Please bring back Illusions/Ritz version of Knockin' On Heavens Door

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

I vote to stop stretching knockin and rocket queen into 20 minute songs so maybe we can work in a slither or sorry, or even perfect crime!! Get in the ring!! 

Instead of that I think it's time to drop COMA. Great song but it kind of drags live and Axl struggles with it.. Trade that for Think About You and a slow dirty version of You're Crazy!

2 hours ago, snoman said:

what was the japanese incident?

It's just a bootleg from them headlining a show back in 1988 in Tokyo

15 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Instead of that I think it's time to drop COMA. Great song but it kind of drags live and Axl struggles with it.. Trade that for Think About You and a slow dirty version of You're Crazy!

It's just a bootleg from them headlining a show back in 1988 in Tokyo

Even though I'm pumped to see Coma live in a couple weeks I actually agree with that. You could fit two songs in its place. I'd happily take some Perfect Crime and Slither or Yesterdays in the same spot.

4 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Even though I'm pumped to see Coma live in a couple weeks I actually agree with that. You could fit two songs in its place. I'd happily take some Perfect Crime and Slither or Yesterdays in the same spot.

Yeah it was cool to see it in Vegas because it was pretty much a surprise. It kind of drags on while watching the videos unlike Estranged which is long but pretty great this tour.

Either way, this alternate song list keeps growing but they never play any of them ha.

I view the current arrangement as a 10 minute waste of time and if they cant do it the way you are requesting, I would rather see a VR song or something good off the Illusions like Locomotive or Breakdown put in its place.  As far as The Seeker is concerned, it's the perfect spot for a cover song but I just wish it wasn't that one.  It kind of wrecks the encore.  With Nashville coming up, I'm hoping they choose to bring out Chris Stapleton to help them sing Patience during the encore.  Maybe they can give him the second verse or something.  

I think Coma shouldn't be a staple but something they should play sporadically. 

But I'm guessing Axl is trying hard to make Slash happy as well as a way to compensate maybe few songs that otherwise Slash may not be very much excited to perform. My take is, they are compromising each other here.

And like many have mentioned, you can't simply remove Knockin' from the setlist as this NITL tour largely is trying to attract casual fans who are more familiar with certain hits than some songs that only die hards know by heart.

So yeah ...Knockin' has to stay but someone can petition :lol: for them to change the way its performed.

1 hour ago, Eddie Money said:

I view the current arrangement as a 10 minute waste of time and if they cant do it the way you are requesting, I would rather see a VR song or something good off the Illusions like Locomotive or Breakdown put in its place.  As far as The Seeker is concerned, it's the perfect spot for a cover song but I just wish it wasn't that one.  It kind of wrecks the encore.  

Agree 100%. They have all those cool songs on the ALT list.. Why not start using the slot of the Seeker to randomly plug one in every show. Switch it up to keep the encore more exciting too.

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You wankers are already whining about them playing Coma too often haha?

I do not care for the song personally but I find that hilarious.

For me personally, nothing against the song but more concern about the strain it might put on his voice quality wise.

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You wankers are already whining about them playing Coma too often haha?

I do not care for the song personally but I find that hilarious.

I haven't complained about them playing it and I enjoy hearing it on this tour...they seem to get tighter with it every time they play it.  But I'll play "Devil's Advocate" here and say I think it has more to do with the fact that it's starting to lose its "mystique".  Before Vegas, the song hadn't been played in over 20 years and even back then, it had only been played a handful a times live. Ever.  It's sort of one of those rare "jewels" that bands do ever so often....and it's basically starting to lose that aspect.  That's all it is, imo.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Agree 100%. They have all those cool songs on the ALT list.. Why not start using the slot of the Seeker to randomly plug one in every show. Switch it up to keep the encore more exciting too.

The reason they probably havent is because Axl's used all of his extra bandwidth to nail the ACDC set list and hasn't found time to learn songs for his own shows that he isn't crazy about.  

I saw this new version on youtube and enjoyed it, Slash was soloing his ass off and they reggaed it. I felt like Axl's voice was blown in KC but it was youtube vid. Tge whole show has a chaotic ragged glory which I love. They are still dangerous. 

• Like 1

They should drop this song, along with The Seeker.

I think the Rio 2001 version was outstanding. And my personal favorite is the 1998 Walmart compilation version without the phone call.

9 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

YES!!!!

Yes yes yes

Nashville was the best KOHD since Illusions tour.  AWESOME.  They are bringing it back!  Thank YOU!

Definitely improved.. Too much Fortus soloing for me and I don't think sounds the best on this song anymore but it was still enjoyable.. Wasn't into the way they were playing this back in April at all.

• Like 1

These things need to be done to KOHD for it to be right.if they don't, then it needs to be dropped completely.

1. Make it shorter and "dirtier" (80's version)

2. Fortus should not be allowed to solo in this song 

3. sing along should not drag on. Axl sings 3 times, crowd sings 3 times( with no guitar soloing in between)and then finish off the song. This should not take more than 1.5 minutes.

4. And of course, let Steven Adler play the drums.

Edited by SWINGTRADER
  • Like 1

I thought I was alone not digging the jamming version of KOHD been played during this tour. I love this fricking forum !!!

KOHD has been a Guns staple song since the 80s and they made it better through the UYI live performances. 

Growing up this was my to go song. Live Freddy Mercury tribute and the acoustic version in Argentina are in my opinion the bests versions. Still when I hear it there is something about it that just gets me.

I know the guys are still getting to know each other musically and live they seem to be jamming a bit through it but you can see where it's going. By the time they hit Europe that song will be perfected live. I am a believer just as I believe Izzy will come back to play it one day.

Edited by Jnfnps!
Grammar edit
  • Like 2

So glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this. @Kasanova King it's always been one of my favourites to watch live (through the TV) and was looking forward to seeing it in real life so much at Vegas. It was the only thing that disappointed me about the whole night. .

I don't mind the Ritz version, but LOVE the Illusion era live version of it. I even like the reggae..... :takethat:

For me Freddie Mercury is the pinnacle performance of that song. But I know it's all about personal taste, I'm sure others will disagree

Edited by Gilla999
  • Like 1

On 10/07/2016 at 3:47 PM, dalsh327 said:

He needs to do a "gimme some reggae" 

Loling to myself - for over 20 years I have been convinced that he's saying "Give it some ring, yeah". Face palm of the highest degree :facepalm:

Edited by Gilla999
  • Like 3