Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

This current leg has had pretty shitty designs.  That quasimodo is butt ugly.

Sure hope they get Buhler back for some more other than those stupid boxed set pictures.

So far the only one I think is remotely interesting is the Gilsenkirchen smoke design.  And that one's not even that great.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2018 at 12:57 AM, AxlIsGod. said:

Does anyone have any info on the London pop-up litho? did they have a set amount for each day? im seeing numbers out of 100 and numbers out of 200 on ebay.

Actually not sure. I picked up 2 and they were both out of 200. They were all basically in tubes in a corner of one of the rooms. Didn't seem to be much logic to what numbers that were on display. I picked up number 7/200 and 9/200 but there were probably 20 tubes on the table, some with number 118/200 etc. 

EDIT: They ones i picked up were actually 7/100 and 9/100 (not 200) so looks like they did indeed print another batch

On 7/3/2018 at 1:35 AM, The Holographic Universe said:

Perhaps the eBayers just wrote it on the litho to create the illusion of scaricity. Cool litho. 

Can confirm that the numbers are pre-written on the lithos.

Edited by CAFC Nick
Wrong number of lithos stated

1 hour ago, estrangedtwat said:

This current leg has had pretty shitty designs.  That quasimodo is butt ugly.

Sure hope they get Buhler back for some more other than those stupid boxed set pictures.

So far the only one I think is remotely interesting is the Gilsenkirchen smoke design.  And that one's not even that great.

I feel its been in line with the US legs. Some hits, some misses, some inbetween. Europe '17 was on another level.

6 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

Actually not sure. I picked up 2 and they were both out of 200. They were all basically in tubes in a corner of one of the rooms. Didn't seem to be much logic to what numbers that were on display. I picked up number 7/200 and 9/200 but there were probably 20 tubes on the table, some with number 118/200 etc. 

Can confirm that the numbers are pre-written on the lithos.

I took this pic on Sunday:

MErDhhC.jpg

In hindsight, for only 15 quid, I’m kicking myself for not picking up at least 1 myself!

7 minutes ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

I took this pic on Sunday:

MErDhhC.jpg

In hindsight, for only 15 quid, I’m kicking myself for not picking up at least 1 myself!

Agreed - have no plans for mine as it stands but knew i would regret not picking up. Funny seeing the sky-high prices on eBay and the people saying that it was £50...!

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Does anyone have any info on the London pop-up litho? did they have a set amount for each day? im seeing numbers out of 100 and numbers out of 200 on ebay.

Word has it.....they only did 100.

They sold out of those.....then did another batch of 200.

Not a concert lithograph....but its  a pretty cool design.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SydneyGnR said:

Word has it.....they only did 100.

They sold out of those.....then did another batch of 200.

Not a concert lithograph....but its  a pretty cool design.

Makes sense - the ones I have are out of 100 so your logic seems plausible.

Edited by CAFC Nick

37 minutes ago, Mcs953 said:

Never said that, why so hostile?

I am not trying to be hostile, but you are obviously not trying to be realistic either. You have 25 posts and most of those are posts looking for the rarest and most valuble lithos from the tour (London, Paris, Slane, Foxboro 2, Madrid, Kobe, etc), but you don't want to pay eBay or fair market prices.

The $600 for the Slane was a good deal on ebay since it was only the second I have seen for sale and you didn't want to pay lqddynamites price for the Cincinnati (which I thought was more than fair for a very desirable and popular litho). You instead went public with the negotiation which I thought was in very poor taste.

As I said, I am not trying to be openly hostile; and I wish you the best of luck in your search, but I come here to talk about/see the artwork; not you trying to solicit people for high dollar lithographs as cheaply as possible.

• Like 3

Just wanted to put this up as an open post on this forum, some of the members here have criticized me as trying to take advantage of members here and obtain art for nothing, I would like everybody here to consider this, it is true that I am looking for the London 1, Paris, kobe and Cincinnati on here, I have been on communication with some members here and have been put down because I wouldn’t give them what they feel is fair, I would like everyone to consider, how do you. Or know that I didn’t get the slane litho from that seller or another seller and paid premium dollars for it. As an Irish American this is my favorite piece, I have seen the Cincinnati, two as a matter of fact go for less than 100 bucks on eBay, sane seller bought them, is that seller a member here?  Now the sellers want me to pay around 5 grand for these lithos?  I am in this for the art, I love the designs and I found one on here recently and messaged a member and bought it for what I consider premium dollars.  I read the old posts and I see some of these members complaining about people buying and selling on eBay, some of these members got these at cost and now want to gouge here, while I could pay 5 grand for these 4 lithos I won’t as guns and Roses could release copies tomorrow and the value could plummet.  Remember people, these cost 50 bucks a piece originally, so don’t put me down as I am in it for the love of the art.  If anybody wants to sell someday for price we could both agree, please feel to message me, but son’t Forget where you cane from, I hope everybody has a great day.

• Like 1

Nobody is retiring on these things.  They are luxury items for aging Gen Xers with disposable incomes.  Personally, I think it's ridiculous to spend a thousand dollars on a piece of paper unless it's a hand drawn piece by your favorite artist.  But the market decides the value of an item.  It's worth whatever people are willing to spend.

I don't own a Cinci.  I'd fucking LOVE one.  I'd frame it and gaze upon it in awe every day.  But I'm not willing to spend the asking price, so I have resigned myself to just looking at the jpeg on my screen.

Sorry, life isn't fair.

These are a perk to concert goers.  That's all they ever were.  You didn't go to the show and you still want it?  Pony up the cash.  These are never getting reissued by the band cause that would require work and effort, and Team Brazil has proven that they're way too lazy for that kind of shit.

I own a few lithographs.  I stood in fucking line for hours to get them.  I'm keeping them, cause they represent a cherished memory of seeing my favorite band.  But if I ever were going to sell them, I'd put them on ebay for the going rate without batting an eye.  I stood in line and I bought them myself.  Anyone that did so can do whatever the hell they want with these.  Just cause they paid $50 for them doesn't mean they owe it to you to make sure you get your super rare highly sought after lithos for cost, or less. 

Good luck on getting that Cinci and Kobe and Paris, pal.

Edited by estrangedtwat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with you on the fact that the market drives what they are worth, as far as guns and Roses not reissuing a print, pure speculation on your part.  Kobe, Cincinnati, Paris, and London One, I too have stood in line for hours to get certain prints, however someone will sell one of each for a price I can live with, maybe after the tour?