Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

10 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Wow man that's absolutely awesome!  I know that took some real thought and planning, amazing job with it!

Edited by liqddynamite

2 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Did you attend each of these shows? Which of your lithos is your favorite?

The only one I didn’t attend was the Arizona show. My sister did and was nice enough to pick up a litho for me! I’d say out of all of my lithos the San Antonio one would be my favorite, but I love all of them, and of course the Vegas night one litho will always hold a special place in my heart! What a night that was! 

so... do you guys remember that mammoth lithograph auction that was on Ebay a few weeks ago for $4000? Had a random collection of 22 lithographs and it magically 'sold' to some new Ebay user with 0 feedback? Here's the link to refresh your memories.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/152712456893

Well not that we really needed any confirmation that that sale was fishy right from the start but the 'buyer' still has a 0 rating so I think we can safely assume that was a shill bid.

Recently a whole bunch of non-recent lithos got dumped onto Ebay and I was sure the bunch looked familiar. Just that weird selection of lithos that didn't seem to fit together in any discernable pattern: Random cheap lithos from NA and Australia paired with rare and expensive lithos from Europe. Well it looks like those same lithos are back:

This is the same number #111 Winston-Salem that was in the original $4k lot - https://www.ebay.com/itm/232540484947

This is the same number #132 Brisbane Surfer that was in the original $4k lot - https://www.ebay.com/itm/202094774699

Sure enough every litho in the original $4k lot is being sold... but by two 'separate' Ebay sellers with suspiciously similar names "thehungryraccoon" and "thehungryduckling". And both sellers just so happen to be in Bradenton, Florida.

So - buyers beware. There's slimy motherfuckers out there shill bidding and there's slimy motherfuckers out there with multiple accounts. And as if that and the ridiculous prices he is asking for common, unpopular lithos wasn't enough to convince you to stay away from his auctions, none of his auctions seems to point out how many of them have horribly damaged corners. You have been warned.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, amaninjapan said:

so... do you guys remember that mammoth lithograph auction that was on Ebay a few weeks ago for $4000? Had a random collection of 22 lithographs and it magically 'sold' to some new Ebay user with 0 feedback? Here's the link to refresh your memories.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/152712456893

Well not that we really needed any confirmation that that sale was fishy right from the start but the 'buyer' still has a 0 rating so I think we can safely assume that was a shill bid.

Recently a whole bunch of non-recent lithos got dumped onto Ebay and I was sure the bunch looked familiar. Just that weird selection of lithos that didn't seem to fit together in any discernable pattern: Random cheap lithos from NA and Australia paired with rare and expensive lithos from Europe. Well it looks like those same lithos are back:

This is the same number #111 Winston-Salem that was in the original $4k lot - https://www.ebay.com/itm/232540484947

This is the same number #132 Brisbane Surfer that was in the original $4k lot - https://www.ebay.com/itm/202094774699

Sure enough every litho in the original $4k lot is being sold... but by two 'separate' Ebay sellers with suspiciously similar names "thehungryraccoon" and "thehungryduckling". And both sellers just so happen to be in Bradenton, Florida.

So - buyers beware. There's slimy motherfuckers out there shill bidding and there's slimy motherfuckers out there with multiple accounts. And as if that and the ridiculous prices he is asking for common, unpopular lithos wasn't enough to convince you to stay away from his auctions, none of his auctions seems to point out how many of them have horribly damaged corners. You have been warned.

Great detective work. I do believe that some will be offered in a lot of multiple lithos down the line when some collector is in need of fast cash, but this one did seem pretty odd from jump street.

• Like 1

Thanks for taking the time to investigate and call out these scammers amaninjapan.  When I woke up this am and saw my daily eBay email said 27 new lithos I knew something wasn't quite right.   But the connections to that phony $4k auction and seeing the very similar seller  names and location.......eBay has to do something about this.   They are putting lithos up at 650 and 450!!!!   Be careful out there folks.  I hope those who bid are aware of the risks.   

1 hour ago, Miller1254 said:

Thanks for taking the time to investigate and call out these scammers amaninjapan.  When I woke up this am and saw my daily eBay email said 27 new lithos I knew something wasn't quite right.   But the connections to that phony $4k auction and seeing the very similar seller  names and location.......eBay has to do something about this.   They are putting lithos up at 650 and 450!!!!   Be careful out there folks.  I hope those who bid are aware of the risks.   

I mean he can ask any price he wants, doesn't mean he'll get it.  There's no reason to suspect they are fake, but there's plenty to suggest the guy is of questionable character.  Any buyer who's willing to pay several hundred for a litho would probably like to know who they are buying from, and a guy who fakes a big sale and then puts the same items back up under a different ebay name is probably not someone anyone here wants to do business with.

Edited by liqddynamite
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I don't like this poster at all. The greens are way too bright and cartoonish, and the comic book design doesn't carry a connotation with Toronto to make me appreciate this more. Personally the Canada lithos, aside from Regina and Vancouver, have been a miss IMO. The cartoony style just makes them feel less appealing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sam Weisenburger said:

I don't like this poster at all. The greens are way too bright and cartoonish, and the comic book design doesn't carry a connotation with Toronto to make me appreciate this more. Personally the Canada lithos, aside from Regina and Vancouver, have been a miss IMO. The cartoony style just makes them feel less appealing.

You didn't like Winnipeg?