China Exchange: 60 Minutes with Axl Rose

Are you like normal people who want coffee in the morning?:facepalm:

Damn, I didn't hear half of this stuff the first time around. Seeing this with clear video/audio is a totally different experience.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, danijel00 said:

what happened at 12:20? Axl's face :lol:

He disagreed with what the other guy was saying/didn't like what he was saying I think?

But I m having trouble understanding everything Axl and the other guy are saying. They talk over each other a lot and Axl mumbles or something during the Ayatollah story. 

Can anyone who's a native speaker and has good ears maybe transcribe what they're saying during the Ayatollah story? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, danijel00 said:

what happened at 12:20? Axl's face :lol:

i think he wanted to keep talkin about that Ayatollah story and the guy just cut him.

Axl: "We had a power struggle ..."
asian guy just goes: " ..so anyway"

and then the face 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frey said:

He disagreed with what the other guy was saying/didn't like what he was saying I think?

But I m having trouble understanding everything Axl and the other guy are saying. They talk over each other a lot and Axl mumbles or something during the Ayatollah story. 

Can anyone who's a native speaker and has good ears maybe transcribe what they're saying during the Ayatollah story? 

Axl says: "30 years ago when the rest of the band was all on heroin, and they realised that this woman interviewing us from some tiny little Rock magazine was more interested in interviewing them than me, Izzy said that I was more like the Ayatollah because that was the big enemy at the time, and then it just stuck".  The host then goes on to say "that was their loss" and Axl replies saying something about there was a power struggle.

Edited by Lindy100
  • Like 1

Interview guy was ok, except the part about Axl creating his own label for the band.

I think the interviewer is so rude bc he's trying to fit as many questions in as possible. He gets anxious towards the end bc he knows time is running out, and doesn't have time for people explaining their life story to Axl. You gotta remember they have him for 60 min....imagine if that time is taken up with fans asking their question or telling Axl how big of a fan they are. That's why the interviewer gets like "what's the question?" 

So I think he did well transferring from question to question to get as much as possible from Axl. 

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Like 1