be doing that all the time day and night

Yeah, I just read on twitter there's a camera crew from the local news station parked outside Axls hotel waiting for him and a bunch of reporters and then fans. He's not going to come out :( 

9 minutes ago, Padme said:

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yeah, I just read on twitter there's a camera crew from the local news station parked outside Axls hotel waiting for him and a bunch of reporters and then fans. He's not going to come out :( 

Yeah and I get that, but the same applies to Slash and Duff, though probably in a less extreme form than with Axl. I just don't think that it's so impossible to avoid fans/media (that's why I said "restaurants or other outings" because other things might be easier in that regard than restaurants with tons of customers, waiters, etc. who want a picture).

All they would have to do is dress down a little, use the back or side entrances of hotels (the whole "leaving through the kitchen" thing) and go to less frequented places. Tons of famous people manage to do that, so I don't see why they can't. Or maybe they are doing that already, but I don't really get the impression they do. It seems like Axl is always hanging out with TB and the rest of the freak show, while Slash and Duff hang out with each other.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Frey said:

Yeah and I get that, but the same applies to Slash and Duff, though probably in a less extreme form than with Axl. I just don't think that it's so impossible to avoid fans/media (that's why I said "restaurants or other outings" because other things might be easier in that regard than restaurants with tons of customers, waiters, etc. who want a picture).

All they would have to do is dress down a little, use the back or side entrances of hotels (the whole "leaving through the kitchen" thing) and go to less frequented places. Tons of famous people manage to do that, so I don't see why they can't. Or maybe they are doing that already, but I don't really get the impression they do. It seems like Axl is always hanging out with TB and the rest of the freak show, while Slash and Duff hang out with each other.

Yes, he's his own worst enemy. If he just ripped the plaster off, so to speak, and came out told the press "yay I'm happy to be in Argentina" and sign a couple of autographs they would more than likely leave him alone to get on with his day.  

But he is Axl and we know it's not that simple.

Also, I don't think anyone can easily get in on the Slash and Duff bond. Those two like to be just those two and their ladies. That's probably how they wanted it, no Axl no Steven. Just them. So not a case of Axl even getting an invite. 

Surely Susan and Meegan are going to go back to America soon, they're not going to be on the rest of the tour so far away from their kids. Maybe Axl will stray again then :lol:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

To be fair, counting the whole days between the 1st and today we only have accounted for  two evenings and Axl wanting privacy would stop us from knowing if they hanged together, he could have really sneaked out of the kitchen and went with the guys in a private place in the afternoon for what we know.

And who wants to hang out with couples when you can party? :rofl-lol: (no but seriously, i agree with @MillionsOfSpiders i dont think they even invited Axl, by the photo it seems like a double date to me and they wouldn't invite him for that )

Edited by giuls
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes, he's his own worst enemy. If he just ripped the plaster off, so to speak, and came out told the press "yay I'm happy to be in Argentina" and sign a couple of autographs they would more than likely leave him alone to get on with his day.  

But he is Axl and we know it's not that simple.

Also, I don't think anyone can easily get in on the Slash and Duff bond. Those two like to be just those two and their ladies. That's probably how they wanted it, no Axl no Steven. Just them. So not a case of Axl even getting an invite. 

Surely Susan and Meegan are going to go back to America soon, they're not going to be on the rest of the tour so far away from their kids. Maybe Axl will stray again then :lol:

Right, I had forgotten about Steven being there too. That makes Slash and Duff look even douchier, considering Steven used be Slash's best friend and everything (before he exchanged him for Duff).

I don't know, I'm glad they get along so well and are close, but generally speaking it wouldn't hurt them to reach out to Axl, Izzy and Steven a bit more as well. Steven would jump at the chance, Axl and Izzy they'd probably have to drag out of their shell a bit, but ultimately it would be good for all of them if they actually want to have a future as a band or at least want to write songs together.

Maybe I'm delusional, but I'm still holding out hope for new music (and to see all of the original 5 on stage together at least once), and I think there's a better chance of that happening if they spend time with each other and bond with each other. If they just keep to themselves, the best case scenario is that we're gonna get Chinese leftovers with Slash solos on them, worst case scenario is we get nothing except the cash grab tour.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Padme said:

definitely

11 minutes ago, Frey said:

Right, I had forgotten about Steven being there too. That makes Slash and Duff look even douchier

I'm not "worried" about them not including Axl in couple things because, well, he's single but You can make a case for Steven because he has a wife and she was always there for the other shows so she should be there too and they haven't invited them, if Steven's wife was there it means they wanted to hang out with only each other (it isn't a bad thing per se but it would have been nice seeing them all together, the 4 members together)

29 minutes ago, Frey said:

Right, I had forgotten about Steven being there too. That makes Slash and Duff look even douchier, considering Steven used be Slash's best friend and everything (before he exchanged him for Duff).

I don't know, I'm glad they get along so well and are close, but generally speaking it wouldn't hurt them to reach out to Axl, Izzy and Steven a bit more as well. Steven would jump at the chance, Axl and Izzy they'd probably have to drag out of their shell a bit, but ultimately it would be good for all of them if they actually want to have a future as a band or at least want to write songs together.

Maybe I'm delusional, but I'm still holding out hope for new music (and to see all of the original 5 on stage together at least once), and I think there's a better chance of that happening if they spend time with each other and bond with each other. If they just keep to themselves, the best case scenario is that we're gonna get Chinese leftovers with Slash solos on them, worst case scenario is we get nothing except the cash grab tour.

