Dj Ashba Better Version - 2016 Live

scooby845

Not trying to kill any of your excitement or for that matter mine, or to burst anyone's bubble, but the so-praised new intro to better performed live in 2016 was actually a work of Dj Ashba. Just listen to the part from 2:42 to 2:52. So it wasn't any songwriting input from Slash or Duff whatsoever.. Yeah go on hating on Dj..I still think he was great in GnR..

Credits: Top comment

• Like 3

I don't know about all that. Sounds kinda similar but saying Slash copied that seems like a bridge too far for me. After all, it is the same song, so it's naturally going to sound something similar I think.

I will say, this is a cool version and makes me actually wish a remix album would someday come out. 

22 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

That riff was always there on every version of Better.

yeah but it is subtle and you cannot hear it so distinctly...

10 minutes ago, lucasnesposito said:

And why never he played in live?

cause Axl didn't want it...I don't know..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Not trying to kill any of your excitement or for that matter mine, or to burst anyone's bubble, but the so-praised new intro to better performed live in 2016 was actually a work of Dj Ashba. Just listen to the part from 2:42 to 2:52. So it wasn't any songwriting input from Slash or Duff whatsoever.. Yeah go on hating on Dj..I still think he was great in GnR..

Credits: Top comment

Sorry - but you are so wrong. I would wager that Slash hasn't heard this at all. That particular run has always been there - loud or not, they still have to learn to play it.

Nice try, but DJ is still the worst guitarist to ever grace the stage with GN'R. He couldn't tie the laces on Robin's boots.

• Like 2