Any regret about the HOF induction?

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Has it ever entered your head that some people find GN'R a comedy? It is not negative - quite the reverse: it is absolute comedy gold.

Yeah, you've told me this before - that reminds me, could you please translate your negativity into something comedic instead of the plain "I never liked this." I mean for 16,000 plus posts, you should have this down to a science! :lol:

11 minutes ago, Un42nutzly said:

Yeah, you've told me this before - that reminds me, could you please translate your negativity into something comedic instead of the plain "I never liked this." I mean for 16,000 plus posts, you should have this down to a science! :lol:

You obviously do not know anything about me seeing as perhaps two/thirds of my post are in non-GN'R sections - and quite a few of them might be positive!! Half of my posts are me talking to myself on a cricket topic haha!

This, your post, is a consequence of a disagreement between me, Soul and Rovim about the legitimacy of Hall of Fame/Nugnr line-ups and ex-members. I can only speak for myself when I say, I was not exactly foaming at the mouth during this conversation but offering a difference of opinion to theirs, as is similar for the other two participants - I'm sure. At no point did you wish to oblige us with your viewpoint, so I do not know what you're moaning about! Just ignore the posts that do not interest you and reply to the stuff that does - precisely the reason why you never see me posting much in the American sports sections.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

You obviously do not know anything about me seeing as perhaps two/thirds of my post are in non-GN'R sections - and quite a few of them might be positive!! Half of my posts are me talking to myself on a cricket topic haha!

This, your post, is a consequence of a disagreement between me, Soul and Rovim about the legitimacy of Hall of Fame/Nugnr line-ups and ex-members. I can only speak for myself when I say, I was not exactly fuming at the mouth during this conversation but offering a difference of opinion to theirs, as is similar for the other two participants - I'm sure. At no point did you wish to oblige us with your viewpoint, so I do not know what you're moaning about! Just ignore the posts that do not interest you and reply to the stuff that does - precisely the reason why you never see me posting much in the American sports sections.

I was reading through it and saw your " I never liked Nugnr I'm afraid." comment and it - along with acknowledgment of your past GNR-related posts (along with some other members, don't take it personally)-  sparked my attention to type up my original post. I'll just take your advice though for the future. Heck, maybe I'll join you in the cricket topic so you don't have to talk to yourself anymore! 

8 hours ago, Mr. Dude said:

I think punching out Billy Joel at this juncture in his career would be a bad PR move for Axl.

Axl's a Billy Joel fan, plus Billy would have given him advice on how to be friends with the ex girlfriends and ex-wives. Even the people that ripped him off he's been nice to. Plus Billy was an undefeated boxer in his teens, up to the point he had his nose broken and then chose music over boxing. 

34 minutes ago, dalsh327 said:

Axl's a Billy Joel fan, plus Billy would have given him advice on how to be friends with the ex girlfriends and ex-wives. Even the people that ripped him off he's been nice to. Plus Billy was an undefeated boxer in his teens, up to the point he had his nose broken and then chose music over boxing. 

I didn't know the bit about the boxing. I was well aware that he's an eternal loser when it comes to women and relationships. He's kind of like me in that way; well, without the women and relationships anyway.

7 hours ago, Rovim said:

But some bands can replace a very prominent frontman and still be considered the real band. Who do we have? AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Van Halen, and many more.

It depends on the band. (and the replacements and other factors) Zeppelin lost Bonham and couldn't continue. They knew it was over. When Keith Moon died, The Who were not the same band, not even sure they were still The Who.

But sometimes it's not always the lead singer who assumes the 'role of a frontman', right? Take AC/CD for example....we know it's Angus who appears to be like the frontman of the band even when he isn't the lead singer.

15 hours ago, Un42nutzly said:

He actually does have "this" down to a science.

• Like 1

Has Queen ever been Queen with out Freddie Mercury? In my opion no, Axl holds much the same prescence in Guns and Roses, could he ever have been replaceable?

As mentioned AC/DC pulled it off with the acceptance of Johnson, perhaps this was mainly down to the combind front of brothers Young which kept the equilibrium. Would the other GnR members had the same pulled it off if Axl had walked? It's an interesting one.

We could argue the closest to GnR was Velvet Revolver 3/5, if you criteria is by definition of band members only.

For me the induction to the RRHOF was always about the appetite line up, and 25 years service to the industry.Whilst I understood  Axl wanting to stand by his then band members, I could never understand the argument that they should be recognised ( with the possible exception of Matt/Dizzy) as they did not meet the criteria nor could you argue that they had a significant influence to the business. Thers's nothing ground breaking about doing someone else's songs.

So I view the turnout to the induction as individual members making the best of the situation as they could on the night, by no means do I view it as a Guns and Roses performance, for that accolade to work for me Axl, would have to be singing. It has nothing to do with ownership of band name, just my vision of what it stands for. This is why I use the term NuGnR and current regrouping I'm waiting for Gn3R  to catch on, which it hasn't so one can assume that Duff, Slash and Axl is acceptable enough for most.

I'm still holding out for Izzy and Steven, and I was disappointed not to have that at the RRHOF in fact It made unreasonable cross at the time. I don't think Axl regrets it in anyway as he was protecting what he thought as his band at the time,  and unsurprisingly he avoids situations that don't work for him, would any of us put ourselves through the type of scrutiny this would have involved with our sworn enemy?

When Matt is inducted for working on UYI other members like Robin, Buckethead, Paul, Tommy, Chris, Bryan, Frank, Ron, etc. should have been induction for working on CD too. Just my 2 cents…

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

When Matt is inducted for working on UYI other members like Robin, Buckethead, Paul, Tommy, Chris, Bryan, Frank, Ron, etc. should have been induction for working on CD too. Just my 2 cents…

UYI sold like 30 million copies combined and produced huge hits like November Rain, Don't Cry, You Could Be Mine, Live and Let Die etc. (also the biggest and most successful tour was in support for these albums)

Chinese sold what? 3 million copies? and produced really no hits, not many people outside of diehard GNR fans cared about that album or members of nugnr. (multiple tours cancelled and revolving lineups didn't help either)

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

Don't forget dizzy Reed. Dizzy Reed is in the HOF under the GNR name.

On June 3, 2016 at 1:20 PM, DieselDaisy said:

I never liked Nugnr I'm afraid.

Well technically that band still exists so..

3 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Don't forget dizzy Reed. Dizzy Reed is in the HOF under the GNR name.

Yeah, but UYI wasn't his only gn'r albums with original material. That's why I just named Matt.

Edited by Sosso

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

I don't remember the time frame, was Matt inducted befor the 25 years, I know that RRHOF has been inconsistent with who they deem eligible which make the whole thing some what of a joke.

2 hours ago, Archtop said:

I don't remember the time frame, was Matt inducted befor the 25 years, I know that RRHOF has been inconsistent with who they deem eligible which make the whole thing some what of a joke.

I always thought that a band has to exist for at least 25 year. And not like a member has to be in the band for 25 years.

Edited by Sosso

3 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I was always that a band has to exist for at least 25 year. And not like a member has to be in the for 25 years.

If that's the case I have misunderstood. It also explains why Axl wanted his then line up recognised, never could get my head round that one.