I totally agree with you Frey. It was so awesome to see Axl just peeping out from his shell a little bit when he was with Slash and Duff. And now Steven is there too, it would be so cool to see them arrange dinner with the four of them, maybe Axl would turn up. If not, then Steven, Slash and Duff would be cool. 

I cant help but have the feeling that Slash and Duff have decided they are going to stick together no matter what, any Axl bullshit starts and they're together. I think it would be much more encouraging, and they would probably get some surprisingly good results, If they let Axl into their little gang and put some trust and confidence into him. I honestly think that's what they've decided between them though lol probably I'm totally wrong (and being too analytical again) 

I know people here love Slash and Duffs ladies, but I was a bit disappointed to see them, I wish they'd let them be for a little bit. Like I said though, hopefully they'll go back soon and Axl and Steven can take their place as Slash and Duffs dinner dates :lol:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, giuls said:

I'm not "worried" about them not including Axl in couple things because, well, he's single but You can make a case for Steven because he has a wife and she was always there for the other shows so she should be there too and they haven't invited them, if Steven's wife was there it means they wanted to hang out with only each other (it isn't a bad thing per se but it would have been nice seeing them all together, the 4 members together)

The thing is Steven was supposed to be a secret surprise. I think that's why they don't go out with Steven his wife. I'm not sure they know that Adler has been very visible :lol: And if they know they are just jealouse that Steven being Steven doesn't give a fuck about secrecy bullshit anymore. Adler was always anti establishment. The only one with balls to confront Axl his stupidity.

Del James and Dizzy posted about being at a restaurant. But they talked about the Cubs championship, not much about their night out. I don't know if the rest of the band were there with them

35 minutes ago, giuls said:

Axl/Erin - Slash/Meegan - Duff/Susan - Steven/Carolina. That would be the perfect setting. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Wasn't Fortus with Slash and Duff in that restaurant? I think there is a video in another thread with them leaving. Or was it from another night?

I think the night with Fortus was the night before that? i'm not sure, the video in question was too dark for me and i only saw Duff, paging @MillionsOfSpiders were there the girls in video too?

@Padme he is in the same hotel as Slash and Duff they knew he's hanging out in the lobby and meeting fans. 

2 minutes ago, giuls said:

I think the night with Fortus was the night before that? i'm not sure, the video in question was too dark for me and i only saw Duff, paging @MillionsOfSpiders were there the girls in video too?

@Padme he is in the same hotel as Slash and Duff they knew he's hanging out in the lobby and meeting fans. 

I know that. But was he supposed to make himself visible before the shows? And if Adler is being cool with fans at the hotel I guess Slash and Duff could do the same thing. 

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

I know that. But was he supposed to make himself visible before the shows? And if Adler is being cool with fans at the hotel I guess Slash and Duff could do the same thing. 

You said he didn't go to the dinner because it was supposed to be a surprise for the fans but we already knew he was there before the dinner, the surprise was already ruined so why don't go out to dinner if they wanted to?

4 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I guess Steven was not there cause he is Vegan

In Argetina they don't have vegetables or pasta?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, giuls said:

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Wasn't Fortus with Slash and Duff in that restaurant? I think there is a video in another thread with them leaving. Or was it from another night?

I think the Fortus thing might have been a different day (or a different meal :lol:), but if it was the same, then there really is no excuse for not taking Axl along with them as well. As far as I know Fortus is single too and not nearly anywhere as close or important to Slash and Duff as Axl should be.

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I totally agree with you Frey. It was so awesome to see Axl just peeping out from his shell a little bit when he was with Slash and Duff. And now Steven is there too, it would be so cool to see them arrange dinner with the four of them, maybe Axl would turn up. If not, then Steven, Slash and Duff would be cool. 

I cant help but have the feeling that Slash and Duff have decided they are going to stick together no matter what, any Axl bullshit starts and they're together. I think it would be much more encouraging, and they would probably get some surprisingly good results, If they let Axl into their little gang and put some trust and confidence into him. I honestly think that's what they've decided between them though lol probably I'm totally wrong (and being too analytical again) 

I know people here love Slash and Duffs ladies, but I was a bit disappointed to see them, I wish they'd let them be for a little bit. Like I said though, hopefully they'll go back soon and Axl and Steven can take their place as Slash and Duffs dinner dates :lol:

No, I could totally see that being true. And I agree, reaching out to Axl a bit might work wonders. I'm convinced Axl would love to be part of their little gang again (I can't imagine hanging out with the likes of Andrei or Beta all the time really makes him happy) , but he's probably too awkward and insecure to know how to go about that, especially when wives, girlfriends, kids (not to mention Axl's own entourage) are involved as well. Axl's always trying to initiate things and be affectionate on stage (usually with zero reaction or results), and at this point it's kind of uncomfortable to watch how Axl and Steven are bouncing around Slash and Duff like desperate little puppies, while these two keep ignoring them and stick to each other only most of the time (there are some exceptions). I mean that's been going on forever with Steven, but now they seem to be doing it with Axl too and I wish they wouldn't. It really is a bit "You can't sit with us" high school drama-ish.

And yeah, I was disappointed to see them too :lol: I have nothing against Meegan and Susan, but giving their guys some time off to concentrate on band business and relationships wouldn't be a bad thing.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, giuls said:

You said he didn't go to the dinner because it was supposed to be a surprise for the fans but we already knew he was there before the dinner, the surprise was already ruined so why don't go out to dinner if they wanted to?

In Argetina they don't have vegetables or pasta?

I don't know if Slash and Duff were allowed to make Adler visible. Despite the fact that Adler decided to do it anyway in the hotel. That was his call. I mean there is no official statement about Adler being a guest for the shows. Neither Slash nor Duff nor Richard nor anyone have said a word about Adler.